rp wrote:
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/3/2010  11:36 PM
And some complained when DW and Mike selected him over PE jr. Sometimes you have to trust that there is a reason. I had no real knowledge of the kids game, but DW made a good move. I hope he goes on to have a good Knick career. He's kept his head down and worked hard in practice. He's got some game and fits what we're trying to do.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2010  11:45 PM
never a big fan of Bill Walker, too lazy on D.

We know Williams can shoot it. What's he gonna do on the other side of the court?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/3/2010  11:45 PM
Hes got more talent than Walker--so he should be in the rotation for sure. Hes smooth 6-9 225 with more skills. He shoots the ball with no effort and almost perfect form.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
12/3/2010  11:46 PM
took a charge and maybe had a block? like that. Keep it up young fella
martin
USA
12/3/2010  11:47 PM
and of course, stay thirsty.
nixluva
USA
12/3/2010  11:52 PM
I'm tired of watching Walker coast out there. He drives me nuts just watching him waste his talent and get fatter. What does he do hang out with Curry all week? In the Summer I saw some cuts in his body, but now he's softer than marshmallows. I won't mind if I don't see Walker anymore.
rp
Member: #2965
USA
12/3/2010  11:53 PM
Dude can stroke it and more athletic that Gallo smh...
"Failure is only postponed success as long as courage coaches ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory" -Herbert Kaufman
Paladin55
Member: #2098

12/4/2010  12:58 AM
He can shoot, made good decisions with the ball and did not stall the flow of the offense, seems to have some ability to guard 1/1 and did a good job filling the middle and challenging a couple of guys going to the basket as well as taking a charge, and he has a strong lower body which makes me think he won't get pushed around down low.

Was there anything not to like about his game tonight, other than him not posting up a guard who had switched over to him on one play- which seems pretty minor to me.

MDA seems to have kept him under wraps until he was sure that Williams was not going to fail on the court.

No comparison between him and Baby Ewing.

If Williams can play like this on a regular basis, Donnie Walsh, given all his other pickups, will have to be considered for the Executive of the Year award.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/4/2010  1:07 AM
i would like to have more balance on the bench... if Shawne Williams is going to get minutes (& he did play well tonight), then Bill Walker is pretty redundant IMO... same goes for Roger Mason Jr. & Andy Rautins... do we really need both of those guys on this roster? if we're going to keep both Walker & Williams, then i say we cut Mason Jr & Rautins & target another bigman to spell Turiaf off the bench & a backup PG who can run the PnR, because Mozgov needs a lot more seasoning before we can rely on him to fill that role & TD is more suited to play the 2G... Finestrg suggested someone like Josh Boone on another thread... if not him then i'm sure there are guys in the D-Leagues we can give a tryout to... adding some frontcourt & PG depth to this roster that we can use makes sense for our franchise right now... unless there are some serious injuries that occur in our 2 & 3 positions, guys like Mason Jr. & Rautins will never see the light of day
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/4/2010  1:17 AM
I don't think his talent has ever been questioned. His character has always been the problem. If he has matured and changed he is a tremendous addition. The fact that he is getting minutes for D'Antoni indicates that he is headed in the right direction. He could be a steal. In terms of roster spots I don't think Rautins ever makes it and he is already 24. Mason without his shot is just not talented enough to keep around. Hia wrist injury may have ended his career.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
12/4/2010  5:42 AM
Williams looked silky on offense from the start he stepped on the court. He hit his first basket then hit a 3 but stepped on the out of bounds line. He kept up the hot shooting.

Now, I am not jumping ahead as has been tearing up practices with his hot shooting, I expect him to be a regular in the rotation. It was just a matter of time for him to get his foot in the door. I remember reading that he was the best shooter in practice - I don't think it's a coincidence what we saw last night. He also played good D, only a few minor mistakes. I say he is going to take Walkers minutes first.

As crazy as it may sound, later in the season anything is possible with him, especially if Gallo continues his inconsistent starts. I say Gallo needs a kick in the ass (as maybe sending Wilson to the bench did for Wilson). I wouldn't mind seeing Williams getting a spot start if he keeps up his shooting. I'm not going by last nights game, rather by the reports of his hot shooting for the last month or two. Stat is going to draw double teams and Williams will get open looks as all of our shooters have been getting.

Notice Amare in the interviews - "Teams either try to take away the inside or the outside game." They haven't been able to do either. There is always going to be an opening for good shooters on this team. Welcome Williams...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
nychamp
Member: #2556

12/4/2010  8:06 AM
I don't see why Williams shouldn't get ALL of Walker's minutes going forward. Walker really is lazy out there and isn't special enough to keep him in over Williams. Walker was giving a losing effort from jump last night, while every time Williams is in he is hustling.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/4/2010  8:36 AM
The sentiment over Patrick Ewing seems to have faded to Bolivian

At 6'9 Shawne Williams adds to a feature our boys have lacked in the past

Length

once a knick always a knick
TheSage
Member: #386
12/4/2010  8:46 AM
Enshrine him-its ONE game-he played well and shoot well in practice, Calm down. This group jumps on bandwagons like ants on a cake on the ground at a picnic
martin
USA
12/4/2010  9:04 AM
CrushAlot wrote:In terms of roster spots I don't think Rautins ever makes it and he is already 24.

the same sentiments were being said about Williams early in the year. I don't understand it.

None of us are watching practice, so I don't know how we can really comment on Rautins past something like: Dude doesn't look ready yet but maybe something can happen after a little seasoning.

Before the draft no one wanted Fields and then the dude was given a shot.

Can we at least give the guy an NBA minute before we call his career over?

nixluva
USA
12/4/2010  9:05 AM
TheSage wrote:Enshrine him-its ONE game-he played well and shoot well in practice, Calm down. This group jumps on bandwagons like ants on a cake on the ground at a picnic

From everything i've read this guy has been playing great in practice all along. It was a matter of time before he got his chance to get in the rotation. I think it's hard to contain excitement when you have a guy that you know has talent, come in and play well. He's been gradually worked into the rotation and he looked like he was finally 100% comfortable.

It would be one thing if his good play was off the charts and could be passed off as a fluke, but he was just taking what the defense gave him and he was under control. You can tell when a player is just lucky or if he's successful cuz he's got game. I'm sure he'll have some bad games too, but he's a role player and so we're not expecting him to carry the team, just give us needed contributions off the bench. In any event I feel he gives more energy than Walker, so already I like him for the rotation.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/4/2010  9:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2010  9:11 AM
TheSage - you funny

The Knicks win a big road game with a contribution from an afterthought that only Donnie Walsh was willing to invest, and the best you can add is "calm down"?

No

it's knicks basketball being played with with more substance and style than we have seen in years

We refuse to calm down

we stand and cheer a David Lee having a breakout game

We stand and cheer Shawne Williams reviving his careeer with 13 bonus points

once a knick always a knick
TheSage
Member: #386
12/4/2010  9:20 AM
misterearl wrote:TheSage - you funny

The Knicks win a big road game with a contribution from an afterthought that only Donnie Walsh was willing to invest, and the best you can add is "calm down"?

No

it's knicks basketball being played with with more substance and style than we have seen in years

We refuse to calm down

Not saying calm down about the Knicks but calm dowm about a guy who scored 2 points all season until last night. He may have a place here but one night and 13 points do not make an all star season.

cheers
Member: #3316

12/4/2010  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2010  9:23 AM
misterearl wrote:TheSage - you funny

No

We refuse to calm down

i approve of this message. as nixluva pointed out as well, this team is the real deal, well deserving of the love.

can Shawne Williams get some love?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy