[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sheed Deal Still VERY Possible!!!
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/24/2004  11:47 PM
maybe a tweak to the roster is more possible than a blockbuster. maybe we can try to get a player like sheed in the offseason but for right now, if we can trade for a player without giving up too much, then we should do it. the tweak i'm talking about is trading frank for wilcox, or othella and a #1 for fizer. wilcox, fizer, gary trent, those are probably the guys we should be targeting since they're probably cheap and won't cost us chips for a bigger deal in the offseason. in fact, i think fizer would be a great acquisition.
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/25/2004  12:06 AM
Now that Shandon's streak is broken, he's gotta go. He didn't even show up to the game tonight because of a "migrane". That's a big punk move right there. LOL
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/25/2004  12:07 AM
I wouldn't give up a #1 for fizer. I think you can him for alot cheaper if thats what Zeke wants to do. IMO I would target abdur rahim instead of wallace-he's 2 yrs younger and I think he has a better offensive game and much better attitude.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
1/25/2004  12:33 AM
Eddy Curry is the next Jermaine Oneal. Kwame brown and Nene will be monsters next year.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
1/25/2004  12:40 AM
Posted by BigRedDog:

I wouldn't give up a #1 for fizer. I think you can him for alot cheaper if thats what Zeke wants to do. IMO I would target abdur rahim instead of wallace-he's 2 yrs younger and I think he has a better offensive game and much better attitude.
only problem w/rahim is he's too passive & can't defend like sheed can. other than that i'd be open to it. i do agree with a tweeking of the team for now though. sign & trade for wallace in the off-season.
MaseInYourFace
Member: #546
Canada
1/25/2004  4:54 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by BigRedDog:

only problem w/rahim is he's too passive & can't defend like sheed can. other than that i'd be open to it. i do agree with a tweeking of the team for now though. sign & trade for wallace in the off-season.

yea i'd much rather have rahim. wallace is a punk beeyatch. plus wallace ain't coming here anyhow,portland doesnt want kvh. and allen houston is way too much to give up for rashweed.

and i agree that anderson must go, he had to go even before pulled this gay headache stunt like a b#tch. that cat can't even make a layup.
Yes! - Marv Albert
RonRon
Member: #246
1/25/2004  5:18 AM
as much as i like the numbers rahim puts up, i would have to disagree on this one... Rahim has been losing nomatter which franchise hes been playing for. I think he and his team always had talent but it doesnt seem to be enough cause hes always the top 4 worst team in the league his entire career...

another reason i favor rasheed is because his contract ends, I dont want the knicks to risk anything long term with another unproven or questionable star. I know the chances of rasheeds is slim right now, but i would rather not mess with the chemistry of the team instead of taking a risk for a player with years on a contract unless shandan anderson goes with it....which no GM would do
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/25/2004  8:44 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Now that Shandon's streak is broken, he's gotta go. He didn't even show up to the game tonight because of a "migrane". That's a big punk move right there. LOL
I already said the same thing previously..

"OH well, Shandon's dayz as a Knick are pretty much done. The Punk didn't even show up due to a Migraine, Give me a break!!!"
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/25/2004  1:03 PM
Portland is sending out word that it can't get equal value for Rasheed Wallace, and the Mavs are one of those teams that appear to have backed off on Wallace.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/157973p-138698c.html

Good news? Maybe so.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
djsunyc
1/25/2004  1:39 PM
No surprise that Maurice Cheeks was reduced to tears after recent Blazers' loss to the Suns. It's hard for him to control his emotions when he can't control his team. Last season, he tried to get his players to shoot foul shots in practice and they refused. "Those guys run over him," one source said. Too bad, because Cheeks doesn't deserve such treatment.

could sheed be one of those guys that run over cheeks - i tend to think so. that combined with the story of him throwing a ball across the court that hit ruben boumtje-boumtje in the back causing him to fall in pain, while sheed walked away laughing PLUS those RABID statements he said about david stern...i don't get the facination with him. ok, he's got skill but it's been damn near 4 years since we've seen the "potential". don't confuse rabid psychoness with an agressive player with heart.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/25/2004  5:55 PM
If Cheeks is crying over games, and can't provide the leadership that make the players want to respect him, then HE is the problem.
If Cheeks had the players as focused as he should, that or the ball-throwing incident would have never happened.

That kind of madness does not happen anywhere else in the NBA like it does in Portland. If the management and coaches let everyone run roughshod over them ANYWHERE in the league, the kind of issues they have in Portland would occur there, too.

Lastly, what was it that was so "rabid" that he said in the Oregonian interview?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/107114798781690.xml

There's the link. Feel free to discuss what was said that bothered you so much as to call the statements what you did.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/25/2004 17:56:38]
posterchild
Member: #547
USA
1/25/2004  6:17 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

If Cheeks is crying over games, and can't provide the leadership that make the players want to respect him, then HE is the problem.
If Cheeks had the players as focused as he should, that or the ball-throwing incident would have never happened.

That kind of madness does not happen anywhere else in the NBA like it does in Portland. If the management and coaches let everyone run roughshod over them ANYWHERE in the league, the kind of issues they have in Portland would occur there, too.

Lastly, what was it that was so "rabid" that he said in the Oregonian interview?

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/107114798781690.xml

There's the link. Feel free to discuss what was said that bothered you so much as to call the statements what you did.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/25/2004 17:56:38]
wow dude, you took those dj words real serious. i read a lot of your posts and you seem like a real enthusiastic, optimisic, knicks fan. i don't get your undying facination for rasheed, if he could help the knicks how much you think he'll help, why are the trailblazers looking to trade him so badly. and why has randaulf emerged as the best player on that team when you and i are supposed to believe that rasheed is the best on that team. he has a lot of talent but to balance that, he has a lot of drawbacks also. he gets suspended, t'd, more often than he has good games. whats up with that? he is a max player that has played nowhere close to that for the past few years, and don't even think about telling me what his stats are or were, i know his talent, what his potential is, what he can bring, but the reallity is that he is an immature human being that needs to get some threropy to channel his emotions in a positive manner on the court. till he doesn't do this, he is just a max player who just hasn't lived up to it.
btw, maurice is a solid coach that is just in a bad environment right now. that is a loosing environment and everything else gets blown-up because of that. either portland rebuilds with solid, no nonesense player, or imo maurice should look to get out of there.
Frank Williams is the best knicks player this year. mad Respect
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
1/25/2004  6:25 PM
CHeeks, we all know will be replacing Ayers as coach of the 76ers. Ayers is warming up the seat for him...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
djsunyc
1/25/2004  6:49 PM

i'm just saying that i don't see the facination with him. the way you're talking about him is like he is the 2nd coming of hakeem olajuwon - the best post player in the league and the man that's gonna bring a championship to new york. posterchild eloquently said what all our thoughts are about him.

he's had better teams in portland the past couple of years than the knicks do now. his best chance in 2000, HE and all the others choked down the stretch. since then, HE and all his teammates have been underachieving. now, if he wasn't going to win with the talent on those teams, and wasn't going to listen to mike dunleavy, or respect anyone out there, what makes you think he's going to come in here and all of the sudden become this light at the end of the tunnel. he's a HUGE gamble and one i'm not willing to take.

as for his interview, i'll post a few thoughts on what he said:

"I ain't no dumb-ass nigger out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league," Wallace, 29, said. "No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league.

"There's a whole lot of crunching numbers that, quote-unquote, me as an athlete and me as an NBA player should know. In my opinion, they just want to draft niggers who are dumb and dumber -- straight out of high school. That's why they're drafting all these high school cats, because they come into the league and they don't know no better. They don't know no better, and they don't know the real business, and they don't see behind the charade.

"They look at black athletes like we're dumb-ass niggers. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."

listen, players are coming out of high school to make dollars, plain and simple. the nba is giving them a chance to make more money than they would ever make going to college a getting a "real" job. oh, and if they're really good, like lebron and carmelo, then they get MAX money like he did (once upon a time when people thought he would be the 2nd coming of hakeem). what does he know that all these dumb and dumber guys from high school don't? he doesn't say what it is. he said that those "dumb-ass-n*" do what they tell us. what exactly is that? they're making money and they're playing basketball. does he expect everyone to make the $17 mil that he is - the poor exploited bloke? and it's not like the nfl where a person's individuality is fined and penalized. i don't get his point...

"I'm not scared of the NBA. I'm not scared of the NBA officials. If I feel as though myself or my teammates have been dealt a wrong hand, I'm going to let it be known. I'm not going to sit up here like most of these cats and bite my tongue. That's not me."

Wallace becomes particularly animated when talking about officials. He insists the referees started a feud with him, not the other way around.

"They came messing with me, in the beginning, when I was with Washington," he said. "Why? I don't know. It's been an ongoing battle with them ever since.

so now he's blaming the officials for all those playoff series they lost? he feels like they're targeting him? he can't be serious. jordan got away with murder yet ewing, starks, and the rest of those guys didn't say it was b/c of the officiating. and he's not scared of the nba. is he equating the nba to some higher all power wielding nazi regime b/c that's how it comes across. he's not scared of them - oh no he ain't - oh by the way, make that check payable to rasheed wallace. come on man, how is this not rabid?

and finally...

"I still say the same things I said before. I still do some of the same things I did before," Wallace said. "I haven't changed, and I'm not going to change. Why should I?"

and that's exactly why he shouldn't be a knick...for thinking he's always been right and doesn't need to change. look at ron artest. he was walking that fine line last year. now look at him - he's controlling his emotions out there and is considered one of the best young players in the game. he's not getting the technicals, and he's getting mad props WHILE he's getting paid. but i guess according to rasheed, he's just another "dumb-ass-n*"

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/25/2004  8:09 PM
Posted by posterchild:

wow dude, you took those dj words real serious.
Nah, not really. It's not that deep. LOL It's just that I wanted to know what, specifically, was said in the article that bothered him so much.

i read a lot of your posts and you seem like a real enthusiastic, optimisic, knicks fan.
Good observation. I sure am. Thanks for the props- it's good to see that is recognized.

i don't get your undying facination for rasheed, if he could help the knicks how much you think he'll help, why are the trailblazers looking to trade him so badly.
Sometimes relationships- any kind- sour. There is so much wrong over there in Portland, and the management can't get a handle on it. It's time for Sheed and the Blazers to go their separate ways.

and why has randaulf emerged as the best player on that team when you and i are supposed to believe that rasheed is the best on that team.
Zach Randolph plays the 4, and they want to groom him to be centerpiece on which they can build around. Sheed is playing the 3 (the 4 is his natural position). It's similar to the situation we had here with Spree playing out of position.

he has a lot of talent but to balance that, he has a lot of drawbacks also. he gets suspended, t'd, more often than he has good games. whats up with that?
How many times has that happened this season, or last season? For the most part, the Techs and such occurred mostly around 2001. This season he's had many more good games than techs or other problems.

he is a max player that has played nowhere close to that for the past few years, and don't even think about telling me what his stats are or were, i know his talent, what his potential is, what he can bring,
OKay, cool. However, if you know those things already (and I'm glad you do, because I can't stand when postas ask repetitive questions! LOL), then you already know the answer to the "what can he do for us?" question.

but the reallity is that he is an immature human being that needs to get some threropy to channel his emotions in a positive manner on the court. till he doesn't do this, he is just a max player who just hasn't lived up to it.
IMO he can become a quality player on the Knicks. He needs to be shown how to harness the fire and passion in a manner that translates onto the court, and strengthens his game.

btw, maurice is a solid coach that is just in a bad environment right now.
That may be true, but it sounds like that cat is about to have a nervous breakdown. Considering how the team is managed, Mo Cheeks needs players that are more docile.

that is a losing environment and everything else gets blown-up because of that.
I disagree about it being a losing environment. I know you don't want anyone telling you stats, but you should know that the Blazers have made the playoffs for 21 years straight.

either portland rebuilds with solid, no nonesense player, or imo maurice should look to get out of there.
Both may have to happen in order for the Blazers to bring order to their team. They need a coach who will command respect, and players that are docile and boy-scout-like enough to help the Blazers tarnished image.

We have players that we can trade that would be nothing but choirboys. Also, we have dealt with outspoken (and somewhat problematic) players in the past and had positive results. I sincerely believe that can happen here in New York. He wants to play here. He wants to be a part of the structure that we have on the Knicks, and I welcome the idea.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2004  8:30 PM
Posted by posterchild:

btw, maurice is a solid coach that is just in a bad environment right now. that is a loosing environment and everything else gets blown-up because of that. either portland rebuilds with solid, no nonesense player, or imo maurice should look to get out of there.

posterchild, I think your posting is moving in the right direction. No sarcasm. This is exactly the position maurice is in.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/25/2004  9:16 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

[size=2]
i'm just saying that i don't see the facination with him. the way you're talking about him is like he is the 2nd coming of hakeem olajuwon - the best post player in the league and the man that's gonna bring a championship to new york. posterchild eloquently said what all our thoughts are about him.
I simply believe that Sheed coming to NY will benefit both the Knicks and himself. I never said he was the second coming of anything, just that he can HELP bring us a title. As for the general concensus, from what I read in fan forums, it's alot closer to 50/50 for/against than you allude to in that last sentence.

he's had better teams in portland the past couple of years than the knicks do now. his best chance in 2000, HE and all the others choked down the stretch. since then, HE and all his teammates have been underachieving.
So is that supposed to mean he can do no different anywhere else? Maybe THAT is why he needs a change of scenery so bad.

now, if he wasn't going to win with the talent on those teams, and wasn't going to listen to mike dunleavy, or respect anyone out there, what makes you think he's going to come in here and all of the sudden become this light at the end of the tunnel. he's a HUGE gamble and one i'm not willing to take.
Spree came here after that altercation with P.J. Carleisemo, and did an incident like that occur when HE was in New York? No. Alot of people didn't care to take that HUGE gamble either. Some of them are STILL wearing their Spree jerseys to the games! LOL

as for his interview, i'll post a few thoughts on what he said:

"I ain't no dumb-ass nigger out here. I'm not like a whole bunch of these young boys out here who get caught up and captivated into the league," Wallace, 29, said. "No. I see behind the lines. I see behind the false screens. I know what this business is all about. I know the commissioner of this league makes more than three-quarters of the players in this league.

"There's a whole lot of crunching numbers that, quote-unquote, me as an athlete and me as an NBA player should know. In my opinion, they just want to draft niggers who are dumb and dumber -- straight out of high school. That's why they're drafting all these high school cats, because they come into the league and they don't know no better. They don't know no better, and they don't know the real business, and they don't see behind the charade.

"They look at black athletes like we're dumb-ass niggers. It's as if we're just going to shut up, sign for the money and do what they tell us."

listen, players are coming out of high school to make dollars, plain and simple. the nba is giving them a chance to make more money than they would ever make going to college a getting a "real" job. oh, and if they're really good, like lebron and carmelo, then they get MAX money like he did (once upon a time when people thought he would be the 2nd coming of hakeem). what does he know that all these dumb and dumber guys from high school don't? he doesn't say what it is. he said that those "dumb-ass-n*" do what they tell us. what exactly is that? they're making money and they're playing basketball. does he expect everyone to make the $17 mil that he is - the poor exploited bloke? and it's not like the nfl where a person's individuality is fined and penalized. i don't get his point...
The young players come in bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. They aren't prepared to face the multitudes of people (in or out of the NBA) that could (and in some cases do) exploit them. Most people- let alone players- would shuffle and shake for NBA money, and from what I interpreted from the article, it sounds like he feels those young players are blindly following the status quo, without asking so much as a question. In some cases, this is done in order for the players to get their families out of a poverty-stricken situation. What he said about those players knowing nothing about the business is true- they're just coming out of high school.

"I'm not scared of the NBA. I'm not scared of the NBA officials. If I feel as though myself or my teammates have been dealt a wrong hand, I'm going to let it be known. I'm not going to sit up here like most of these cats and bite my tongue. That's not me."
I love that quote!

Wallace becomes particularly animated when talking about officials. He insists the referees started a feud with him, not the other way around.

"They came messing with me, in the beginning, when I was with Washington," he said. "Why? I don't know. It's been an ongoing battle with them ever since.

so now he's blaming the officials for all those playoff series they lost? he feels like they're targeting him? he can't be serious.
How about the line immediately preceding the one you quoted:
To Wallace, part of that is exhibiting a passion to win. But sometimes that passion goes overboard, resulting in momentum-stopping technical fouls.

"That's just the fire in me. Some of the technicals I deserved. Cussing at the officials or throwing something," he said. "But some of them I didn't deserve.
Had you inluded that critical part, it would have rendered your last point moot. All of a sudden it doesn't soud as bad, does it?

jordan got away with murder yet ewing, starks, and the rest of those guys didn't say it was b/c of the officiating. and he's not scared of the nba. is he equating the nba to some higher all power wielding nazi regime b/c that's how it comes across.
No, all he said is that he's not scared of NBA or the officiating. He's not scared to argue a call. You gave an example yourself. Maybe if someone would have argured some of those obviously bad calls, the outcome would have been different.

he's not scared of them - oh no he ain't - oh by the way, make that check payable to rasheed wallace. come on man, how is this not rabid?
No. That is NOT "rabid", it's business. He's not scared of them, and yes, he gets paid. How many people who work regular jobs getting paid a whole lot less than Sheed feel that they're expected to "tap dance" in addition to performing their job duties? Yeah, he gets 17 Million, but no paycheck is worth doing the huck-a-buck dance. He just does his job and gets his check.

and finally...

[quote] "I still say the same things I said before. I still do some of the same things I did before," Wallace said. "I haven't changed, and I'm not going to change. Why should I?"

and that's exactly why he shouldn't be a knick...for thinking he's always been right and doesn't need to change. look at ron artest. he was walking that fine line last year. now look at him - he's controlling his e

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/26/2004 11:56:57]
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/25/2004  9:30 PM
What some of you don't know is , the weed out there in portland is killer potent, that's why guys get madd hooked on it as soon as they play for the blazers. Q.Woods Z.Randolph D.Stoudemire R.Wallace etc... It reflects in their laid back attitudes about respecting the game.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
djsunyc
1/25/2004  11:08 PM
well i guess it just comes down to pretty much 2 ways to thinking about it:

1. aware of what he brings but skeptical he would perform or change his ways in nyc

and

2. aware of what he brings and expect him to thrive in nyc

there are points and counterpoints to each side of the argument. i fall under category 1 and hardcoreknicksfan falls under category 2.

whatever the case, i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens and see how that effects the team. do i think sheed will be a knick - probably not. do i want him to be a knick - no. but will i still cheer the knicks if he is here - yes.

i had the same reservations about sprewell when he came to town. i mean he choked his coach for christ sakes. and a change of scenery did him good and the knicks franchise good. a little different b/c the game was taken away from him for a while and he wanted to make things right. (i would like to see what that would do to rasheed) but nonetheless, it could've easily gone the other way...

and on a side note, i've never read anything about any players or coaches talking positively about rasheed as a teammate or a leader or anything of that sort. if you have any links to those, i'd like to read them.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/26/2004  10:32 AM
The only way we get Sheed in here is if Nash would accept a package of KT, Sweetney, FWill and Shandon. Kinda similar to the Marbury trade where you send prospects in Sweetney and Fwill and a good player in KT. Maybe add Dolaec in for good measure.

This trade also works Rahim.
Sheed Deal Still VERY Possible!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy