[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

williams better than starbury.... PLEASEEEEE
Author Thread
StArBuRy03
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #576
1/26/2004  6:24 PM
anyone who says frank williams is better then marbury must be on crack. williams is a good scorer but he cant set up guys for open shots like marbury, have you seen marbury run that pick and roll, its unstoppable is kurt and doleac make that 15 footer, williams isnt a true pg...marbury is
marbury with the cross over..... and yao falls on his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2004  6:26 PM
yes Marbury is better but you're assestment of Frank is way off.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/26/2004  6:29 PM
Who said Frank was better than Stephon?
Steph's obviously better, but Franks only in his second year, after missing most of his rookie season. I think Frank is a very good player, but we'll have to see if he ever reaches Marbury's calibur.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/26/2004  6:31 PM
Posted by StArBuRy03:

anyone who says frank williams is better then marbury must be on crack. williams is a good scorer but he cant set up guys for open shots like marbury, have you seen marbury run that pick and roll, its unstoppable is kurt and doleac make that 15 footer, williams isnt a true pg...marbury is
Marbury is definitely a better PG than Frankie right now. But don't say that Williams can't set guys for open shots, in the four games that Williams started the Knicks were scoring over 100 points a game for fun. If you saw any of those games, you would've saw that the Knicks got open shots the whole game from Frankie. He has potential to be a very good PG in the league.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/26/2004  6:37 PM
OH now you really have started something . We all know marbury has been in the league a little longer than Frank, but let me tell you this Frank is gonna be a star one day.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
StArBuRy03
Member: #576
1/26/2004  6:45 PM
ok.... if the knicks dont trade either of them in the future... then marbury will most likely be around for the same amount of time williams will be, i dont see frank ever taking marburys starting position... remember... marbury is only 26, i was wrong saying williams cant set up open shots, but he has more of a scoring mantality, where as from what i've seen from marbury so far, he likes to pass the rock
marbury with the cross over..... and yao falls on his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2004  6:47 PM
i don't know about a star, but if he keeps hitting those jumpers and drive to the hoop and be a leader he will be a very good point guard.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/26/2004  6:51 PM
Posted by StArBuRy03:

ok.... if the knicks dont trade either of them in the future... then marbury will most likely be around for the same amount of time williams will be, i dont see frank ever taking marburys starting position... remember... marbury is only 26, i was wrong saying williams cant set up open shots, but he has more of a scoring mantality, where as from what i've seen from marbury so far, he likes to pass the rock
Of course Frank will never take Marbury's starting position. Isiah just made probably the biggest trade in Knicks history, how bad would that look if they then decided to start Frankie over Marbury? Marbury was acquired to be our "franchise player," which makes him the only untouchable on this team. Frankie might become a very good PG but he won't be as good as Marbury, even if he did become as good he would never start on this team because of what I mentioned before about Marbury being our cornerstone. Frankie has more value to us as trade bait than as a backup PG.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/26/2004  7:57 PM
As much as I would like to keep FWill here to back up Starbury, I am starting to think that Isiah will trade him. It's all according to what happens by the trade deadline.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
bernard
Member: #475
1/26/2004  8:15 PM
I don't think Williams' trade value is high enough ... so I'd rather let him play 20 mins a game as back-up point and shooting guard, prove himself a bit more, and trade him in the offseason, assuming the demand goes up.

He's a young guy who probably is capable of being a starter on many teams (though that still needs to be proven). We'd be much better off someone with his level of talent and upside in the frontcourt.
RonRon
Member: #246
1/26/2004  10:42 PM
question about Frank Williams contract.... when i look at the player salaries on this site, I see Frank Williams got an extension because he had 4 more years on contract with the knicks...

Is this an error? I dont remember hearing anything about the extension, maybe im wrong or it was a low profile thing.... plz reply someone... danx
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/27/2004  12:44 AM
Posted by StArBuRy03:

I have never heard anyone say that.

btw, Williams was great at the pick and roll against Memphis.
playa2

1/27/2004  7:00 AM
Williams was great at the univ of illinois
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
knixnprix
Member: #548
USA
1/27/2004  10:06 AM
Posted by StArBuRy03:

dude, you must be on crack. it's obvious that you haven't been watching knicks basketball this season otherwise you would have known who frankie really is! a playmaker, baller, scorer (when he please), main thing of all, passer, makes the knicks a better team. he might not get the stats that marbury does but he sure gets their offense and deffense going. if you had watched what he does every time he's in the ball game, you would never make these statements. as far as getting better stats than marbury, i could careless because i'm a knicks fan whose favorite player on the team is frank.
FRANK WILLIAMS should be an allstar. The BEST knick this season!
playa2

1/27/2004  10:15 AM
I second that! Let the FRANK Williams fan club begin
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/27/2004  10:31 AM
Posted by RonRon:

question about Frank Williams contract.... when i look at the player salaries on this site, I see Frank Williams got an extension because he had 4 more years on contract with the knicks...

Is this an error? I dont remember hearing anything about the extension, maybe im wrong or it was a low profile thing.... plz reply someone... danx

I don't follow you. FWill is in the second year of his standard 5 year rookie contract. Fourth year is team option year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
williams better than starbury.... PLEASEEEEE

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy