[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where's the D?
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/4/2001  6:21 PM
After the new rule changes were announced allowing more flexability on defense, JVG was quoted as saying he would be dissapointed if any team scored more than 80 points. Well, all three have so far. I know Camby is out, but what is going on with the defese?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/4/2001  7:00 PM
Posted by Andrew:

After the new rule changes were announced allowing more flexability on defense, JVG was quoted as saying he would be dissapointed if any team scored more than 80 points. Well, all three have so far. I know Camby is out, but what is going on with the defese?

He's trying letting the knicks run and gun, probably just to prove a point that it doesn't work and that the team needs to go back to controlling the pace of the game, and the scoreboard, through grind it out, monotonous, gruelin' half court offenses - otherwise known as Knicks Basketball. This lack of defense also might tie into the whole conspiracy plot to oust Scott Layden. Layden's problem is that he's conservative and not willing to take risks like his predecessor. Look at the team he built before he came to NYC - the Jazz are not an exciting dynamic team and the only ones that are worth anything on the whole roster are Stockton and Malone and he never had to do anything to recruit them and sign them or trade for them. That's what he has to do here, and he just doesn't seem to be able to do that. The team started going down hill when Grunfeld was fired in '99 before the run to the finals. If Grunfeld was kept on, I think we'd still be in the running, because he would have pulled the trigger on a couple of deals. He also would have never traded Pat away for JUNK.

Furthermore - Layden did do a good job of cleaning out the roster, getting rid of injured LJ and Luc Longly instead of letting them rot on the injured list. Layden did however draft POORLY this year.

knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/5/2001  3:50 AM
PE, Jax and Postell. our good picks in what, twenty years?

Even without Laydumb at the helm we've been bad at taking draft picks and only occasionally getting it right. As for trading for junk. Well the original trade was OK but fell through, the second trade didn't look that bad either considering you are trading away an old center who makes 16 mil for one year. It's just bad karma to trade someone like pat away in his last year after being a Knick for so long. Not getting any good height in return is stupid but who'd have been willing to give up good height for PE? Did good on LJ and Luc? Messed up on both exceptions and I don't think he had anything to say about Luc, he stated quite early he was going to retire.

Who will be our good GM to relief us from our sorrow?
VG
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #68
Australia
11/5/2001  5:16 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Not getting any good height in return is stupid but who'd have been willing to give up good height for PE?

I'm pretty sure Portland offered Jermaine O'Neal for Pat Ewing.
Where's the D?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy