[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Beat Dem Bastuhn Bastuds V2.1/Ooops, i'm a rookie :)
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2010  9:29 AM
Gallo was great last night! He had a strange start to the game, but once he got going he showed some real balls and an ability to raise his level of play to an elite level. He's got so much talent, but it's something going on in his head. I'll tell you what tho, Gallo shows up in the big moment! He's done it against the best players and in big games. Anyone can have a bad start, but when you put on a big show like he did in the 2nd half against a top team, you pass the mustard.
AUTOADVERT
jimimou
Alba Posts: 36
Lame Alba Posts: 1
Member: #681
USA
12/16/2010  9:32 AM
i dont see a scenario where the knicks become elite w no upgrade for a 2nd banana to stat. i think you need to sacrifice the **** (lol - what you said last night!) or will to get better. as for td - hes a non factor. he goes in a minute for a true backup to felton. i dont see him having the goods to get the job done running the second unit (or first in spot minutes) for a contender....and that's what the knicks want to be... a contender. mosgov isnt even on my radar. he's a non factor and cheerleader right now. can he develop? sure, but frankly he is nowhere in the conversation just yet. but, with his pricetag, you can keep him around w little to no risk.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/16/2010  9:32 AM
nixluva wrote:Gallo was great last night! He had a strange start to the game, but once he got going he showed some real balls and an ability to raise his level of play to an elite level. He's got so much talent, but it's something going on in his head. I'll tell you what tho, Gallo shows up in the big moment! He's done it against the best players and in big games. Anyone can have a bad start, but when you put on a big show like he did in the 2nd half against a top team, you pass the mustard.

Real talk. True story. That's the best word for it, balls. He showed some serious balls, real balls. Gallo is all balls, man, that's what makes him a winner. The way he plays hoops is the way I live my life, balls in. They call me D Balls on the bricks.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
jimimou
USA
12/16/2010  9:35 AM
nixluva wrote:Gallo was great last night! He had a strange start to the game, but once he got going he showed some real balls and an ability to raise his level of play to an elite level. He's got so much talent, but it's something going on in his head. I'll tell you what tho, Gallo shows up in the big moment! He's done it against the best players and in big games. Anyone can have a bad start, but when you put on a big show like he did in the 2nd half against a top team, you pass the mustard.

he wasnt great last night. he had about 6 great minutes. the rest of the night he was sleeping. ill grant you he shows flashes - but in order for him to really help this team get to the next level, he needs to be consistently good. dont take my word for it though, b/c mda was all over his s.h.i.t. last night as well. and i would venture to think he knows just a tad more about what gallo needs than you or i.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/16/2010  9:56 AM
jimimou wrote:i dont see a scenario where the knicks become elite w no upgrade for a 2nd banana to stat. i think you need to sacrifice the **** (lol - what you said last night!) or will to get better. as for td - hes a non factor. he goes in a minute for a true backup to felton. i dont see him having the goods to get the job done running the second unit (or first in spot minutes) for a contender....and that's what the knicks want to be... a contender. mosgov isnt even on my radar. he's a non factor and cheerleader right now. can he develop? sure, but frankly he is nowhere in the conversation just yet. but, with his pricetag, you can keep him around w little to no risk.

Are the Knicks really missing a 2nd banana? The Knicks have Felton, Chandler AND Gallo scoring near 20 pts all at the same time around Amare. IT doesn't seem like they are at a loss for scorers. The Knicks lost last night because they couldn't keep the Celtics out of the paint and couldn't stop them from getting easy putbacks inside. I wish they had Turiaf in there down the stretch last night. I think they need another interior defensive presence to get closer to the Boston, Orlando, Miami tier right now.

jimimou
USA
12/16/2010  10:05 AM
VDesai wrote:
jimimou wrote:i dont see a scenario where the knicks become elite w no upgrade for a 2nd banana to stat. i think you need to sacrifice the **** (lol - what you said last night!) or will to get better. as for td - hes a non factor. he goes in a minute for a true backup to felton. i dont see him having the goods to get the job done running the second unit (or first in spot minutes) for a contender....and that's what the knicks want to be... a contender. mosgov isnt even on my radar. he's a non factor and cheerleader right now. can he develop? sure, but frankly he is nowhere in the conversation just yet. but, with his pricetag, you can keep him around w little to no risk.

Are the Knicks really missing a 2nd banana? The Knicks have Felton, Chandler AND Gallo scoring near 20 pts all at the same time around Amare. IT doesn't seem like they are at a loss for scorers. The Knicks lost last night because they couldn't keep the Celtics out of the paint and couldn't stop them from getting easy putbacks inside. I wish they had Turiaf in there down the stretch last night. I think they need another interior defensive presence to get closer to the Boston, Orlando, Miami tier right now.

we'll see how they hold up over the next 20 games. imho, chandler or gallo are not guys you can look at to close out a game for you. dont know if they ever will be.

VDesai
USA
12/16/2010  10:12 AM
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:

we'll see how they hold up over the next 20 games. imho, chandler or gallo are not guys you can look at to close out a game for you. dont know if they ever will be.

Its a bit of a leap, but I see some killer instinct in Gallo. Clearly he's not consistent, but the way he put the ball on the floor and finished last night was really impressive. He also has the ability to hit that off balance shot. I'd like to see the Knicks isolate him at times and let him go one on one instead of just giving him spot up shots. I think he's shown us in spurts that he has a much more varied offensive game than just spotting up.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2010  10:58 AM
nyk4ever wrote:i understand toney douglas has been hurt, but he's playing himself out of the rotation. i think it might be time to give someone else a chance to see what they can do because right now the bench is horrid. i can't help but think randolph's energy and defensive ability wouldve been able to help somewhere last night. who knows with this kid though, if he's not giving the effort in practice (like some reports have stated) then he shouldn't be playing and that's a shame.

Dude has a bad back AND a bad right shoulder. Those 2 things are effecting games. My guess, big jump here, is that he is gutting it out.

I have heard nada complaints from MDA about Toney, so that's what leads me to believe that they know TD is struggling but giving it his all.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jimimou
USA
12/16/2010  10:58 AM
VDesai wrote:
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:

Its a bit of a leap, but I see some killer instinct in Gallo. Clearly he's not consistent, but the way he put the ball on the floor and finished last night was really impressive. He also has the ability to hit that off balance shot. I'd like to see the Knicks isolate him at times and let him go one on one instead of just giving him spot up shots. I think he's shown us in spurts that he has a much more varied offensive game than just spotting up.

agred. its the spurts that have me concerned though. id like to see it more consistently. i know he is young, i know he is still developing, so it may well happen down the road.

for me, knowing how close this team is right now, i just dont know that I want to wait for it to 'maybe' happen. i cant forsee the future, so im not willing to take that gamble w him.

VDesai
USA
12/16/2010  11:05 AM
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:

agred. its the spurts that have me concerned though. id like to see it more consistently. i know he is young, i know he is still developing, so it may well happen down the road.

for me, knowing how close this team is right now, i just dont know that I want to wait for it to 'maybe' happen. i cant forsee the future, so im not willing to take that gamble w him.

But we need to think long term viable. Because of the salary cap in the NBA you can't just play for 1 and think you can rebuild right away. If you screw up you may endure 10 years of hell again. I think we have a young talented roster that can develop into a serious title contender with 1-2 more viable pieces, which we currently have the flexibility to acquire. You have to be comfortable that Amare+Melo+Felton and maxing out your cap or you have to see whether Amare+Felton+Gallo+Chandler and the flexibility to add a couple of complementary type pieces would give you more viability to contend. To me, the remaining upside with Gallo and Chandler and the need for more of a defensive presence have me leaning towards the later. I think the Melo option is viable too. Its a tough call to make.

jimimou
USA
12/16/2010  11:25 AM
VDesai wrote:
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:
jimimou wrote:
VDesai wrote:

But we need to think long term viable. Because of the salary cap in the NBA you can't just play for 1 and think you can rebuild right away. If you screw up you may endure 10 years of hell again. I think we have a young talented roster that can develop into a serious title contender with 1-2 more viable pieces, which we currently have the flexibility to acquire. You have to be comfortable that Amare+Melo+Felton and maxing out your cap or you have to see whether Amare+Felton+Gallo+Chandler and the flexibility to add a couple of complementary type pieces would give you more viability to contend. To me, the remaining upside with Gallo and Chandler and the need for more of a defensive presence have me leaning towards the later. I think the Melo option is viable too. Its a tough call to make.

yup, it is a tough call. no wrong answer there. btw - can you do me a favor? walk over and punk fish in the back of the neck for me? cool thanks!

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/16/2010  11:27 AM
jimimou wrote:even though the team lost, it feels DAMN good to be a knicks fan today.

amare should be renamed - ALL IN. this guy does everything for this team. when he is on the floor, the team displays confidence like no other. i musta said 'beast' about 40 times last night during the game watching him.

as for the rest of the team, when amare is out, the cohesion is lacking. there's no go to guy after him. there were plays where felton was dribbling looking around for someone to make a move and it just wasnt happening, forcing him to take a few pretty bad shots. not his fault per se, but you can see the need for one more go to guy. felton shouldnt be that guy. he should be the orchestrator, not the savior.

will chandler is a guy to keep. the guy quietly gets the job done.

i think gallo is replacable, he just doesnt have it imho. i think i saw mda telling him to 'wake up' at one point. gallo only came alive for a brief stretch last night....too little too late. told marv last night if it were up to me, u give him up to get melo in a heartbeat.

all in all, tuff loss, but we need to remember to bring the same intensity on friday. the heat are gonna be amped up for this game and we need to do more than just match that intensity.

you are joking right?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/16/2010  11:41 AM
sidsanders wrote:who's job is it to knock PP out for the "victory dance" crap next bos game?

Lil Nate did his best to help take out PP, but he bounced off and nearly broke his arms falling to the hardwood. Always knew he was our boy. Go N8!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/16/2010  11:50 AM
Moonangie wrote:
sidsanders wrote:who's job is it to knock PP out for the "victory dance" crap next bos game?

Lil Nate did his best to help take out PP, but he bounced off and nearly broke his arms falling to the hardwood. Always knew he was our boy. Go N8!

It may sound bad, but I would have zero remorse if Nate hurt himself on that whatever play/celebration thing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jimimou
USA
12/16/2010  12:03 PM
tkf wrote:
jimimou wrote:even though the team lost, it feels DAMN good to be a knicks fan today.

amare should be renamed - ALL IN. this guy does everything for this team. when he is on the floor, the team displays confidence like no other. i musta said 'beast' about 40 times last night during the game watching him.

as for the rest of the team, when amare is out, the cohesion is lacking. there's no go to guy after him. there were plays where felton was dribbling looking around for someone to make a move and it just wasnt happening, forcing him to take a few pretty bad shots. not his fault per se, but you can see the need for one more go to guy. felton shouldnt be that guy. he should be the orchestrator, not the savior.

will chandler is a guy to keep. the guy quietly gets the job done.

i think gallo is replacable, he just doesnt have it imho. i think i saw mda telling him to 'wake up' at one point. gallo only came alive for a brief stretch last night....too little too late. told marv last night if it were up to me, u give him up to get melo in a heartbeat.

all in all, tuff loss, but we need to remember to bring the same intensity on friday. the heat are gonna be amped up for this game and we need to do more than just match that intensity.

you are joking right?

nope

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/16/2010  12:05 PM
martin wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

It may sound bad, but I would have zero remorse if Nate hurt himself on that whatever play/celebration thing.

I got no H8 for Lil N8, but I was clearly being flippant about his helping us. I would never want that dang foo back on this team.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/16/2010  12:07 PM
I thought the Celts were a bit too disrespectful at the end of the game. How do you do that victory lap thing when you just barely escaped with your lives? We're not even supposed to be competitive on this level and it took everything they had to beat us. They have better players, more depth and experience. If we got anything from our bench we win that game with some room to spare. We only lost our leads when the bench got in there and gave away the lead.
rp
Member: #2965
USA
12/16/2010  12:21 PM
nixluva wrote:I thought the Celts were a bit too disrespectful at the end of the game. How do you do that victory lap thing when you just barely escaped with your lives? We're not even supposed to be competitive on this level and it took everything they had to beat us. They have better players, more depth and experience. If we got anything from our bench we win that game with some room to spare. We only lost our leads when the bench got in there and gave away the lead.

When they interviewed PP after the game in the court, he said the "Knicks are back". I have no issues with him running around but it just showed me that this game meant a lot regardless of what he said that we are not rivals.

"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage coaches ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory" -Herbert Kaufman
Game Thread: Beat Dem Bastuhn Bastuds V2.1/Ooops, i'm a rookie :)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy