[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby's Infamous Dunk On The HAWKS in '99!!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2004  12:46 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/playoffs/eastern/news/1999/05/20/knicks_hawks/knick.html

If only we could get him. He's putting up some awesome numbers. He would fit perfectly as our starter and then when we play the ?Lakers we bring in Mutombo to guard Shaq.

I know there's no way we're getting him and I'd still prefer a low post player but if we don't get that player Camby would be sooo nice.
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/24/2004  6:50 PM
which lineup would u prefer...

marbury
houston
van horn
thomas
mutumbo

or

ward/eisley/jackson(?)
houston
van horn
camby
nene

..basically if the mcdyess for camby deal never went down..
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
1/24/2004  10:09 PM
Yeah watch!!! Zeke somehow gets COTTON CAMBY and NY is excited with his first game as a Knick. All of a sudden, "Camby with the slam and goes down" oh oh, he's not even getting up.

"Fans, CAmby is being carried out with a stretcher". 2 days later, we hear COTTON CAMBY is out with a serious injury and won't return for 10 yrs..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
RonRon
Member: #246
1/24/2004  11:21 PM
i know camby was never too durable and may even be liabilities at times becomes of his offensive threat(range) and even his weight plus size gave up a lot to the duncan like players that dominated him.

however, lets take a look at his positives and see what we really miss...
A defensive stopper that ensured his teammates that he will help when needed...mutumbo gives us that, but in a slightly different way because of his slow feet, he can only guard inside the paint while camby can come in and out..not only does this help his teammates but helps the crowd get into it, making MSG at its best

a player with some speed, especially for the position he plays...
camby was never an offensive threat but he sometimes knew when to make those sharp cuts for an easy dunk or layup, the footwork of our entire team is really slow

a player that can run a fast break, especially someone starbary can alley it to....if u guys ever watch denver play, you would see how effective they are at the transition and fast breaks...camby can easily be effective on the break, either positioning himself for a rebound or be an option at times...

with all that said, i really would like to see camby come back... partly because of all that hype about obtaining deke from the hawks earlier....2 quite good defensive players/rebounders that play entirely different, imagine dikembe covering help from the paint while camby roams around and helps?

in the end, i believe the knicks will need that type of player and i say and upgrade at the SF or PF, then we play a good mainly 7 - 8 man rotation just like the JFG days. players I believe that fit in this catagory are Stromile Swift, Samuel Dalembert, Camby however the only one that i see we have a shot at is by the name of Keon Clark, which is coming back from surgery...another big risk, but when healthy, this guy was a monster in toronto...maybe with the fall of his stock + the change in the new york scenerio may shake things up for him either this summer or a trade with Utah...and no, they wont take shandon anderson haha
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/25/2004  12:30 AM
Fresh from the stat line.

Camby had a season-high 22 points along with 18 rebounds and six blocked shots in 38 mins again the Suns.
Camby's Infamous Dunk On The HAWKS in '99!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy