[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

not good
Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
1/26/2004  6:01 AM
Maybe it was just a Van Gundy thing. After the Rockets and Jeff Van Gundy mastered the Knicks in a pair of recent games, his brother, Stan, used a similar defense last night. It worked: The Knicks hit 41.3 percent of their shots.

"We did play with similar principles that (Jeff) does when in here," Stan Van Gundy said. This includes double-teaming Marbury "as much as we possibly could. I'd be happy if he never touched (the ball)."

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1075012474180670.xml

Smart coaches watch tape. Word of this goes round expect Marbury/the Knicks to have more of the same.
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/26/2004  6:51 AM
OK then our HOF coach needs to make adjustments, no problem right?
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/26/2004  3:44 PM
actually it should'nt be a problem. if you noticed, they doubled with a big man. that big man always came slow. once you see that big man coming, take it to the hole! few in those games were quicker than steph. blow by your man and the big man coming to help, and you either got a layup or someone's open. maybe it's me but it seems that steph is'nt looking enough to shoot, and is passing a little too much. your right MAC smart coaches watch tape, but so do smart players. let's hope he figures it out. yes our assists are up, but we need his offense too, we need guys to get to the line.
knixnprix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #548
USA
1/26/2004  3:48 PM
Posted by daddynel:

actually it should'nt be a problem. if you noticed, they doubled with a big man. that big man always came slow. once you see that big man coming, take it to the hole! few in those games were quicker than steph. blow by your man and the big man coming to help, and you either got a layup or someone's open. maybe it's me but it seems that steph is'nt looking enough to shoot, and is passing a little too much. your right MAC smart coaches watch tape, but so do smart players. let's hope he figures it out. yes our assists are up, but we need his offense too, we need guys to get to the line.
good stuff dawg, totally agree. marbury will be awight in the up-coming games.
FRANK WILLIAMS should be an allstar. The BEST knick this season!
not good

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy