[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

loss to the heat without houston
Author Thread
MaseInYourFace
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #546
Canada
1/25/2004  4:50 AM
our front court looked very weak vs a very weak miami front court. k thomas needs to go. but i think we wouldve had this game for sure if we had a healthy houston.
Yes! - Marv Albert
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/25/2004  8:34 AM
KT and Mutombo need to go - but who can we get thats decent to replace them? What will we have to give up? This is part of the reason people didnt like the Marbury trade - he gave up everything the Knicks had to get him now all thats left is H20 - nobody wants his salary, KVH - nobody wants him, FWill - basically a rookie, KT - nobody wants him.

Dont get me wrong - I like having Marbury here, but I agree the Knicks need a big man and have ever since Ewing left.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/25/2004  8:47 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

KT and Mutombo need to go - but who can we get thats decent to replace them? What will we have to give up? This is part of the reason people didnt like the Marbury trade - he gave up everything the Knicks had to get him now all thats left is H20 - nobody wants his salary, KVH - nobody wants him, FWill - basically a rookie, KT - nobody wants him.

Dont get me wrong - I like having Marbury here, but I agree the Knicks need a big man and have ever since Ewing left.

So you think if we didn't unload our tradeable assets in the Marbury deal, we would've been able to unload them for 2 bonifide frontcourt players????
The Future. GO KNICKS!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2004  11:45 PM
if it wasn't for those assets we wouldn't have Marbury. What u think Phoenix would've settled for just McDyess and Eisely?
spreeeewell
Member: #436
1/26/2004  8:42 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

We did not give up everything.we gave up antonio who is done,howard eisly who's been done,lampe who's not ready to play,vranes forget about it,milos that beeatch did not want to play for us,2 draft picks, that if we make the playoffs wont matter and charlie ward.Whom we dont need because of frank will and the mooch.
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2004  9:45 AM
Posted by spreeeewell:
Posted by OasisBU:

We did not give up everything.we gave up antonio who is done,howard eisly who's been done,lampe who's not ready to play,vranes forget about it,milos that beeatch did not want to play for us,2 draft picks, that if we make the playoffs wont matter and charlie ward.Whom we dont need because of frank will and the mooch.

agreed. I think that Lampe and Milos have the allure of big time potential and so made them good barganing chips.

I would also add the Deke and Thomas together make a big bargaining chip for a West coast team that is going to make a playoff run and needs to bulk up their frontcourt (not that you would expect to get a big man post player in return though). Both players have lots of playoff experience and know their roles. Dallas is the only team - well ok, maybe Portland - who I think would want those 2 players, but I can't see the Mavs giving anything up that the Knicks need.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
1/26/2004  6:01 PM
on the original point -- the heat were missing wade who has been balling hard, they can be on the up and up with a good coach and a center.

oh and yea we didnt give up everything for marbury -- mcdyess is now like a 8 year old girl out there and marbury is a stud.
Yes! - Marv Albert
loss to the heat without houston

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy