[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ward back in the House: SA v Knicks Thread (1/27)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2004  11:48 AM
I am sure someone will come up with a RealGm trade idea that brings Duncan to NY. You know, throw in FWill and Fatboy and some salary.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1/27/2004  12:05 PM
New York trades: SF Keith Van Horn (16.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.8 minutes)
New York receives: PF Tim Duncan (21.9 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 3.3 apg in 37.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, +5.6 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

San Antonio trades: PF Tim Duncan (21.9 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 3.3 apg in 37.2 minutes)
San Antonio receives: SF Keith Van Horn (16.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.3 ppg, -5.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and San Antonio being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and San Antonio had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1448869
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2004  12:08 PM
Posted by 1:

New York trades: SF Keith Van Horn (16.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +5.3 ppg, +5.6 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

San Antonio receives: SF Keith Van Horn (16.6 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: -5.3 ppg, -5.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and San Antonio being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and San Antonio had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1448869

LOL. Yeah, but this trade was only done to SELL TICKETS. You are robbing Thomas of minutes as a starter. He has potential.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/27/2004  12:12 PM
KVH for Duncan? LMMFAO now THAT was funny!!!

They would clean house in the SA front office for it, but I'd take it! Hahaha
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #575
Burkina Faso (Upper Volta)
1/27/2004  12:14 PM
New York trades: SG Anfernee Hardaway (9.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 26.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +12.9 ppg, +9.4 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

San Antonio receives: SG Anfernee Hardaway (9.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 45 games)
Change in team outlook: -12.9 ppg, -9.4 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1448895
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/27/2004  12:20 PM
After they way SA lost to the Bucks last night, they are gonna come in here with a vengeance. Knicks better be on point and be hitting their shots tonight. They better play some damn D tonight too. If we leave cats open like we did in the Heat game, we're gonna get blown out. Bad.

BTW, I bet Shandon won't play or be there tonight again. They gotta trade him.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
1/27/2004  12:36 PM
Me thinks F.Williams gets shafted in favor of Norris again because FW, a naturual POINT GUARD, was unable to shut down Eddie Jones, a natural SHOOTING GUARD. Agree on Anderson assessment. Wilkens doesn't like him.

Keys to the game:
1) Contain Duncan. Nuff Said! I remember Doleac did an excellent job on him last year. Hopefully, Wilkens watched that game and takes a hint...
2) Keep Moochie off the floor. He is better served being our lead cheerleader.
3) When FW is in the game play him as the damn PG and Marbury as the SG. Marbury is a better scorer and when that backcourt is assembled, he should be the one playing without the ball.

Do those 3 things, we may have a chance!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/27/2004  1:11 PM
Tony Parkeeer is coming off a good game eventhough SA lost. December was SA's Hot month compared to Jan. as their cooling off period. Nevertheless, SA may want to stage Ward as the usual get even match whenever a player is traded and has to face its former team.

Otherwise Parker, should not be looking forward in matching up with Starbury. BTW, SA with Duncan on the roster is 6-5 against NY in the regular season
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2004  1:33 PM
Spurs are a joke. Knicks by 45.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/27/2004  2:11 PM
my prediction, knicks up by 6 at half...down by 2 after the 3rd, but win by 3

First quarter results up to u pplz
knixnprix
Member: #548
USA
1/27/2004  2:16 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

After they way SA lost to the Bucks last night, they are gonna come in here with a vengeance. Knicks better be on point and be hitting their shots tonight. They better play some damn D tonight too. If we leave cats open like we did in the Heat game, we're gonna get blown out. Bad.

get blown out? lol, dude, they were on a four and three game loosing streak, as you mentioned they come off of the loss to the bucks, they had also loss to the hawks some games before that. you really think we could get blown out by that team? be a believer, when now, we face the deffending world champions. i know you are a true knicks fan, so you should be saying something like, "san antonio better watch out, because we are really angry about the way we lost to the heat, plus we are at home, loose two in a row with this current knicks team at home, i don't think so!" (no disrespect)the spurs are good deffensively, and in my mind, they are a true definition of a team, but i still think they are the type of team we should beat inorder to find out where this team really is at this point of the season. i take the knicks by less that 8 pts.

[Edited by - knixnprix on 01/27/2004 14:17:24]
FRANK WILLIAMS should be an allstar. The BEST knick this season!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/27/2004  2:39 PM
Posted by knixnprix:

get blown out? lol, dude, they were on a four and three game loosing streak, as you mentioned they come off of the loss to the bucks, they had also loss to the hawks some games before that. you really think we could get blown out by that team? be a believer, when now, we face the deffending world champions. i know you are a true knicks fan, so you should be saying something like, "san antonio better watch out, because we are really angry about the way we lost to the heat, plus we are at home, loose two in a row with this current knicks team at home, i don't think so!" (no disrespect)the spurs are good deffensively, and in my mind, they are a true definition of a team, but i still think they are the type of team we should beat inorder to find out where this team really is at this point of the season. i take the knicks by less that 8 pts.

I am taking a few things into consideration:

• Allan Houston is hurt. His knee didn't magically get better. Him being out on the floor in the Miami game hurt us as much as him not being there at all.

• Duncan is the best PF in the league. IMO KT can't/won't contain him. Our team D will have to be turned up 110% tonight.

• The rampant giving up of open shots MUST stop. It was bad enough against a ragtag team like Miami. Playing sloppy D against SA will be a painful sight to see.

I still have faith, bruh. Re-read what I said. I just stated what we can and cannot do in order to win the game. Hitting our shouts, and playing some real D are of the utmost importance tonight.
If we do those things, we can win. If not, we lose. Straight like that.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/27/2004  2:50 PM
Core, you talk about Anderson like you don't want him to play.

If that was Chaney not playing Anderson, Fire Chaney chants would have been heard all night.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/27/2004  2:59 PM
Posted by Bobby:

Core, you talk about Anderson like you don't want him to play.

If that was Chaney not playing Anderson, Fire Chaney chants would have been heard all night.

No, what I was saying was that Anderson seems like he doesn't want to play. After 543 (or whatever the amout of games played was) games, he has a 2-day "migrane"? Yeah, okay. He's obviously disgruntled. He was embarrassed in front of his family, and cursed at reporters who asked him about it after the game. Lenny and Isiah are keeping it low, but Shandon has a grudge now, and the only way to resolve the matter is for him to be traded.

It has nothing to do with whether Chaney was here. Shandon isn't anywhere near a major enough player for the fans to chant because of that. LOL

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/27/2004 15:00:23]
hDavis
Member: #494
USA
1/27/2004  3:05 PM
YES! My night classes just got cancelled due to the snowstorm so I can watch the game. I hope Charlie plays tonight. It should be a tough game because SA is gonna be pissed about the missed buzzer beater last night.
I also think Shandon should be traded if we can. He is such a baby about his stupid record and his fake headache.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
knixnprix
USA
1/27/2004  3:42 PM
Posted by knixnprix:

I am taking a few things into consideration:

• Allan Houston is hurt. His knee didn't magically get better. Him being out on the floor in the Miami game hurt us as much as him not being there at all.

• Duncan is the best PF in the league. IMO KT can't/won't contain him. Our team D will have to be turned up 110% tonight.

• The rampant giving up of open shots MUST stop. It was bad enough against a ragtag team like Miami. Playing sloppy D against SA will be a painful sight to see.

I still have faith, bruh. Re-read what I said. I just stated what we can and cannot do in order to win the game. Hitting our shouts, and playing some real D are of the utmost importance tonight.
If we do those things, we can win. If not, we lose. Straight like that.
dude, the spurs aren't built(although they have done it certain times this season just like the knicks) to over power teams, they are built to play tough deffense, grind it out any which way possible(similar to van gundy's ways but that method causes you too loose sometimes also just like miami over the rockets, bucks over the spurs) which your knowledge of the game should tell you means, their offense will struggle at some point in the game if not the whole game(i might add). yes, it has happened to the deffending champions this year. lol duncan is a great player but that doesn't mean, with the proper gameplan, the proper deffense, he can't be contained, if he does kick it out, its not like the spurs are full of great "shooters"(check out the fg percentages).
i'm not saying that the spurs aren't a great team, but at the same time, i'm not saying they can't be beaten by a team like ours either. yea we have lost to the rockets(team similar to the spurs) twice, but most of that was because of marbury's struggles, which you would realize if you watched every pocession closely. you telling me, marbury our "franchise player" isn't smart enough or good enough to play as hard as he possiblly can, get his teammates fired up enough to have a break out game against a great team(the knicks haven't really beaten the great teams for us to even be thinking about calling them a legitemate contender in the east. yea yea. look at the teams i the eastern conference, lol i know i know) you telling me that a four point performace doesn't mean anything to marbury. he fire and desire should alone lead the knicks to the victory, let alone their bad loss to the heat.
as for houston, even if he does turn out to be a non-factor(which i think can happen because a guy like bruce gives him the hebbie jeebies), marbury, van horn, penny, crazy eyes, mutombo, even doeleac, frank should turn it up and lead this team to a much needed victory(yea yea, a long way to go, lol), this is the type of game the knicks should win at home for us as fans to even think about them being a legitimate contender in the east. plain and simple.
i am shocked by your doubts, the knicks should be able to win this game!
you are very optimistic about the weed trade and even positively think it will happen with him coming to new york, i don't get how you can not say "the knicks should win this game" plain and simple. maybe you are just seeing it as a game against the deffending champions, or maybe you just haven't seen the spurs enough, whatever it is, you doubts are over done.
i am not saying the knicks will definatly win, but at the same time, i am putting all of my marbels on a knicks win, my faith is with the knicks, not with the "great" spurs.

[Edited by - knixnprix on 01/27/2004 15:51:51]
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/27/2004  3:53 PM
LMAO Playa, There's no doubts overdone or anything else. You are determined to debate with yourself, and that's cool too. LOL I made specific points regarding what we must and must not do in order to win. Feel free to disagree, but IMO the general concensus would be in agreement with me on this.

knixnprix
USA
1/27/2004  4:02 PM

LMAO Playa, There's no doubts overdone or anything else. You are determined to debate with yourself, and that's cool too. LOL I made specific points regarding what we must and must not do in order to win. Feel free to disagree, but IMO the general concensus would be in agreement with me on this.
lol, you really think i'm playa? you must be on crack and feelin really high today. lol.
and i thought you likes arguing and proving you point till you are satisfied. btw, you shouldn't care whether people agree with you or not, care about whether you have said every thing you can to prove your point!
you are starting to scare me dawg.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/27/2004  4:11 PM
So I guess that was an attempt to bait me into an argument. Argue with yourself, Playa. I discuss points and counter-points. I thought that once you mentioned Chaney, something was up. Ask the mods for your name back, then holla back at me. LOL

Or you can continue to bait postas with the same nonsense until Andrew and Martin ban that KnickPrick name of yours too. Haahaaha!!!

Hilarious, and too, too easy!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/27/2004 16:12:08]
knixnprix
USA
1/27/2004  4:19 PM

So I guess that was an attempt to bait me into an argument. Argue with yourself, Playa. I discuss points and counter-points. I thought that once you mentioned Chaney, something was up. Ask the mods for your name back, then holla back at me. LOL

Or you can continue to bait postas with the same nonsense until Andrew and Martin ban that KnickPrick name of yours too. Haahaaha!!!

Hilarious, and too, too easy!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/27/2004 16:12:08]
lol, you are definately on crack, or confused, or aren't smart enough or don't know about the game enough to be able to prove yourself. w what ever it is,
i demand the old core back. lol imposters shouldn't be allowed and i'm not playa. the entusiastic one, the optimistic one, the knicks fan, core is now a mere image of his good ole self.
plus, that playa dude isn't even close to being me. i'm me god damnit!
read it carefully dawg, i never mention that dumb ass idiot named chaney.

[Edited by - knixnprix on 01/27/2004 16:21:27]

[Edited by - knixnprix on 01/27/2004 16:23:18]
Ward back in the House: SA v Knicks Thread (1/27)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy