[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Golden State PG situation
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/5/2001  9:13 AM
Found this in a ESPN article about how Larry Hughes is doing at the point...also a bit about Reaf Lafrenz
From ESPN
Seems that that whole experiment in Golden State with Larry Hughes at the point guard is not going so well.

He is not distributing the ball, he turns it over too often, he looks lost and he still can't shoot.

It's no coincidence that he is one of the only first-rounders from his class not to get a contract extension.

The Warriors have been losing for so long that they can't afford to develop Hughes into their point guard. Look for a change pretty quickly if things don't turn around soon.

And speaking of contract extensions, Nuggets forward Raef LaFrentz was peeved that he didn't get one either.

"It's their problem," he said. "I'm going to be fine. It bugs me because I made every effort I could make from my side. I walked away from it saying, 'I tried.' So it is in the books."

As if the Nuggets didn't have enough problems.

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/hughes/1272534.html
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/5/2001  2:43 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Found this in a ESPN article about how Larry Hughes is doing at the point...also a bit about Reaf Lafrenz
From ESPN
Seems that that whole experiment in Golden State with Larry Hughes at the point guard is not going so well.

He is not distributing the ball, he turns it over too often, he looks lost and he still can't shoot.

It's no coincidence that he is one of the only first-rounders from his class not to get a contract extension.

The Warriors have been losing for so long that they can't afford to develop Hughes into their point guard. Look for a change pretty quickly if things don't turn around soon.

And speaking of contract extensions, Nuggets forward Raef LaFrentz was peeved that he didn't get one either.

"It's their problem," he said. "I'm going to be fine. It bugs me because I made every effort I could make from my side. I walked away from it saying, 'I tried.' So it is in the books."

As if the Nuggets didn't have enough problems.

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/hughes/1272534.html
Look for Ward/Eisley to go for Foyle/Jackson before X-mas.
The Golden State PG situation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy