[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan is at it again
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/23/2004  10:14 PM
NY Rangers just signed Jamir JAGR 40 MIL in a trade. Another one of the big name guys to sell more tickets and try to squeak into the playoffs. I see the same pattern with the signing of Marbury and Nickel. Dolan is consistent. LOL
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2004  10:18 PM
I don't like Dolan either, but let me ask you this: What owner is not trying to sell more tickets, regardless of the method?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

1/23/2004  10:29 PM
Posted by martin:

I don't like Dolan either, but let me ask you this: What owner is not trying to sell more tickets, regardless of the method?

As a fan Martin are you fooled by the ticket sale trades, or do you think the Rangers and knicks have a legit shot at winning something this yr?

I didn't think so.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2004  10:37 PM
Posted by gogetit:
Posted by martin:

As a fan Martin are you fooled by the ticket sale trades, or do you think the Rangers and knicks have a legit shot at winning something this yr?

I didn't think so.

I don't think the knicks have a legit shot at winning this year either. I didn't say that. Neither did Isiah or Dolan. Who said that?

The Knicks did get better with the trade though, and that's why they made it. Ticket sales are a byproduct. Period.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
playa2

1/23/2004  10:42 PM
Personaly I think we have a more exciting team, not so much better.

Time will tell us all. That trade was a horizonal move.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/23/2004  11:22 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by gogetit:
Posted by martin:

I didn't think so.

I don't think the knicks have a legit shot at winning this year either. I didn't say that. Neither did Isiah or Dolan. Who said that?

The Knicks did get better with the trade though, and that's why they made it. Ticket sales are a byproduct. Period.
Martin, i think ticket sales was the main reason the trade was made, and this was made known by the Knicks... they (Knicks brass in an ESPN article) said only 2 guys in the NBA could definitely sell out the Garden every night: Steph and iverson. The garden source said Kobe, maybe...

the reason why those guys could sell out the Garden is because they would make the Knicks much better and suit the fan base.
playa2

1/23/2004  11:43 PM
Thanks for clarifying that situation Case, some folks are still falling for the okie doke.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
1/24/2004  12:46 AM
"Horizontal Move" !?!
Are you kidding me?
How is gettin an all start PG w/out giving up any starters a horizontal move? Have you been watching at all? Marbury is amazing and we kept all of our main guys. That makes us better by default. Now the future ramifications of this trade are a seperate issue, but today the team is def. bettern then before the trade. I simply don't understand how it can argued that it is otherwise.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/24/2004  1:25 AM
There is no comparion between Marbury and Jagr. Marbury has a passion for the game and a desire to be the best. Jagr is just there to collect a paycheck most of the time.
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/24/2004  1:43 AM
Posted by martin:

Good point.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/24/2004  8:37 AM
The writing is on the wall, when Brooklyn moves into their new arena the opera lady will start to sing and the games will begin.

OH BABY, OH BABY, OH BABY
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/24/2004  11:01 AM
T-Mac would sell out the garden, so would Garnett - I think Duncan would too. Lets not forget Shaq....oh yeah and Paul Pierce. So I need to go on? Any legit superstar would have NY basketball fans salivating at getting a ticket to weatch the show - anything to see some fun ball instead of boring ball under the Layden regime.

Dolan wants to sell tickets, and the knicks got better and more exciting in the process, as fans we arent exactly losing out here. We wont win a championship this year but that doesnt happen over night.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/24/2004  11:35 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

We wont win a championship this year but that doesnt happen over night.
Thanks fo rclearing out the situation Oasis. Some fans would rather have a misreable team with incompetant management and completely lacking leadership showing absolutely no promise in the future.

What's funny is that Isiah had to force Chaney to start Frank Williams who got us the first 4 game win-streak. Chaney/Layden setup a heartless, gutless timid team on the floor with totally embarrasing moments. Dolan sells tickets or not, if the Knicks matter once again and take steps in the right direction, all knicks fans are happy.

The garbage has been cleared in less than a month! We are in the playoffs all of a sudden! Not 2 games out, in the playoffs! How can you be cynical about this? This has happened a month after Isiah got hired. Imagine what he will do in 2 years!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
playa2

1/24/2004  3:14 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by OasisBU:

We wont win a championship this year but that doesnt happen over night.
Thanks fo rclearing out the situation Oasis. Some fans would rather have a misreable team with incompetant management and completely lacking leadership showing absolutely no promise in the future.

What's funny is that Isiah had to force Chaney to start Frank Williams who got us the first 4 game win-streak. Chaney/Layden setup a heartless, gutless timid team on the floor with totally embarrasing moments. Dolan sells tickets or not, if the Knicks matter once again and take steps in the right direction, all knicks fans are happy.

The garbage has been cleared in less than a month! We are in the playoffs all of a sudden! Not 2 games out, in the playoffs! How can you be cynical about this? This has happened a month after Isiah got hired. Imagine what he will do in 2 years!

Silver not one knick fan would want us to have a miserable team and incompetent management forever, but at the same time nobody wants a team with high expectations with a "STAR" signing only to get dissappointed by all of his hype along with an over the hill coach.
Dolan is at it again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy