[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/7/2010  12:02 AM
VDesai wrote:I don't know how long Amare can continue at this pace but he could certainly make a run at the scoring title. 67/111 from the field in his last 5 games. He is in a ZONE right now.

He scores so easy he can go agaianst any defender. He just needs to pick it up on defense consistently. He basically represented the whole team this game. AWFUL on D' in the first half and in the second, he was all over the place and you couldn't score on him. WTF? This should have been a blowout!

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
cheers
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3316

12/7/2010  9:07 AM
“They just had it going,” Beasley said. “They’re the hottest team in the league right now. Amare Stoudemire is the hottest player. When it counted, we couldn’t stop them.”

now thats a compliment. beasley was beasting for over forty minutes trying to stop the knicks.

Bippity10
Member: #574
12/7/2010  10:23 AM
s3231 wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:
s3231 wrote:If Amare beasts again tonight, I plan on starting 5 MVP chants at the Garden....true story

It's going to be legen....wait for it.....dary

Ha, glad to see someone picked up on it

Funniest character on tv

I just hope that people will like me
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/7/2010  10:53 AM
Third in the league in scoring and rising. Doing it efficiently too. Not like the two ahead of him.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/7/2010  10:58 AM
At the beginning of the year, MDA was on ESPN radio, I don't remember who was the host, and Mike said that STAT was a top 10 player, and the ESPN guys disputed it and tried to list 10 players better (which they didn't end up doing).
It seems that so far this year STAT is FIRMLY placed himself in that top ten, and I'd say he's top 3 big men.
In no particular order, the top three big men in the league are Dirk, DHoward, and STAT.
STAT gives you a more physical presence than Dirk (but less range), and more range and diverse offense than DHoward, but less defense and rebounding. If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm picking STAT or DHoward as my star front court player. End of story.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
12/7/2010  11:02 AM
Dirk is having an awesome season. IMO its between him and Amare on the MVP front right now, with DRose on the outside.
Allanfan20
USA
12/7/2010  11:02 AM
Panos wrote:At the beginning of the year, MDA was on ESPN radio, I don't remember who was the host, and Mike said that STAT was a top 10 player, and the ESPN guys disputed it and tried to list 10 players better (which they didn't end up doing).
It seems that so far this year STAT is FIRMLY placed himself in that top ten, and I'd say he's top 3 big men.
In no particular order, the top three big men in the league are Dirk, DHoward, and STAT.
STAT gives you a more physical presence than Dirk (but less range), and more range and diverse offense than DHoward, but less defense and rebounding. If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm picking STAT or DHoward as my star front court player. End of story.

I'll take Pau Gasol over Stoudemire and Howard as well. After that, I can't think of a big man I'd like better AT THIS POINT.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Panos
12/7/2010  11:10 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Panos wrote:At the beginning of the year, MDA was on ESPN radio, I don't remember who was the host, and Mike said that STAT was a top 10 player, and the ESPN guys disputed it and tried to list 10 players better (which they didn't end up doing).

I'll take Pau Gasol over Stoudemire and Howard as well. After that, I can't think of a big man I'd like better AT THIS POINT.

Not me, man. As I've stated before, I think Pau Gasol is overrated. That guy was on a lottery team until he got traded to LA-LA. They had 22 wins.
Even from a pure statistics perspective STAT has the edge, but its so much more than that. Pau Gasol is feasting playing second fiddle to the best player in the league, Kobe. Amare is LEADING his team, and turned a lottery team into a winner (yes, so far). That plus I feel that so much of Pau's scoring comes from his flopping around and getting foul calls, I can't respect that. Every time he touches the ball he just spins around till someone touches him and he flops. I'm not impressed.

Allanfan20
USA
12/7/2010  11:17 AM
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Not me, man. As I've stated before, I think Pau Gasol is overrated. That guy was on a lottery team until he got traded to LA-LA. They had 22 wins.
Even from a pure statistics perspective STAT has the edge, but its so much more than that. Pau Gasol is feasting playing second fiddle to the best player in the league, Kobe. Amare is LEADING his team, and turned a lottery team into a winner (yes, so far). That plus I feel that so much of Pau's scoring comes from his flopping around and getting foul calls, I can't respect that. Every time he touches the ball he just spins around till someone touches him and he flops. I'm not impressed.

I just don't see the same thing out of him. You can argue that Amar'e is better and that's fine. If you take the comparison out of this though, Gasol is still such a smooth player and even without flopping he can score whenever he wants and he does and he plays intelligent as hell. He always knows when to make the right move or pass, and that's with or without Kobe. Just remember, before the Lakers had Pau, they were a first round and exit team. They got their arses beat by the Suns twice and had a lotto appearance. After Pau, they made it to the finals 3 times. That says a lot.

You may not like his flopping, but if you were his coach or a Lakers fan, you would love every minute of how he plays. And he comes up with big defensive players as well.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2010  11:17 AM
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

P Gasol is not an alpha dog but a damn good player. I think some of his Memphis teams won 45-50 games in a tough western conference.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
12/7/2010  11:20 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

P Gasol is not an alpha dog but a damn good player. I think some of his Memphis teams won 45-50 games in a tough western conference.

Maybe its just me. I don't like his style of ball. I don't want him leading my team, and as a fan, I wouldn't want to watch him.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2010  11:22 AM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Maybe its just me. I don't like his style of ball. I don't want him leading my team, and as a fan, I wouldn't want to watch him.

he's the perfect Pippen for Kobe.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
12/7/2010  11:23 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Why? Would the Lakers be any worse with STAT instead of PGasol?

Allanfan20
USA
12/7/2010  11:25 AM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Again, you just don't know. I don't think they would be much worse. I do know they would be much worse without Gasol at all. Like I said, they'd be a first round and exit team and maybe even a lotto team. The proof is in the history books.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/7/2010  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2010  11:26 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

Sure did, but lets get it right, if you had to pick em at this juncture of the season, Amare is holding down right now..today..this minute, there's no other player hotter. Dirk and gasol aren't swattting shots, and having game winning blocks.

ES
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/7/2010  11:39 AM
Panos wrote:

They might. Gasol is a very good passer. He's great on the high post playing the pick and role (sets a very good screen, can hit that midrange J, and can pass back out to Kobe). He's a less "dominant" scorer than Amare, but perhaps a more complimentary number 2 to Kobe.

As much as I'm loving Amare, he's really not a classic go-to guy who can get his own from anywhere on the floor. Neither is Gasol, but the roles and equations change for what you want out of your number 2 when you have a legit number 1 guy.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/7/2010  11:40 AM
Panos wrote:If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm picking STAT or DHoward as my star front court player. End of story.

agreed 10000000%... STAT is the MVP this year right now without a doubt... name me 1 player that has had more of a positive impact on his team this year... right now Amare & DHoward are the most dominant bigmen in the game w/o question... both of them are putting up their numbers without the benefit of having a dominant perimeter guy like Kobe preventing teams from doubling him on every other possession.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
cheers
Member: #3316

12/7/2010  11:44 AM
if ewing sr. could do it all over again, he would switch babies and raise stat as his own, the true heir to ewing.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/7/2010  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2010  11:47 AM
TMS wrote:
Panos wrote:If I'm starting a team from scratch, I'm picking STAT or DHoward as my star front court player. End of story.

agreed 10000000%... STAT is the MVP this year right now without a doubt... name me 1 player that has had more of a positive impact on his team this year... right now Amare & DHoward are the most dominant bigmen in the game w/o question... both of them are putting up their numbers without the benefit of having a dominant perimeter guy like Kobe preventing teams from doubling him on every other possession.

I see orlando and the knicks in a 2nd round match up, and felton going at nelson with a vegence and amare and DH going mano y mano...I said it first

ES
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/7/2010  12:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TMS wrote:

I see orlando and the knicks in a 2nd round match up, and felton going at nelson with a vegence and amare and DH going mano y mano...I said it first

i would love nothing more than for the Knicks to go up against the Heat in the 1st round & play spoiler to their championship aspirations this year... that would be a Knicks fans bukkake wet dream come true... next to this obviously

[IMG_block] http://nyknickscitydancers.com/DesktopModules/PhotoGallery/photo_images/885__MG_1749.jpg [/IMG_block]

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy