[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What should be NYK fans(REAL) expectations
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
2/4/2004  11:36 AM
The culture on the Knicks is slowly changing. They're turning into winners. Look at the subtle production changes during crunch time... we're beginning to execute more consistently.

Teams facing the Knicks are going to learn that they'll get spanked if they don't bring their A games, and even if they do, they'll be in for a battle.

With all due respect (I've always wanted to say that), It's rare that you see teams bring "it" night in and night out-- be it the Knicks or any other team. During Chaney's coaching career (and the later parts of JVG's career), it was very rare that the Knicks played hard for 48, let alone 35 minutes a game.

You'd expect the games to be close, but the attitude would be that we'd blow it in the final minutes.

The Pacers are a good team, the class of the east-- they even have a decent record against the west. However, they'll know that they'll need to do a little more than show up to get a win against the Knicks.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/4/2004  11:46 AM
Yeah Jermaine's post game comments pissed me off. He basically said his team better remember what happened this game and win when they play eachopther again. He said we were celebrating as if we had won the championship.

You got that right J'neal!! What's wrong with showing a little pride. He should understand that we've been waiting for a big win like this for 3 years! By beating Indiana the Knicks now will believe in themselves and know they can take on any good playoff teams.

GO NY GO NY GO!!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/4/2004  11:59 AM
Posted by gogetit:

Tech, first the excuse was we haven't jelled yet, next is gonna be our top scorer isn't playing. You guys saw a real good game by the knicks and Pacers didn't play there best ball and you know it. Sometimes back to back will just zap your strength. Especially seeing Miller take those off balance 3's. Never seen that before from him in the garden ask Spike Lee about that one. Neverthe less knicks get much earned victory.

pes·si·mism (pes'e-mizim)
n.

1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view

2. See gogetitplaya
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/4/2004  12:16 PM
Martin you know what I believe so let it go man
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
2/4/2004  12:41 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by gogetit:

Tech, first the excuse was we haven't jelled yet, next is gonna be our top scorer isn't playing. You guys saw a real good game by the knicks and Pacers didn't play there best ball and you know it. Sometimes back to back will just zap your strength. Especially seeing Miller take those off balance 3's. Never seen that before from him in the garden ask Spike Lee about that one. Neverthe less knicks get much earned victory.

pes·si·mism (pes'e-mizim)
n.

1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view

2. See gogetitplaya

LOL Martin!!! Break down the definition for 'em!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 02/04/2004 12:41:51]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/4/2004  3:08 PM
In October I made a post( MSG BOARDS) reguarding the first 20 games of the season would be a nightmare. I got over 40 reponses claming most of the teams ( bucks, utah, seattle, GSW,denver, indi, detroit,)had loss key contributors, and have become weaker.
I totally disagreed with every one,( even if I expected dice to come back relatively resembiling his old self) and we had -if not the same- a worst start then last season when spree miss the first 8 games.

But i look at the febuary schedule, and feel more confident then i did in october, simply because the attitude and philosophy has change drastically. We won 3 games with out Allan, Kvh, penny, and steph back in NOV. so it wasn't about the talant, but more so the attitude. Shannon, frank, and doleac posted some nice #s, and were full of confidence.

The difference is, Chaney and layden wanted to compete. lenny, steph and IT want to win. Theres a huge difference.

Which is one of the main reasons Spree, cassel, and KG are having much better years then there previous 2. those 3 play with more passion and disire then 3 qtrs of the NBA.
ES
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/4/2004  4:20 PM
Playa what do you want? For us to proclaim you the prophet of doom and erect you a temple?
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
playa2

2/4/2004  10:18 PM
No simmy, I'm a knick fan 1st and foremost, but I am not sold on this current makeup. Until we get some guy to play the low post and cause problems for oppossing teams to get ready for playoff atmosphere I'm not buying it. Instant gratification was what I was into when I was young, now I want something permanent for the knicks.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
playa2

3/1/2004  10:04 AM
Posted by playa2:

This is the stretch where all what I have been saying is gonna happen, the honeymoon is offically over and these games in the month of FEB will show how this team is playing with mirrors after the marbury trade. Lenny will show he doesn't know whats going on. Marbury will go solo just like he did on previous teams. You heard it first here!

Well well well , I think we have been bamboozled, only thing important now is making playoffs so phoenix pick isn't so high in 1st rd
What should be NYK fans(REAL) expectations

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy