Author Thread
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
11/16/2010  8:21 AM
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:
FrenchKnicks wrote:Am I the only one to understand that a team made of 10 new players has to go through a lot of games to play good basketball ?

I've never expected them to play as a unit before halfway through this season. It's a process, and you guys aren't patient. It takes time, and they'll get there. They're young, athletic, and have loads of potential.

you are right. i'm not patient. i was patient for 2 years. now, when we are faced with inferior opponents with terrible records, i expect the team to win. i haven't given up. but i will not make any more excuses for the team. nor will i accept any more excuses. that being said, i'm always a knicks fan so i hope they turn it around before more of us go nuts. let's go knicks.

2 years? Try 6 years since we last made the playoffs, 10 years since we last won a playoff game and almost 40 years since we won a championship. We've seen worse than this, just look back at the Layden/Isiah years. But to each his own...

Well, that's the problem right here. Because we have had to go through 10 terrible years, we can't be patient with the new team. But in reality, you had to reset the count last offseason. It's Year 1 of a new team, that has just played 10 regular season games. What happened last year or 6 years ago has nothing to do with the new team.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/16/2010  8:45 AM
arkrud wrote:I am enjoing Rangers and it took 4 years of transitional coaching with Mikes clone (it was juts offensivly limited guy) and dumpig him for real two-way coach to get things going.
It also took 4 years to cleanup the cap mess and build team up.
Knicks will not be good for another 2 years baring a miracle.
So it is OK to step out and save some nerves.

Tom Renney deserve love... he's the one the brought about a culture change in NY and got the team into the playoffs year after year after nothing. He's the 4th winningest coach in team history for Christ's sake, and he did that after the Rangers put a Layden/Thomas product on the ice.

Tom Renney did a helluva lot more the Pringles or Isiah or whatever overhyped garbage the Knicks roll out.

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/16/2010  8:53 AM
93BUICK wrote:93 BUICK is out until the team gets to .500, is fired or we make a big trade, I'm not watching THIS anymore. It's depressing and it wastes my time when I could be chasing Mrs.Buicks around.
I see it. I see what made poor DJ go root for a team in another country. I see what sends poor Eny back to Taco Bell after the late shift. I see what makes Papabear misspell Amare'. I see what makes Marv talk through his patient's session lamenting the lack of hustle and "D". I'm out.

Hopefully they'll pull me back in- but as one of you said- Hope is not a strategy. See you MF's at the Grammys.

I don't blame you. There was a season during Isiah's Reign of Terror where I didn't watch a single Knicks game. I understand the decision. Stick around the boards though--the OT forum is my favorite.

Anyway, this is a consumer decision. There is no honor in continuing to consume a **** product. Consuming this product costs a whole lot of time and money that, frankly, is undeserved.

Personally, I'll continue consuming, but the expiration date is game 26. If they don't play quality basketball by then, I'd rather devote more time to propositioning women.

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2010  10:49 AM
FrenchKnicks wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:
FrenchKnicks wrote:Am I the only one to understand that a team made of 10 new players has to go through a lot of games to play good basketball ?

I've never expected them to play as a unit before halfway through this season. It's a process, and you guys aren't patient. It takes time, and they'll get there. They're young, athletic, and have loads of potential.

you are right. i'm not patient. i was patient for 2 years. now, when we are faced with inferior opponents with terrible records, i expect the team to win. i haven't given up. but i will not make any more excuses for the team. nor will i accept any more excuses. that being said, i'm always a knicks fan so i hope they turn it around before more of us go nuts. let's go knicks.

2 years? Try 6 years since we last made the playoffs, 10 years since we last won a playoff game and almost 40 years since we won a championship. We've seen worse than this, just look back at the Layden/Isiah years. But to each his own...

Well, that's the problem right here. Because we have had to go through 10 terrible years, we can't be patient with the new team. But in reality, you had to reset the count last offseason. It's Year 1 of a new team, that has just played 10 regular season games. What happened last year or 6 years ago has nothing to do with the new team.

this is my perspective. gotta compartmentalize it out.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/16/2010  11:13 AM
^I'm starting to see it that way but its tough to overlook the issues. They shoot too many 3's and except for Turiaf and Fields, they don't defend.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
martin
USA
11/16/2010  11:17 AM
Silverfuel wrote:^I'm starting to see it that way but its tough to overlook the issues. They shoot too many 3's and except for Turiaf and Fields, they don't defend.

check out my new thread.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/16/2010  11:59 AM
93BUICK wrote:93 BUICK is out until the team gets to .500, is fired or we make a big trade, I'm not watching THIS anymore. It's depressing and it wastes my time when I could be chasing Mrs.Buicks around.
I see it. I see what made poor DJ go root for a team in another country. I see what sends poor Eny back to Taco Bell after the late shift. I see what makes Papabear misspell Amare'. I see what makes Marv talk through his patient's session lamenting the lack of hustle and "D". I'm out.

Hopefully they'll pull me back in- but as one of you said- Hope is not a strategy. See you MF's at the Grammys.

Another mfin douchebag who'll be wearing a Heat jersey soon. Good riddance.
I lived through Hubie Brown, Louie Orr missing wide open dunks, and Greg Butler. The embarrassment of "Now starting in the NBA Finals for your New York Knicks, at center, Christen Guilford Dudley..."

And while you're chasing her, Ask Mrs Buick if you can have your backbone and your pants back for a few days a week...

you can beyatch and moan, but stick with your team.

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/16/2010  1:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2010  1:25 PM
FrenchKnicks wrote:Well, that's the problem right here. Because we have had to go through 10 terrible years, we can't be patient with the new team. But in reality, you had to reset the count last offseason. It's Year 1 of a new team, that has just played 10 regular season games. What happened last year or 6 years ago has nothing to do with the new team.

Gallo & Wilson have been with this coach for the past 2 years, TD was on the team last year... still none of them look like they know what they're supposed to be doing out on the floor on a consistent basis... you'd figure they'd know this system by now, but doesn't look to me like they do... Amare i know for damn sure knows this system inside & out but even he looks lost on occasion... sure it takes time to get used to playing with new teammates, but that doesn't explain the whole story out there... these guys simply don't look like they know what to do half the time i watch them out on the floor, that goes for everyone on the team... a lot of times i see a buncha guys catching the ball or dribbling up court & launching up 3's... not to say that's all they do but it sure does look like it happens an awful lot... i don't see any type of moving the ball around to find the open shooter, working off picks & screens to free up someone, not nearly enough backdoor cuts to get easy open baskets... it's all catch & shoot or iso's i'm seeing out there of late... it's ridiculous.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
USA
11/16/2010  1:29 PM
what if the focus of the coaching staff was to work on defense first this year and then tack on offense later?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/16/2010  1:32 PM
martin wrote:what if the focus of the coaching staff was to work on defense first this year and then tack on offense later?

Once, our goal was to get two-way players. Now it seems we need two-way coaches...

Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/16/2010  1:34 PM
martin wrote:what if the focus of the coaching staff was to work on defense first this year and then tack on offense later?

I think 10 new players not being on the same page yet has something to do with it. the hope is that they figure it out before frustration sets in.

I just hope that people will like me
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2010  2:07 PM
I see breakdowns in game, not complete failure. One blow out game. Milwaukee just played out of their minds.

We don't have a winning culture yet. We are young, inconsistant and when the threes don't rain in we do down big in a hurry.

I like the players on this team.

I am rooting for them to get better. They got off better then I thought they would. WE got scouted and our weekness was found.

oohah
Member: #887
11/16/2010  4:51 PM

Then the coaches are nuts. You have a gameplan for both sides of the game. You don't work on 1/2 of the game per year.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
oohah
11/16/2010  4:53 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Childs2Dudley wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Layden/Isiah years were worse?? really??...Layden teams were around .500...Isiah teams made it interesting until January...

Defending Isiah now.

Nice.

And Layden...

Yeah, because, you're like, really smart.

I would love to be capped out and terrible than have a nice team with flexibility that only needs a coaching change to get better.

You should join the MSG PR team.

Hey Holfresh, do you ever get tired of being right and having people who haven't got a clue jump all over you, then agreeing with you 1 year later, yet never admitting how wrong they were to begin with?

oohah

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/16/2010  5:03 PM
oohah only comes around here to stroke his own ego. Kinda sad.

The fact is I wasn't jumping for joy at the D'Antoni hire when it was first made but I was prepared to stick with him for the next 2 years with a garbage team. It is now apparent his coaching style is not changing even with a totally different team. I now want him fired.

Can't get anymore simpler than that.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
oohah
11/16/2010  5:05 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:oohah only comes around here to stroke his own ego. Kinda sad.

The fact is I wasn't jumping for joy at the D'Antoni hire when it was first made but I was prepared to stick with him for the next 2 years with a garbage team. It is now apparent his coaching style is not changing even with a totally different team. I now want him fired.

Every time I read one of your posts I am kinda sad. For you.

oohah

Childs2Dudley
USA
11/16/2010  5:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2010  5:10 PM
oohah wrote:
Childs2Dudley wrote:oohah only comes around here to stroke his own ego. Kinda sad.

Every time I read one of your posts I am kinda sad. For you.

oohah

I wonder why you never receive any disciplinary action. I guess being an "elder statesman" of something has its merits. Good for you.

Keep on baitin'.

Childs2Dudley

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
oohah
11/16/2010  5:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2010  5:14 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
I wonder why you never receive any disciplinary action. I guess being an "elder statesman" of something pays off. Good for you.

Keep on baitin'.

Childs2Dudley

It could be that if the moderator reads the thread, they see that I don't walk in insulting insult people, but if someone like yourself wants to take a shot at me, I will take a shot right back. For example, just read a few posts up when you decided to Insult me. Or is your memory so poor you can't remember what you posted 15 minutes ago?

Now I have only one more piece of advice for you: Stop riding my jock and you'll find that I am a very nice guy and interesting to have a basketball discussion with.

oohah

Childs2Dudley
USA
11/16/2010  5:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2010  5:20 PM
oohah wrote:
Childs2Dudley wrote:
I wonder why you never receive any disciplinary action. I guess being an "elder statesman" of something pays off. Good for you.

Keep on baitin'.

Childs2Dudley

It could be that if the moderator reads the thread, they see that I don't walk in insulting insult people, but if someone like yourself wants to take a shot at me, I will take a shot right back. For example, just read a few posts up when you decided to Insult me. Or is your memory so poor you can't remember what you posted 15 minutes ago?

Now I have only one more piece of advice for you: Stop riding my jock and you'll find that I am a very nice guy and interesting to have a basketball discussion with.

oohah

Wasn't an insult. Were you not stroking you own ego in this thread? I stroke it too sometimes, among other things.

If not, I apologize.

oohah
11/16/2010  5:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2010  5:21 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
If so, I apologize.

I accept your apology. Just stick to basketball and we'll have a much more enjoyable time when you see me on the board.

oohah

I'm out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy