Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
posterchild
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #547
USA
1/25/2004  3:07 PM
marbury is the type of player that i would never want on my team. he thinks he can score whenever he pleases but did he do it last night? no. he thinks a jump shot is better than a lay-up or him driving it to the basket and get fouled. (now that i know he can do) he might get blocked sometimes but more often then not, he gets fouled.
people think he's an allen iverson when in essence he's not even close. his lack of knowledge for the game really disgusts me because he is very talented. he has a lot to learn and new york is really not that patient. he plays like a fool that passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should maybe look for an open teammate. he never stepped up his game and took it upon himself to give the knicks atleast a chance to win. the knicks basically stumbled because of him last night with two key pocessions given away by him. he's basically a player that makes too much money at a young age and forgets to play hard on a consistent basis. he looks like a clueless lazy bumb out there on the court sometimes. throwing away passes, shooting mediocre, dribbling, dribbling, dribbling, while the other team has sorrouded him with two defender. he's a small dude, what do you expect? he's going get lucky with those passes all the time out of a double team with two big men draping all over him.
he needs to become more of a student than think of himself as a big-time player, he has a long way to go in that respect. getting lucky with a bank doesn't mean you come out flat the next night. thought it happens sometimes. lol
Frank Williams is the best knicks player this year. mad Respect
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/25/2004  4:51 PM
man... thanks for the great discussion. I really learned something.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  4:57 PM
Posted by fishmike:

man... thanks for the great discussion. I really learned something.
you're joking right? lol ha ha ha
sarcasm is the key to thinking that you made other people look foolish, imo. lol

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 17:11:03]
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/25/2004  5:04 PM
Frank Williams is my favorite player on the team. But that doesn't make Marbury a joke.

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 01/25/2004 17:06:51]
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  5:09 PM
Posted by NYKDUNK:

Frank Williams is my favorite player on the team. But that doesn't make Marbury a joke. Just an obstacle.
well said dude. i hea ya totally.
i'll take frank over marbury any day. imo frank is a smarter player than marbury, i give a slight edge to marbury talent wise but i think frank has a long way to go just like marbury, who knows, frank could even surpass him in that respect.
why you change up on me dawg?

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 17:11:53]
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/25/2004  5:18 PM
Marbury is not a joke. He's one of the best pgs in the game today. Check out this feat!! Marbury and BIG "O", Oscar Robertson are the only Pg to avg 20pts and over 8 assists in their career. C'mon Bro, Marbury a joke????

The good thing about him is he's only 26 yrs of age and has plenty room for improvement especially having mentors at his side such as( ZEKE and Wilkins). 3 yrs from now, you're gonna tell us Marbury is the best PG in the NBA. YOU WATCH!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  5:28 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

Marbury is not a joke. He's one of the best pgs in the game today. Check out this feat!! Marbury and BIG "O", Oscar Robertson are the only Pg to avg 20pts and over 8 assists in their career. C'mon Bro, Marbury a joke????

The good thing about him is he's only 26 yrs of age and has plenty room for improvement especially having mentors at his side such as( ZEKE and Wilkins). 3 yrs from now, you're gonna tell us Marbury is the best PG in the NBA. YOU WATCH!!!
stats? stats? i hate stats! i look for a players game! rather than stats. i like ak 47's game, frank's game, dunkman's game, kg's game, even shaq's game, there are more but you get the idea. winning is allmighty and players must commit to it every time they step on the hard-wood. i question marbury's attitude towards that because he is so young and has yet to prove it! whether he does it here or not, remains to be seen, and i'm a very unpatient fan that takes his team loosing a winnable game very seriously.

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 17:30:39]
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/25/2004  5:42 PM
Marbury tried in the 4th to get his offense going. His shots just weren't dropping. I will just take this as your angry at the loss. And I do agree that Marbury thought he could score any time he wants so he didn't go for his until the 3rd or 4th. Id prefer for him to look for his a little earlier in the game. But Houston's Knee and the fact that KVH & Marbury hisself wasn't in any offensive rhythem and the fact that nobody could stop Eddie Jones is the reason they lost that game. Marbury & KVH were just off that happends sometimes.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  5:50 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Marbury tried in the 4th to get his offense going. His shots just weren't dropping. I will just take this as your angry at the loss. And I do agree that Marbury thought he could score any time he wants so he didn't go for his until the 3rd or 4th. Id prefer for him to look for his a little earlier in the game. But Houston's Knee and the fact that KVH & Marbury hisself wasn't in any offensive rhythem and the fact that nobody could stop Eddie Jones is the reason they lost that game. Marbury & KVH were just off that happends sometimes.
no, not really. the key for the knicks loss was because wilkens didn't put frank at the point. frank looked lost and eddie just came off of screen after screen to get his shots off.(saying that frank is a good deffender) marbury looked lost at the point so a quick decision should have been made by lenny. somebody else should have rotated and contested some of those shots. eddie did look focused and unstoppable though.
btw, anger at the lose is one thing, i just don't like him as a player yet because he has a lot to learn, he needs to prove me wrong and win with the knicks.

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 17:55:19]
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/25/2004  6:00 PM
Posted by posterchild:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

stats? stats? i hate stats! i look for a players game! rather than stats. i like ak 47's game, frank's game, dunkman's game, kg's game, even shaq's game, there are more but you get the idea. winning is allmighty and players must commit to it every time they step on the hard-wood. i question marbury's attitude towards that because he is so young and has yet to prove it! whether he does it here or not, remains to be seen, and i'm a very unpatient fan that takes his team loosing a winnable game very seriously.

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 17:30:39]

Bro, Marbury will be find.. Like i said, he's only 26 and has alot of room for improvement. The intangibles I believe he will eventually possess is Leadership,Commitment,Maturity and what it would take to be a winner.

Zeke is searching to find that right combination of players that would compliment Marbury's game. From NJ to Phoenix, Marbury gradually started to understand the game. As of now, he's gain some knowledge on where he needs to be in his career. He'll be find..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  6:23 PM
Bro, Marbury will be find.. Like i said, he's only 26 and has alot of room for improvement. The intangibles I believe he will eventually possess is Leadership,Commitment,Maturity and what it would take to be a winner.

Zeke is searching to find that right combination of players that would compliment Marbury's game. From NJ to Phoenix, Marbury gradually started to understand the game. As of now, he's gain some knowledge on where he needs to be in his career. He'll be find..

dude, i agree with you man. well said. really lol
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/25/2004  6:47 PM
You honestly think marbury is a joke...thats just sad.

Since he's been in ny, hes been averaging 16.5 ppg and 10.5 apg. Not to mention he should have atleast 4-5 more assists if players were draining all of their open shots. Do you honestly think ward/eisley/mcdyess would have made any of those numbers combined...ward may have had bout 10 pts. 5 assists but hes the only 1 that deserves recignition.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/25/2004  7:01 PM
Dudley was a joke. Rambis was a joke. You're definition of the word joke is vague. It's obvious that you resent him and feel he should be more of a student, but by saying he's a joke, you're putting a target sign on yourself.
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  7:12 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

Since he's been in ny, hes been averaging 16.5 ppg and 10.5 apg. Not to mention he should have atleast 4-5 more assists if players were draining all of their open shots. Do you honestly think ward/eisley/mcdyess would have made any of those numbers combined...ward may have had bout 10 pts. 5 assists but hes the only 1 that deserves recignition.
dude dude dude, i hate stats alright. numbers numbers numbers, is that all you people care about? oh, i like him because he scores a lot, or, oh, i like him because he dunks a lot.
if you have a good basketball iq as a fan, you would know what this game is about and what a team needs to win. i hope you don't put marbury and his stats over your love for the knicks. i don't see from marbury, what i saw in frank and saw it again last night. knowing how to play the game with in a team concept is key, i don't think marbury knows the knicks yet, he's very talented but he has yet to learn how to make his teammates better. and don't tell he passes to doleac or kurt or othella or penny or whoever you are going to say. the knicks haven't been impressing me of late, they have a long way to go in terms of team chemistry, imo marbury has been here long enough to learn everybody playing around him. he has yet to show that he makes the team better because frank was doing the same thing, might i say, even better. you guys look at the stats and the glamour plays and say that he had a great night, but some of you discard how other people played, because of his play, even if it didn't amount to a win. oh, marbury had a great night but the rest of the team forgot to step up, or, he led the knicks to a win aginst the hapless hawks when you as a smart fan should know that it very well could have been one of his teammates who scores the winning basket. it wasn't one of his teammates because they were not in the flow, or they were just admiring his play, or they were just thinking that we aren't a significant part of team now that stephon is here to take most of the shots. whatever it is, i haven't been impressed with the way he runs the knicks important pg position, purely evident last night, the toronto game, the houston game, the bucks game, the hawks game, didn't bring across, the point that steph is here and he's making the knicks a great team, to me. maybe its just me or my way of thinking but, hopefully last night showed you guys what my problem problem with marbury is. one game one night, i know that's your thinking but, i really hope that he comes out against san antonio and proves something to me, and the follow-up games are just as important.
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  7:19 PM
Posted by Mac:

Dudley was a joke. Rambis was a joke. You're definition of the word joke is vague. It's obvious that you resent him and feel he should be more of a student, but by saying he's a joke, you're putting a target sign on yourself.
no dude, dudley wasn't a joke, rambis wasn't a joke, as a matter fact, they were winners. they did what was necessary for the respective team to win, sure the had weak points but who doesn't. the knicks did win their share of games with dudely as a teammate, i think rambis also won a title and worked very hard for his teammates. that's why he's still in the lakers organization coaching right now.
btw, i could careless if i become a target or whatever you say, this is a forum and i'm just trying to communicate my oppinions and feelings, whether you as a reader want to argue the point of the reading with me, i'm happy with that, and i am cool with deffending my oppinions.
and don't take that joke word too seriously, it's not exactly a big point in my arguement, i say that i hope marbury brings a lot of wins to the knicks, i say that i hope he makes everybody better so, joke could have easily been "marbury has a lot to learn"

[Edited by - posterchild on 01/25/2004 19:23:45]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/25/2004  7:21 PM
This is a serious waste of webspace. All these different screen names still sound exactly like one person.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  7:30 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

This is a serious waste of webspace. All these different screen names still sound exactly like one person.
what is your point? you should try giving you opinion on the topic rather than make remarks that have nothing to do with it. ok?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/25/2004  7:32 PM
Posted by posterchild:
Posted by MaTT4281:

dude dude dude, i hate stats alright. numbers numbers numbers, is that all you people care about? oh, i like him because he scores a lot, or, oh, i like him because he dunks a lot.
if you have a good basketball iq as a fan, you would know what this game is about and what a team needs to win. i hope you don't put marbury and his stats over your love for the knicks. i don't see from marbury, what i saw in frank and saw it again last night. knowing how to play the game with in a team concept is key, i don't think marbury knows the knicks yet, he's very talented but he has yet to learn how to make his teammates better. and don't tell he passes to doleac or kurt or othella or penny or whoever you are going to say. the knicks haven't been impressing me of late, they have a long way to go in terms of team chemistry, imo marbury has been here long enough to learn everybody playing around him. he has yet to show that he makes the team better because frank was doing the same thing, might i say, even better. you guys look at the stats and the glamour plays and say that he had a great night, but some of you discard how other people played, because of his play, even if it didn't amount to a win. oh, marbury had a great night but the rest of the team forgot to step up, or, he led the knicks to a win aginst the hapless hawks when you as a smart fan should know that it very well could have been one of his teammates who scores the winning basket. it wasn't one of his teammates because they were not in the flow, or they were just admiring his play, or they were just thinking that we aren't a significant part of team now that stephon is here to take most of the shots. whatever it is, i haven't been impressed with the way he runs the knicks important pg position, purely evident last night, the toronto game, the houston game, the bucks game, the hawks game, didn't bring across, the point that steph is here and he's making the knicks a great team, to me. maybe its just me or my way of thinking but, hopefully last night showed you guys what my problem problem with marbury is. one game one night, i know that's your thinking but, i really hope that he comes out against san antonio and proves something to me, and the follow-up games are just as important.

You have some good ideas, but you're underestimating the value of a dominant scorer. Whenever Marbury has the ball, the opposing team have to consider him an immediate scoring option, which leads to other player's taking better shots. He does make others better, just in a different way.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/25/2004  7:59 PM
you guys really are crazy.. sometimes i dont understand the Sh8t people say on this board... how old are you Poster?
posterchild
USA
1/25/2004  8:11 PM
Posted by Elite:

you guys really are crazy.. sometimes i dont understand the Sh8t people say on this board... how old are you Poster?
do you have a problem with what i wrote? you can't read well? these threads are not for posting nonesense, and they are definately not to disrespect other people. if you don't have an opinion, or an arguement, why are you even posting in this thread? you want to know my age? what kind of a fool are you?
Page 1 of 2  1  2 Next
Topic LOCKED
marbury is a joke!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy