[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Doc Rivers kid blowin up
Author Thread
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/21/2010  1:52 PM
Projected as a top pick in 2012 draft. Irrelevant to Knicks until he comes off his rookie contract and we're discussing how to get him on the Knicks:

http://www.slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2010/12/video-austin-rivers-goes-off-for-42-points/

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
AUTOADVERT
cheers
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3316

12/21/2010  1:57 PM
you sure thats his kid

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/21/2010  2:07 PM
cheers wrote:you sure thats his kid

http://ballerwives.com/2009/11/02/glenn-doc-rivers-wife-kris-campion/

Glenn “Doc” Rivers’ Wife Kris Campion
November 2nd, 2009 | Author: BW Staff

Meet Kris Campion Rivers, wife of NBA star player and coach Glenn “Doc” Rivers. Kris and Doc met when they were freshmen in college at Marquette University in Milwaukee back in 1979. She met Glenn one day after class. He walked past her and said, “You know, you’d be kind of pretty if you washed your hair once in a while.” Kris Campion was too astonished to be offended. “He came back and said, `Now I don’t want to give you the wrong idea. I don’t want to date you. But I have a friend I might want to fix you up with,’ ” Kris said. The friend was basketball teammate Marc Marotta. He and Kris dated for a year or so, but one summer, he went overseas, and when he came back, Kris and Glenn had fallen in love.

Kris said, “People were so startled.” “Friends asked me, `What’s it like dating a black guy?’ ” I told them, `That’s the problem. You see him as black. I see him as a man.’ “ At that time, the idea of a mixed couple at the school didn’t sit well with some people. As a result, someone slashed Kris’ tires and keyed her car because of the fact that she was white and had the audacity to date a black man. Also, someone found out where Kris and her parents lived and spray-painted their home. Kris said the crank phone calls were crude and frightening. To this day, Kris thinks these racially motivated incidents played a key role in Glen’s decision to leave college early and head to the NBA.

Kris and Glenn married in 1986. They have four children: Jeremiah, Callie, Austin and Spencer. Their oldest son Jeremiah played basketball for Georgetown University before transferring to play for Indiana University. Their daughter Callie plays volleyball for the University of Florida. They also have a younger son, Austin, who has verbally committed to the University of Florida men’s basketball team. Austin Rivers is considered a top 10 basketball prospect in the class of 2011.

Currently, Kris and Glenn live in Orlando, Florida with their four children.

Glenn Doc Rivers played 13 years in the NBA. Rivers played for the Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks, and San Antonio Spurs. Also, Glenn has coached in the NBA for the last 10 years. He coached the Orlando Magic from 1999–2003. Currently, he is the coach of the Boston Celtics (2004–present).

cheers

12/21/2010  2:11 PM
nah i was thinking skill wise.. maybe i missed doc in his prime but i never seen doc play as good as i just saw his son play.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/21/2010  2:15 PM
cheers wrote:nah i was thinking skill wise.. maybe i missed doc in his prime but i never seen doc play as good as i just saw his son play.

You remember him as the old knick PG that managed the game. You need to look at his old game clips when he was with the Atlanta Hawks with Dominique, Cliff Livingston, Carr and those guys. They were high flyers that gave Boston fits.

cheers

12/21/2010  2:25 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
cheers wrote:nah i was thinking skill wise.. maybe i missed doc in his prime but i never seen doc play as good as i just saw his son play.

You remember him as the old knick PG that managed the game. You need to look at his old game clips when he was with the Atlanta Hawks with Dominique, Cliff Livingston, Carr and those guys. They were high flyers that gave Boston fits.

doc has looked the same to me since day i saw him in a knicks uni, this dude never ages. i really only watch knicks game. i remember doc more with his career after playing. i wanted him as a msg commentator, then a knicks coach.. but lucky for him he ended up head coach of boston.

OT: Doc Rivers kid blowin up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy