Conspiracy Theory
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/4/2001  1:26 PM
Guys,

If you haven't read it already, check out the article written by Christine Alling. Very good, and an interesting view.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/articles/article2072.asp
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2001  1:55 PM
Anyone who works in a reference to the Usual Suspects should get big props. Great article.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/4/2001  5:18 PM
I liked the article, I wondered if she could do some research into who could be hired by the Doland and actually rebuild our Knicks with Love. Layden certainly isn't the man for the job. Bill Bradley? Furthermore peeps are asking for JVG's head on a regular basis so she might find out which coach would actually make us better and is available. Frazier?
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/4/2001  6:42 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

I liked the article, I wondered if she could do some research into who could be hired by the Doland and actually rebuild our Knicks with Love. Layden certainly isn't the man for the job. Bill Bradley? Furthermore peeps are asking for JVG's head on a regular basis so she might find out which coach would actually make us better and is available. Frazier?
I don't think Bill Bradley could GM the knicks, as he is into politics now, moreso than BBall. Good idea though!

I actually like JVG as the knicks coach, and I don't think Layden is that bad as a GM, the only thing is - who is he going to get and with what pieces (players)? No other GMs want our players - either they are overpaid, old or injured and have no upside or game. There is not alot of movement in the League anymore, and for us to get in on anything major is next to impossible. Allan Houston and Marcus Camby are basically our only major trade bait, and not that many people want to see them gone from NY, even for a major front court player. I'd ship out MC+ AH for Rasheed Wallace (and trade cap filler) in a second. Or what about AH for Dale Davis and Bonzi Wells? We'd be able to have 'Sheed play the 4, and swing a deal for Marc Jax/Foyle or someone else to man the 5' spot using Charlie Ward/Eisley as trade bait. It looks like we are gonna do a deal with ATL or GS because they are both having huge issues at the PG spot. If we deal with ATL Ward/Eisley for Nazr Mohammed works straight up capwise.

Also - what happenned to Jahidi White this season? He looks like he hasn't been hitting the weight room at all, hasn't gotten any PT, and when he has he's fumbled the ball like it's a hot tomali.

You guys have been saying that Foyle's been playing well this season. How well? I'm not talking stat lines, i'm talking actual performance.

Furthermore - Marc Jax's stock is PLUMMETING and GS's leverage diminishes for every DNP that M-Jax earns over in Warrior-ville.

I'm tellin' you guys, the deal to look for come December is for MJax+Bobby Sura to come to the knicks for Ward(or Eisley)+Travis Knight.

Any Comments?

I'd like to see a NY lineup of:

C - Foyle/MJax
PF - Sheed (gives us the post game we desperately are seeking)
SF - Anderson
SG - Spree
PG - Action Jaxson

Oh, and about MJax (from GS) - he wants to pound downlow and use his post game, but his gripe is that Cowens wants Jax to bring the opposing center out of the lane and let Jamison and Fortson operate on the low blocks while he shoots 15ft'ers.

And Defense - I'm sure JVG could teach Jax a thing about defense. The only thing is that I'm worried MJax is 6'9" and as a Center that is definitely undersized - but so is Foyle... What to do?

VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/4/2001  7:44 PM
I'd love to see Wallace in a Knicks uniform but I seriously doubt Portland would be willing to trade him for Houston. We are stuck with Houston, his contract is too big I don't think any team is willing to trade for him. I do believe (like u) however that the Knicks will make a trade with the Warriors in Decmber. Sura just isn't getting it done at the point and the Warriors did not even extend Hughes's contract.
Caseloads
11/5/2001  1:17 AM
Posted by VG:

I'd love to see Wallace in a Knicks uniform but I seriously doubt Portland would be willing to trade him for Houston. We are stuck with Houston, his contract is too big I don't think any team is willing to trade for him. I do believe (like u) however that the Knicks will make a trade with the Warriors in Decmber. Sura just isn't getting it done at the point and the Warriors did not even extend Hughes's contract.
The other option for the Warriors is trading Hughes/Richardson+Marc Jax+Change(Troy Murphy/Fortson)+ Sura + Junk to Seattle for Payton + Vin "Fat as a" Baker. But I don't think that Seattle wants to trade Payton as he is on good behavior right now.

The problem is - and will be in Portland - 'Sheed Wallace's temper, and he's not going to behave anytime soon, so he might just get traded to NYC for CAMBY AND HOUSTON. Portland might just ship us their other junk, i.e. Scrottie Pip.
VG
Australia
11/5/2001  3:00 AM
Caseloads: Another factor I forgot to outline that works against us is the fact the Blazers have Wells and Anderson at the 2 spot and Pippen and Kobe Killa at the 3. Even if we get Pippen off of their hands they'll still have 3 natural shooting-guards on their roster (with AH) unless they move Wells at the 3.

Keep in mind that Wallace and Pippen are worth a staggering $32 mill together so New York would have to give up a lot to get these two players.

But here is a trade that works for both teams number-wise:

New York trades: Marcus Camby $6,250,000 to Portland
New York trades: Allan Houston $12,750,000 to Portland (BYC Value $9,000,000)
New York trades: Travis Knight $3,600,000 to Portland
New York trades: Charlie Ward $5,110,000 to Portland (plus Trade Kicker $814,500)
New York trades: Clarence Weatherspoon $4,538,000 to Portland
TOTAL: $32,248,000

Portland trades: Scottie Pippen $18,083,564 to New York
Portland trades: Rasheed Wallace $14,400,000 to New York
TOTAL: $32,483,564

Knicks Roster:

PG: Mark Jackson, Howard Eisley
SG: Latrell Sprewell, Lavor Postell
SF: Scottie Pippen, Shandon Anderson
PF: Rasheed Wallace, Othella Harrington
C: Kurt Thomas, Felton Spencer

Keep in mind I just posted this trade proposal as an indication of the difficulty involved if we wanted Wallace and keep Portland happy at the same time.

[Edited by - VG on 11/05/2001 03:04:15]
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/5/2001  4:15 AM
18 mil for Scottie Pippen? And we're complaining about AH his contract..sheesh KT at the center spot? Will we ever get big again?

GS, Atlanta and Memphis are our prospects I figure for any trades.

possibilities

trade 1
Atlanta trades:Alan Henderson ,Hanno Mottola

New York trades: Othella Harrington ,Charlie Ward

trade 2
Golden State trades: Larry Hughes ,Erick Dampier

New York trades: Kurt Thomas ,Howard Eisley

trade 3
Memphis trades: Michael Dickerson, Bryant Reeves

New York trades: Allan Houston ,Travis Knight

trades accepted
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/5/2001  4:17 AM
Hey guys, you should check your curse checker cause the name D!ckerson isn't a curse word (yet).
VG
Australia
11/5/2001  5:13 AM
hehehe lol@dickerson

Pippen makes a lot of money but the guy is off contract after the 2002-2003 season whereas Houston is locked till in 2007. So that means we'd save almost $20 mill on the cap after 2003.
Caseloads
11/5/2001  8:20 AM
Posted by VG:

hehehe lol@dickerson

Pippen makes a lot of money but the guy is off contract after the 2002-2003 season whereas Houston is locked till in 2007. So that means we'd save almost $20 mill on the cap after 2003.
exactly what i was thinking.
Conspiracy Theory

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy