Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
1/24/2004  11:05 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

You think it's that easy!!! BY FEb 19th, all of a sudden, we'll be getting a superstar post-up player up front. OK, Keep dreamin!!! WE know the roster needs tinkering but it won't just happen via trades my man.
I said it was possible for a good trade to happen. Why the naysaying? LMAO

This imbalance won't be solve overnite or within the next 2mos. It's gonna take some time during the off season where Zeke will have more leeaway and flexibility.. THey'll be abl to utilize their 4.9mil exception which i think increases this summer.
I stated in more than just this thread that if a big-time deal doen't happen before the deadline, then it'll happen during the offseason.

You need to slow your happy jumpy moody self, thinkin it's Xmas all over again for the NYK.. If a move gonna take place, it won't be major or great enough to take the Knicks to a Championship. So quit this lottery dreamin attitude and stop jumpin the gun..

I am happy about the Knicks for the first time in a LONG time. There will be no slowing down until we get a Title!! I am a real fan that wants nothing but the best for my team. Don't try to slow my roll because the Knicks are better, and I am Happy in that hater-proof kinda way! GO KNICKS! Make the deal (whatever it is), Zeke!

Yo, ya aint the only one happy bout the Knicks. IF nothing goes down, remain happy. Don't fold now...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/24/2004  11:10 PM
Nah never that. I am just so relieved that we have hope now... after those dark times that are now behind us...

GO KNICKS!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
1/24/2004  11:34 PM
Doleac 18 pt.s!! 8 boards!!

Are those all time highs for Doleac?

Might the big D take over for Deke?

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/24/2004  11:39 PM
We have a 7'2" mutombo,6'11" doleac, 6'10" van horn, 6'9" thomas and it seems every night we are getting kiled on the boards(esp. clutch rebounds) and by the way who is malik allen? he's the type of guy we need at back up power foward instead of harrington
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2004  11:43 PM
maybe it's the plays, maybe it's van horn but all i can really say is that lenny has kvh playing tight. i mean look at lenny. as soon as kvh makes a mistake, he's out. no tolerance whatsoever. one bad play on the defense, he's yanked. and you can see it - kvh is playing TIGHT. he's passing up wide open 3's, going to the basket, and coming up short every time - that's a huge sign he's tight. he's looking over his shoulder. maybe lenny is trying to motivate him, but i don't think the no-tolerance way is to do it with kvh. i don't see him yanking kurt or anyone else after a bonehead play. in fact, he gives more leeway to othella as well. just look at his expressions when it comes to kvh. i'm know all the kvh haters are gonna not like what i just wrote, but it's true.

is kvh the answer? no
should kvh post up more? yes
is it his fault? i don't know

we all know what we have in kvh. don't expect him to all of the sudden become the savior. he's actually contributing more to the team than h20 has this season.

if we could move him for a legit post up player, then yes, we should do it. but i'm very worried at how lenny is using him and NOT using him. especially during the 4th tonight, since h20 was out again b/c of his knee.

if you guys want to get on somebody, then let's get on kurt. he hurts us way more than he helps us. if he doesn't hit his first 2 jumpers, then he's gone from the game - with either stupid fouls, or just plain disappears. as long as he's our starting PF, we are never going to make that next step.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/25/2004  12:18 AM
The small line up is live or die. If we had athletic big men, we wouldn't have to go small.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/25/2004  12:49 AM
Now that Shandon's streak is broken, he's gotta go. He didn't even show up to the game tonight because of a "migrane". That's a big punk move right there. LOL

If Lenny dont break Shandon's streak the migranes is not an issue(LOL), Shandon off the bench dumps 15 points and we win.

Just wait till the halo effect is gone......
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/25/2004  12:55 AM
We need frontcourt athleticism, period, we could not dominate a miami front line of odom who plays on the outside, a scrub combo of malik allen and haslem and a beaten and battered Brian grant. We have to do better than this, steph will be great, and Houston will continue to hit jumpers but we need more consistency down low. until then we will lose to inferior teams like miami more than we should...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
1/25/2004  4:49 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

maybe it's the plays, maybe it's van horn but all i can really say is that lenny has kvh playing tight. i mean look at lenny. as soon as kvh makes a mistake, he's out. no tolerance whatsoever. one bad play on the defense, he's yanked. and you can see it - kvh is playing TIGHT. he's passing up wide open 3's, going to the basket, and coming up short every time - that's a huge sign he's tight. he's looking over his shoulder. maybe lenny is trying to motivate him, but i don't think the no-tolerance way is to do it with kvh. i don't see him yanking kurt or anyone else after a bonehead play. in fact, he gives more leeway to othella as well. just look at his expressions when it comes to kvh. i'm know all the kvh haters are gonna not like what i just wrote, but it's true.

is kvh the answer? no
should kvh post up more? yes
is it his fault? i don't know

we all know what we have in kvh. don't expect him to all of the sudden become the savior. he's actually contributing more to the team than h20 has this season.

if we could move him for a legit post up player, then yes, we should do it. but i'm very worried at how lenny is using him and NOT using him. especially during the 4th tonight, since h20 was out again b/c of his knee.

if you guys want to get on somebody, then let's get on kurt. he hurts us way more than he helps us. if he doesn't hit his first 2 jumpers, then he's gone from the game - with either stupid fouls, or just plain disappears. as long as he's our starting PF, we are never going to make that next step.

you're totally right about kthomas. his only offense if wide open mid range jumpers, and he dissapears once he misses a couple. kvh isnt a savior on his own, but once we finally put some talent at the 4 spot, or the 5, kvh can be a fantastic piece of the puzzle i think.
Yes! - Marv Albert
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/25/2004  8:28 AM
This game was lost by MArbury. He was not aggressive enough. We are not going to win if he is scoring 4 points, it is that simple. Houston's Knee is a MAJOR concern the rest of this season.

I liked the linueps last night. the 2nd unit was doing well and i credit Wilkens for sticking with them.

As for the evaluiation period being shut on Wilkens in 4 games, I laugh at that. This is from the same guy who gave Chaney excuse after excuse. The first being, he needs a training camp. Well, let's give Wilkens the same at the very least.

NY will not win without Stephon and Allan going at least 20/20
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/25/2004  9:01 AM
Knicks just F@#%ed this game up. They need to start playing better to get to .500 ball

There aren't too many games left so after the all-star break, they have to get on a consistent winning mode majority of the time.

They cannot lose to teams like Maimi. That was a winnable game especially @ home..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/25/2004  9:39 AM
Like I said before we should have killed the marbury deal and got sheed and let Frank work his way into the starting pg. Low post athletic problem solved. We could have given Portland Dice expiring contract. Zeke is not the messiah he's a snake oil salesman and LENNY is his GOFER.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/25/2004  9:51 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

Knicks just F@#%ed this game up. They need to start playing better to get to .500 ball

There aren't too many games left so after the all-star break, they have to get on a consistent winning mode majority of the time.

They cannot lose to teams like Maimi. That was a winnable game especially @ home..

I think we also saw once and for all that F.Williams is NOT a 2 guard. He looked clueless out there without the ball. I know Marbury is our star PG and all, but for that Marbury and F.Williams backcourt to maximize it's capabilities Frank MUST play the 1 and Marbury the 2. In just about all the plays in which Frank was the PG we scored. Not the case when Marbury was the PG.

[Edited by - NYKDUNK on 01/25/2004 09:52:11]
CanadianKnicksFan
Member: #483
Canada
1/25/2004  11:54 AM
Lenny blew tonights game,play the starting unit in the 4rth q ,not back ups Doleac & Penny.and WTF was Frank in down the stretch
Pure Starks Love
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/25/2004  11:55 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

This game was lost by MArbury. He was not aggressive enough. We are not going to win if he is scoring 4 points, it is that simple. Houston's Knee is a MAJOR concern the rest of this season.

I liked the linueps last night. the 2nd unit was doing well and i credit Wilkens for sticking with them.

As for the evaluiation period being shut on Wilkens in 4 games, I laugh at that. This is from the same guy who gave Chaney excuse after excuse. The first being, he needs a training camp. Well, let's give Wilkens the same at the very least.

I thought Lenny was marbury's mentor ? Why didn't coach tell Marbury since Houston was injured he had to take it to the hole and score more . The game has passed Lenny by like Vince Carter said. To bad because Marbury is a talent.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/25/2004  11:59 AM
Even w/o Houston we had enough talent to win this game, there is no excuse for the loss. Some people didn't believe me when I said that this wouldn't be an easy game to win. Until the Knicks learn how to play as a team consistently than we will start to see this team takeoff. We are an 8th seed right now (as proven by our record), we are not a 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or even 7th seed until we prove it!
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
WOODMANnYk
USA
1/25/2004  12:02 PM
Posted by gogetit:

Like I said before we should have killed the marbury deal and got sheed and let Frank work his way into the starting pg. Low post athletic problem solved. We could have given Portland Dice expiring contract. Zeke is not the messiah he's a snake oil salesman and LENNY is his GOFER.

That was a possibility! I guess Thomas already had Williams packaged in another deal.

Look, at least Zeke took a gamble. Eventually we'll see how this trade pays off in the long run.

Look, Zeke got himself a superstar Pg. Somehow, he'll get that post-up big man one way or another.

Don't think it will happen this season, more like during the off-season.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
1/25/2004  12:40 PM
Posted by CanadianKnicksFan:

Lenny blew tonights game,play the starting unit in the 4rth q ,not back ups Doleac & Penny.and WTF was Frank in down the stretch

If Frank was playing the point down the stretch we would have won. Not a knock on Marbury, but just how non-existant Frank is at the 2 guard.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/25/2004  5:27 PM
Posted by gogetit:

Sorry but I can't disagree more.Apparently you aren't a knick fan.How could you be putting down Isiah with what he has done for this team.Wilkens isn't anyones gofer.Were you happy with the direction of this team before Zeke came to this team?Did you actually look foward to seeing a knick game 4 weeks ago?come on ,you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but Zeke is coming close.What was the future 4 weeks ago?Sheed would not have changed the fortunes of this team by much at all by himself--a game against Minn 2 weeks ago vs Garnett ,sheed got 7 pts and 3 rebs--WOW. Be Patient-Lennys had only 3 practices since he took over and they still need more talent .
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/25/2004  6:52 PM
Posted by gogetit:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

I thought Lenny was marbury's mentor ? Why didn't coach tell Marbury since Houston was injured he had to take it to the hole and score more . The game has passed Lenny by like Vince Carter said. To bad because Marbury is a talent.
This will be the measure of their success, I agree. It did not work last night. If that contintues to happen, then it will be a problem.

I like Fwill too. I am HAPPY he is playing over Moochie. He is not a 2 but Steph could play the 2 when they are on the court together. I bet Lenny will make that adjustment.

NY's biggest concern has to be the health of Houston. If he is not 90% or better, they will have problems winning consistently.
Knicks vs. Heat thread (1/24)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy