[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade KT
Author Thread
XMAN007
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #60
11/3/2001  7:00 PM
We should trade KT b/c he's probably reached his potential and could get good value in return. Kurt has had his moments but is better suited to the bench b/c he picks up too many fouls. We could use him in part of package for Mark Jackson. We would probably have to bring in a 3rd team b/c GS has too many PF/C guys. This would allow us to move Camby back to the 4.

Another option is trading him n Houston after Dec. 15 for a legit big man. Although Houston will be very difficult to deal...

We could also use him in a deal for Wallace.
Come strong or not at all!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2001  7:06 PM
Though i like Thomas a lot, i would trade him now in the right deal. Right now, i think the deal that makes the most sense is KT to Denver for Raef LaFrentz. He's not getting along to well with his coach and Denver recently decided not to pick up the option on LaFrentz and let him test the free agent market next summer. Plus they have Williams who could always shift to center. According to Realgm trade checker, Thomas for LaFrentz works cap-wise straight up and i would even throw in a pick to complete the deal. Starting Camby and LaFrentz up front with Weatherspoon and Harrington coming off the bench would be a pretty tough team to stop.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
11/3/2001  7:35 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Though i like Thomas a lot, i would trade him now in the right deal. Right now, i think the deal that makes the most sense is KT to Denver for Raef LaFrentz. He's not getting along to well with his coach and Denver recently decided not to pick up the option on LaFrentz and let him test the free agent market next summer. Plus they have Williams who could always shift to center. According to Realgm trade checker, Thomas for LaFrentz works cap-wise straight up and i would even throw in a pick to complete the deal. Starting Camby and LaFrentz up front with Weatherspoon and Harrington coming off the bench would be a pretty tough team to stop.

God that's a great idea. I heard about the feud between Issel and LaFrentz (on realgm.com) and Denver may be willing to ship him after all instead of losing him for nothing. But one thing I'm worried about is LaFrentz's play, he hasn't shown much this year (although in just 2 games).
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2001  8:22 PM
He had a great pre-season, but ever since the fight, things have been shakey to start his season. He would play well under a different system.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
11/5/2001  12:33 PM
LaFrenz is worth way more than KT. Issel will deal with it since there is no McDyess. Denver isnt that stupud. Knicks should pull a 3 team deal for either Ratliff or Olawakandi. That wont be cheap but we have to do it.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/5/2001  12:36 PM
Posted by falcindor:

LaFrenz is worth way more than KT. Issel will deal with it since there is no McDyess. Denver isnt that stupud. Knicks should pull a 3 team deal for either Ratliff or Olawakandi. That wont be cheap but we have to do it.

I don't think Ratliff is available. Don't know why the Hawks would want to get rid of him. Olawakandi might be available, but I think the Clips would want to see the season went before shipping him out. I agree that LaFrenz is way more valuable than KT even if the numbers don't support it.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/5/2001  1:19 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Last year the deal was on the table - Raef for KT, Issel proposed it, JVG shot it down. So instead Denver did Keon Clark for Kevin Willis. But Denver needs more frontcourt help now that McDyess is out, and would probably be willing to swing KT for Raef again. Or even Harrington for Raef... I'd do that faster (from a knicks' fan's point of view). I think they'd want us to take some more of their junk back though, like Tariq Abdul Wahad. I don't know if i'd take him, as he's absolutely trash, but maybe. I guess we could send them Travis Knight, but his contract ends way before Wahad's does.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
11/5/2001  1:51 PM
since when has KT been a better front court player. KT plays like a girl. hes scared to bang with big boys..
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/5/2001  2:34 PM
Posted by falcindor:

since when has KT been a better front court player. KT plays like a girl. hes scared to bang with big boys..
Maybe so, but he has D'ed up on Shaq quite often, who is the biggest of them all.
XMAN007
Member: #60
11/7/2001  12:11 PM
Lafrenz would be a solid addition but it would take more than KT. Possibly a pick (which we never use or it amounts to Frederic Weis) or Postell.

Trading our garbage (Knight) for theirs doesn't make much sense unless it is for salary cap purposes.
Come strong or not at all!
Trade KT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy