[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT] Knicks coming off a high, let's turn the heat down LOW
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/28/2010  11:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Fields hasn't carried his weight in either Heat game. The way to beat this team is to be 8 strong and have a legit 6-11 260 pound C as one of those guys--were maybe 5.5 strong.

I totally agree. We need a big. Badly. Heat killed us on the board and so did Chicago and theyre not even a big team!! We can't win like that. Our offense needs some work too.
I think Felton is playing hurt, we didn't do any pick and rolls the whole game.
AUTOADVERT
cheers
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3316

12/29/2010  12:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2010  12:03 AM
the story of the bench--

knicks bench played 48 minutes.

heat bench played 85 minutes.

cheers
Member: #3316

12/29/2010  12:08 AM
Killa4luv wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Fields hasn't carried his weight in either Heat game. The way to beat this team is to be 8 strong and have a legit 6-11 260 pound C as one of those guys--were maybe 5.5 strong.

I totally agree. We need a big. Badly. Heat killed us on the board and so did Chicago and theyre not even a big team!! We can't win like that. Our offense needs some work too.
I think Felton is playing hurt, we didn't do any pick and rolls the whole game.

totally rly. fields has performed above and beyond what is expected of a player not even on anyone's radar and would likely have been undrafted. its easy to blame the coach but lets give it a go, i blame the coach for lack of use of his bench because of whatever the fug the see's in practice. so when you finally bring out bench players who have not played like shawne or walker. they dont know their roles.

you had shawne trying to go beyond three point comfort game, to maybe try and impress coach for more minutes and it wasnt working out too well. you had walker who new enough to commit a personal foul that was about it. this is coaching neglect. i know i know mda can do no wrong. but ffs do you not see how many minutes coach spo played his bench? from a team that is three players deep. smh.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/29/2010  12:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2010  1:03 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TymeLessKnicks wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:What a strange game.

strange?

do you mean exciting?

You would think that with that late rally it would be exciting but it felt like they were toying with us, even when the game was down to 6. Still work to do.

They weren't toying..Wade hit a 3..Fields bricked shots. Game loss. I'd rather have a loss like this than last time we play'd when the likes of Arroyo and Chalmers was killing us. We shut down the others besides Z early.

I'm talking about the whole game. Lebron went a quarter without a shot attempt. The Knicks made their rally and the Heat hit their shots like it was no big deal. The Knicks aren't the only victims, the Heat have been on a tear, but it does show where the Knicks are vulnerable.

You would think Chandler would be a good matchup defensively on Lebron but seems Gallo plays him better. Just can't figure out why it takes a game and a half for D'Antoni to make adjustments. He needs to utilize his timeouts better. Coach performance was one step slow today it seems too.

I think Gallo has better lateral quickness than Chandler and he takes up more real estate. I'm not the first to point this out but D'Antoni coaches often like he is in Vegas. He counts on the Knicks to make their own runs and hopes its enough to get back in the game and puts the other stuff on the back burner at times.

Papabear Says

Stop trying to make Gallo what he is not. Gallo will be an up and down player as long as he is in this league. Chandler is a better player and they both have issues trying to get rebounds and boxing out.

Papabear
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2010  5:48 AM
Knicks showed a lot of toughness. Sloppy and nervous start to the game. They played like they wanted it too much and were pressing and rushing shots. The Thing I loved was how they fought back and don't try and tell me the Heat just relaxed cuz that's not what happened. The Knicks actually stepped up their defensive pressure and if you go back and watch the game you'll see some really great D from the Knicks. The sad thing is that the Knicks play good D!!! They just can't rebound. We have too many guys that aren't natural rebounders and in games like this is stands out. How many extra shots did the Heat get due to our lack of rebounding?

If we can somehow fix that problem I think we're a VERY competitive team. Forget for a moment that the Heat have 3 Superstars that can make ridiculous shots. This game was MUCH closer than they wanted it to be and if we had made FT's we could've pulled an upset. EVen after that horrid start. I like the core of the Knicks team and really can't wait to see what Donnie does to boost the bench. WE need some size and rebounding badly. It's all about the rebounding and whether we can get some help. Adding a Verajao or Nene would be a huge boost.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

12/29/2010  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/29/2010  9:05 AM
nixluva wrote:Knicks showed a lot of toughness. Sloppy and nervous start to the game. They played like they wanted it too much and were pressing and rushing shots. The Thing I loved was how they fought back and don't try and tell me the Heat just relaxed cuz that's not what happened. The Knicks actually stepped up their defensive pressure and if you go back and watch the game you'll see some really great D from the Knicks. The sad thing is that the Knicks play good D!!! They just can't rebound. We have too many guys that aren't natural rebounders and in games like this is stands out. How many extra shots did the Heat get due to our lack of rebounding?

If we can somehow fix that problem I think we're a VERY competitive team. Forget for a moment that the Heat have 3 Superstars that can make ridiculous shots. This game was MUCH closer than they wanted it to be and if we had made FT's we could've pulled an upset. EVen after that horrid start. I like the core of the Knicks team and really can't wait to see what Donnie does to boost the bench. WE need some size and rebounding badly. It's all about the rebounding and whether we can get some help. Adding a Verajao or Nene would be a huge boost.

Papabear Says

I agree! With all the missed shots by the Knicks there was no one under the basket. They all were about 10 or 15 feet away from the basket. And they were not even boxed out. They looked at the ball bounce and then they started running the other way. We need a 7 ft rebounder and defender shooter.

Papabear
scoshin
Member: #568
12/29/2010  10:24 AM
Papabear wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks showed a lot of toughness. Sloppy and nervous start to the game. They played like they wanted it too much and were pressing and rushing shots. The Thing I loved was how they fought back and don't try and tell me the Heat just relaxed cuz that's not what happened. The Knicks actually stepped up their defensive pressure and if you go back and watch the game you'll see some really great D from the Knicks. The sad thing is that the Knicks play good D!!! They just can't rebound. We have too many guys that aren't natural rebounders and in games like this is stands out. How many extra shots did the Heat get due to our lack of rebounding?

Papabear Says

I agree! With all the missed shots by the Knicks there was no one under the basket. They all were about 10 or 15 feet away from the basket. And they were not even boxed out. They looked at the ball bounce and then they started running the other way. We need a 7 ft rebounder and defender shooter.

That's another problem with the system if we're not working the ball inside, like the first 2 quarters in the Miami game. We launch up a 3, and we're one and done since no one is in position to grab an offensive board.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/29/2010  10:26 AM
scoshin wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

That's another problem with the system if we're not working the ball inside, like the first 2 quarters in the Miami game. We launch up a 3, and we're one and done since no one is in position to grab an offensive board.

the 3ball and the reliance on it during the first quarter was the key to the loss. Everyone was chucking and no one was making. Lazy ball and sign of inexperience and very good defense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MS
Member: #724
12/29/2010  10:31 AM
There were a few very troubling things tonight.

1. Rebounding was a disgrace - No one under the boards on a large majority of our shots, no one puts a body on anyone and the Knicks just never seem alert

2. Double Teams - Why on earth would you double team a team with 2/3 best players in the game and an All-Star big man. The baseline was ride open all night long and there were far to many easy baskets

3. Can someone drive - Are we really afraid of Anthony inside. Gallo all day everyday drive the ball

nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
12/29/2010  12:06 PM
At the beginning of the 1st and 3rd quarters we let Igauskas go off. I thought we should have put in Mozgov to at least put a solid body on him. He opened up the game for everyone else once we were forced to key in on him.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2010  3:32 PM
Gallo as he's maturing is a guy that I think we need to make SURE to get going in terms of him getting touches and being used as more than just a spread the floor guy. He could be used a bit more as a PnP man given his size and shot, when Amar'e leaves the floor. I know he's not a bigtime post threat, but when he has the ball good things seem to happen. He draws fouls with his long lanky body and I love to see him drive. All those guys who used to harp on him having stiff legs seem to have disappeared. When you watch him actually giving guys like Melo, Pierce and Bron a bit more of a fight than you'd expect it's very gratifying to see.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/29/2010  3:51 PM
nixluva wrote:Gallo as he's maturing is a guy that I think we need to make SURE to get going in terms of him getting touches and being used as more than just a spread the floor guy. He could be used a bit more as a PnP man given his size and shot, when Amar'e leaves the floor. I know he's not a bigtime post threat, but when he has the ball good things seem to happen. He draws fouls with his long lanky body and I love to see him drive. All those guys who used to harp on him having stiff legs seem to have disappeared. When you watch him actually giving guys like Melo, Pierce and Bron a bit more of a fight than you'd expect it's very gratifying to see.

He was picking Lebron up at half court last night, he was basically telling Lebron "I'm not afraid of you because you're a punk B"

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
rp
Member: #2965
USA
12/29/2010  4:09 PM
orangeblobman wrote:
nixluva wrote:Gallo as he's maturing is a guy that I think we need to make SURE to get going in terms of him getting touches and being used as more than just a spread the floor guy. He could be used a bit more as a PnP man given his size and shot, when Amar'e leaves the floor. I know he's not a bigtime post threat, but when he has the ball good things seem to happen. He draws fouls with his long lanky body and I love to see him drive. All those guys who used to harp on him having stiff legs seem to have disappeared. When you watch him actually giving guys like Melo, Pierce and Bron a bit more of a fight than you'd expect it's very gratifying to see.

He was picking Lebron up at half court last night, he was basically telling Lebron "I'm not afraid of you because you're a punk B"

Gallo did play point forward in Europe...

"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage coaches ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory" -Herbert Kaufman
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/29/2010  4:10 PM
rp wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

Gallo did play point forward in Europe...

There you go.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
[GT] Knicks coming off a high, let's turn the heat down LOW

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy