[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Fratello

Author Poll
Caseloads
Member: #41
With our still pitiful defense, who wishes we had gotten Fratello now, instead of Lenny. Honestly, all i care about is wins. And to me, DEFENSE = Wins. And this team, as any with any team, can play defense, because defense is pure effort, energy, dedication and discipline. (Of course physical skills help, but moreso on offense than D) Discuss/Defend your choice...
Wish we had gotten Fratello, who would have brought defense to this team
Happy with "Laid Back" Lenny, who frankly doesnt seem to have done much to change this team
View Results

Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/23/2004  9:22 PM
Case if we wouldn't have got Steph and picked up a "STAR" PF then I would have taken Fratello. But my choice still would have been John Thompson.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/23/2004  9:29 PM
Posted by gogetit:

Case if we wouldn't have got Steph and picked up a "STAR" PF then I would have taken Fratello. But my choice still would have been John Thompson.
Honestly, there are no star PF's available... except Sheed & Shareef.

Every squad is looking for a star PF. With PF's you've got to really develop your own or trade for a guy who hasnt become a star yet.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/23/2004  11:47 PM
Isiah and Wilkens are coaching Marbury by creating an environment that will make him the best PG in the game, and a franchise player. No to Fratello.
bigblitz2001
Member: #535
1/24/2004  12:02 AM
I like the idea of giving your best player the support he needs to be successful. Also I think Fratello would have been a bad fit, like putting a square peg in a round hole.

If JVG and Larry Brown couldnt get Keith and Houston to play good defense do you think Fratello would have made a differnce. Lenny coaches to our players strengths, I think its a good fit. The current Knicks will never be a great Defensive team. As long as they improve their effort on D I will be happy. If the knicks are to play well for the rest of the year and in the playoffs they will have outscore most teams they beat.

If they want to be a legit contender and compete with teams like the pacers and detroit in the east they need to make another trade.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/24/2004  12:04 AM
No to Fratello! he's been trying to get a job for years, even the Clips turned him down. He may win some games but his style makes for some incredibly ugly basketball. At first I was just happy Chaney was gone so I didn't care. Once I heard it was Lenny I was much more excited.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/24/2004  12:06 AM
In Lenny's 5 games here, the knicks r 4-1...whose to complain. Let's see what Lenny does to help this team b4 we ask who'd we rather have. He's still gettin used to all the players.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/24/2004  10:26 AM
I'd like to see the Knicks play better defense, but I'm satisfied with Lenny. I think it is still too early to judge his performance as coach. He hasn't changed the system much because that would be disruptive in the middle of the season.

Bobby
Member: #408
USA
1/24/2004  12:19 PM
We can't turn back the clock, what we have is what we have to look forward to. Taking the czar over Lenny for improved defense is not my idea for replacing Chaney.

For the upgrade, discipline is first.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Fratello

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy