[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'm out
Author Thread
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
11/15/2010  4:34 PM
93 BUICK is out until the team gets to .500, is fired or we make a big trade, I'm not watching THIS anymore. It's depressing and it wastes my time when I could be chasing Mrs.Buicks around.
I see it. I see what made poor DJ go root for a team in another country. I see what sends poor Eny back to Taco Bell after the late shift. I see what makes Papabear misspell Amare'. I see what makes Marv talk through his patient's session lamenting the lack of hustle and "D". I'm out.

Hopefully they'll pull me back in- but as one of you said- Hope is not a strategy. See you MF's at the Grammys.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
AUTOADVERT
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
11/15/2010  4:45 PM
93BUICK wrote:93 BUICK is out until the team gets to .500, is fired or we make a big trade, I'm not watching THIS anymore. It's depressing and it wastes my time when I could be chasing Mrs.Buicks around.
I see it. I see what made poor DJ go root for a team in another country. I see what sends poor Eny back to Taco Bell after the late shift. I see what makes Papabear misspell Amare'. I see what makes Marv talk through his patient's session lamenting the lack of hustle and "D". I'm out.

Hopefully they'll pull me back in- but as one of you said- Hope is not a strategy. See you MF's at the Grammys.

definitely thinking about going the same route buick. i'm definitely not the "give up on the team type" but this is ridiculous. i don't think it's unfair to expect results by now. we've had two years of waiting. we're seeing the same problems with a new crop of better players. even the most adamant MDA supporters are now accepting that he may be to blame for the team's flaws. it's not too late for a turnaround, but it's still a major disappointment after all the anticipation of this season.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
11/15/2010  5:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2010  5:28 PM
Am I the only one to understand that a team made of 10 new players has to go through a lot of games to play good basketball ?

I've never expected them to play as a unit before halfway through this season. It's a process, and you guys aren't patient. It takes time, and they'll get there. They're young, athletic, and have loads of potential.

eViL
USA
11/15/2010  5:45 PM
FrenchKnicks wrote:Am I the only one to understand that a team made of 10 new players has to go through a lot of games to play good basketball ?

I've never expected them to play as a unit before halfway through this season. It's a process, and you guys aren't patient. It takes time, and they'll get there. They're young, athletic, and have loads of potential.

you are right. i'm not patient. i was patient for 2 years. now, when we are faced with inferior opponents with terrible records, i expect the team to win. i haven't given up. but i will not make any more excuses for the team. nor will i accept any more excuses. that being said, i'm always a knicks fan so i hope they turn it around before more of us go nuts. let's go knicks.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/15/2010  6:09 PM
eViL wrote:
FrenchKnicks wrote:Am I the only one to understand that a team made of 10 new players has to go through a lot of games to play good basketball ?

you are right. i'm not patient. i was patient for 2 years. now, when we are faced with inferior opponents with terrible records, i expect the team to win. i haven't given up. but i will not make any more excuses for the team. nor will i accept any more excuses. that being said, i'm always a knicks fan so i hope they turn it around before more of us go nuts. let's go knicks.

2 years? Try 6 years since we last made the playoffs, 10 years since we last won a playoff game and almost 40 years since we won a championship. We've seen worse than this, just look back at the Layden/Isiah years. But to each his own...

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/15/2010  6:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

2 years? Try 6 years since we last made the playoffs, 10 years since we last won a playoff game and almost 40 years since we won a championship. We've seen worse than this, just look back at the Layden/Isiah years. But to each his own...

Layden/Isiah years were worse?? really??...Layden teams were around .500...Isiah teams made it interesting until January...

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/15/2010  6:15 PM
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Layden/Isiah years were worse?? really??...Layden teams were around .500...Isiah teams made it interesting until January...

Defending Isiah now.

Nice.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/15/2010  6:18 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Defending Isiah now.

Nice.

And Layden...

Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/15/2010  6:19 PM
holfresh wrote:
Childs2Dudley wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Defending Isiah now.

Nice.

And Layden...

Yeah, because, you're like, really smart.

I would love to be capped out and terrible than have a nice team with flexibility that only needs a coaching change to get better.

You should join the MSG PR team.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2010  6:25 PM
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

the DW era doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over the Layden years so far to be honest... the Isiah/Marbury years were the darkest time in the history of this franchise, so nothing will ever compare to those days.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
11/15/2010  6:33 PM
TMS- You called it right earlier- Pimps only trade draft picks w/ the proverbial ho in hand. (My apologies for the crude vernacular)
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/15/2010  6:37 PM
TMS wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

the DW era doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over the Layden years so far to be honest... the Isiah/Marbury years were the darkest time in the history of this franchise, so nothing will ever compare to those days.

shannon anderson, howard eisly, and wetherspoon combine for more then half the payroll in the layden era. that was dark, but we still manage to win 37 games.

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/15/2010  7:10 PM
TMS wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Wasn't trying to compare the Isiah/Layden error (pun intended) to the here and now. Frankly its like comparing horse **** to pig ****. End of the day its all ****ty. My point was that its hard to believe he would stick around through the Isiah circus and decide that now its time to call it quits....

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/15/2010  7:19 PM
93BUICK wrote:93 BUICK is out until the team gets to .500, is fired or we make a big trade, I'm not watching THIS anymore. It's depressing and it wastes my time when I could be chasing Mrs.Buicks around.

I haven't watched a single game this season, and probably didn't see more than half a game all last season. (This year I canceled my cable, so it's not at all easy to catch the games.) I never was the most hardcore fan, but I did hang in there for about eight years before totally losing interest.

https:// It's not so hard.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/15/2010  7:21 PM

I know I'm not patient anymore. This really could be the time it's different, but this is what we've been hearing for each of the last 10 years. Hell, I remember saying it myself a few years ago.

https:// It's not so hard.
eViL
USA
11/16/2010  12:23 AM
when i said i was patient for 2 years, i really meant it in the context of d'antoni's coaching era. i wanted it to work so bad. i had my doubts. in fact, early in his first year i started the hilariously titled, "Knicks offense looks like it was designed by Antoine Walker" thread. it was not hard to see the potential flaws. but i'm an optimist and i find it more enjoyable to think things are going to go well.

that being said, i feel like it's now or never for duke. if he doesn't get this **** going now, how the hell can he stick around?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/16/2010  12:40 AM
I am enjoing Rangers and it took 4 years of transitional coaching with Mikes clone (it was juts offensivly limited guy) and dumpig him for real two-way coach to get things going.
It also took 4 years to cleanup the cap mess and build team up.
Knicks will not be good for another 2 years baring a miracle.
So it is OK to step out and save some nerves.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

11/16/2010  12:46 AM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

Defending Isiah now.

Nice.

Papabear Says

Good ol Zeke!! LOL

Papabear
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/16/2010  1:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TMS wrote:
Uptown wrote:
eViL wrote:

shannon anderson, howard eisly, and wetherspoon combine for more then half the payroll in the layden era. that was dark, but we still manage to win 37 games.

IMO in terms of talent assembled, DW has done a much better job than either Layden or Isiah up to this point... but the curious thing is that a team with Shanvis Eisleyspoon could very well manage to win more games than this current bunch with a bonafide superstar player & a very talented young supporting cast will this season... i have no other explanation for this other than to point to the coaching, & if it is in fact the coaching, then DW deserves a big part of the blame for ever hiring this coach to begin with... if it's not the coaching then i'd like someone to tell me why this team still plays like they don't know WTF they're doing out there on the floor on a nightly basis... even players that have played under this coach for the past 2+ years running still don't seem to know what they're doing out there... i've seen other teams full of rookies & 2nd year players play with more continuity & team chemistry than this bunch with coaches with a much less known name than D'Antoni... losing because we're lacking the talent to win i can deal with as long as the players are playing up to their potential, but i can't deal with losing games due to consistent underperformance... that just irks me to no end.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/16/2010  5:04 AM
TMS wrote:
IMO in terms of talent assembled, DW has done a much better job than either Layden or Isiah up to this point... but the curious thing is that a team with Shanvis Eisleyspoon could very well manage to win more games than this current bunch with a bonafide superstar player & a very talented young supporting cast will this season... i have no other explanation for this other than to point to the coaching, & if it is in fact the coaching, then DW deserves a big part of the blame for ever hiring this coach to begin with... if it's not the coaching then i'd like someone to tell me why this team still plays like they don't know WTF they're doing out there on the floor on a nightly basis... even players that have played under this coach for the past 2+ years running still don't seem to know what they're doing out there... i've seen other teams full of rookies & 2nd year players play with more continuity & team chemistry than this bunch with coaches with a much less known name than D'Antoni... losing because we're lacking the talent to win i can deal with as long as the players are playing up to their potential, but i can't deal with losing games due to consistent underperformance... that just irks me to no end.

Yep, I don't blame DW at all (he's made a few mistakes)- the problem is any player we get turns to garbage upon putting on a Knicks uniform- is it their fault? The coaches? The media? The pressure we put on them? I've no idea.

I understand why people are giving up so soon- it's just the culmination of the past 10 years. I can take losing games, but losing them the way we're losing them, in exactly the same way- the lack of effort, the bone headed play, the one quarter no shows, the inability to execute the most basic plays, the lack of toughness, the lack of pride, pathetic coaching, etc etc- it's just hard to root for a team like this. It kind of feels like, if they're not going to bother to show up and put their heart and soul in it, then why should we.

Of course having said that, I can never actually give up on the team- I keep hoping they might turn things around- I guess thats whats so difficult.

I'm out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy