[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-2) vs. Washington Wizards (1-2) - Friday, November 5, 2010 - 7:30 PM EST
Author Thread
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/6/2010  2:40 PM
eViL wrote:
Childs2Dudley wrote:evil, get off my dck..seriously.

listen you emotionally imbalanced scrub. if you gonna be on here pouting like a bitch every time something wack happens, you gonna get made fun of for it. so suck it up and take your lumps. they gonna be 4-14 right? hahahaha!!! you know so much about basketball. hahahahaha!!!!

Are you 12 yeas old bro? Grow up and stop acting like a tool and a clown. It's hard to act like both simultaneously but you did a good job with it.

Take my lumps for what? Because I said my opinion a few games ago when they were playing poorly? They were playing poorly. Ain't nothing else to it. It's been 5 games, not 77. An improvement in the last 2 games but still nothing for me to be sitting here doing cartwheels about.

I never said I hate the team or want it to lose. Don't confuse criticism with "bitching". Just because you don't like to hear it doesn't mean it's anything else. Again, another area where you need to act your age.

I said the team is RELIANT on the 3 ball, Dr. fishmike with the PhD. I didn't say anything else. I said they rely too much on the 3 pointer and they still have not figured out their offense enough to do anything when it's not going in. The 2 losses we had were a result of an offense that was out of sync because we could not shoot the 3 well (before the Bulls game we were 29% from 3). What changed in the last 2 games is that they are hitting much better from 3 point range. That has improved their overall offense but they still have ways to go in terms of screens, pick and rolls, cutting and other plays. They have played with more cohesion in the first half of the Bulls game and last nights entire game. I am happy to see that ant ope it continues.

My prediction was 4-14. By all intents and purposes I will probably be wrong. I said I hope I'm proven wrong when I made the prediction and I am ecstatic to be proven wrong. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I've always done it. This is nothing new. But my complaints for the first 3 games of the season were valid. It feels fun watching games again and it's the first time in a long time I actually truly care about the team.

But I'm not coming to this forum anymore if I'm going to have tools like evil pulling lame stunts like this. Not now, not ever. It's old and takes away from the forum discussion. Call it banning myself if you'd like. All I know is I'm done here. Later.

Let's go Knicks!

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/6/2010  2:59 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
eViL wrote:

listen you emotionally imbalanced scrub. if you gonna be on here pouting like a bitch every time something wack happens, you gonna get made fun of for it. so suck it up and take your lumps. they gonna be 4-14 right? hahahaha!!! you know so much about basketball. hahahahaha!!!!

Are you 12 yeas old bro? Grow up and stop acting like a tool and a clown. It's hard to act like both simultaneously but you did a good job with it.

Take my lumps for what? Because I said my opinion a few games ago when they were playing poorly? They were playing poorly. Ain't nothing else to it. It's been 5 games, not 77. An improvement in the last 2 games but still nothing for me to be sitting here doing cartwheels about.

I never said I hate the team or want it to lose. Don't confuse criticism with "bitching". Just because you don't like to hear it doesn't mean it's anything else. Again, another area where you need to act your age.

I said the team is RELIANT on the 3 ball, Dr. fishmike with the PhD. I didn't say anything else. I said they rely too much on the 3 pointer and they still have not figured out their offense enough to do anything when it's not going in. The 2 losses we had were a result of an offense that was out of sync because we could not shoot the 3 well (before the Bulls game we were 29% from 3). What changed in the last 2 games is that they are hitting much better from 3 point range. That has improved their overall offense but they still have ways to go in terms of screens, pick and rolls, cutting and other plays. They have played with more cohesion in the first half of the Bulls game and last nights entire game. I am happy to see that ant ope it continues.

My prediction was 4-14. By all intents and purposes I will probably be wrong. I said I hope I'm proven wrong when I made the prediction and I am ecstatic to be proven wrong. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I've always done it. This is nothing new. But my complaints for the first 3 games of the season were valid. It feels fun watching games again and it's the first time in a long time I actually truly care about the team.

But I'm not coming to this forum anymore if I'm going to have tools like evil pulling lame stunts like this. Not now, not ever. It's old and takes away from the forum discussion. Call it banning myself if you'd like. All I know is I'm done here. Later.

Let's go Knicks!

the schoolyard gang mentality that proliferates on this forum is laughable... you're not allowed to voice any honest concerns you have over this team or else you get labelled a hater regardless of what your comments actually entail... it's a shame that posters are driven away from posting on this forum because they get shat on anytime they post something that isn't in line with someone else's point of view.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Olbrannon
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2919
USA
11/6/2010  3:10 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:I am now 3-1 in game threads.

I guess I'll make the next one again.

Please do

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
11/6/2010  3:30 PM
when someone says they know more about basketball than anyone else on the forum and they also predict that the knicks are gonna go 4-14 to start the year, they deserve to be mocked. end of story. sorry if it hurts your feelings.

ps: not really sorry.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/6/2010  3:39 PM
eViL wrote:when someone says they know more about basketball than anyone else on the forum

i must have missed that one... don't remember C2D ever saying that.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/6/2010  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2010  6:50 PM
Wasn't going to reply but I have to defend myself against slander.

I never said I know more basketball than anyone else on this forum.

Childs2Dudley wrote:Is it wrong to think I understand basketball more than some people who are jumping for joy at this victory while I'm not?

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=36863&page=9

This is exactly what I said in the context of people overly-praising a win I thought was mediocre because of good first half play and poor second half play. I wasn't jumping for joy at the victory but I was still happy to get a victory. I just thought they needed to improve and that their victory contained some serious flaws that still needed to be corrected. Nobody else took offense to my quote (more than a few people responded to it with basic discussion) and there was no reason to take offense to it. Maybe it came off the wrong way but I was referring to random people from this forum and other forums/places that had people acting way too enthusiastic after the win considering our second half performance. One guy on another forum even said he wouldn't trade Toney Douglas for Chris Paul after the Bulls game.

The bottom line is don't talk trash about me, especially if it's false trash. I know what I say, how I say it and what I mean by it. I can handle criticism but wont take insults for no reason.

You didn't hurt my feelings. All you did was make yourself look like an ass and turn a discussion into an insult-fest. Nice job.

Now I'm done with this garbage. This forum clearly isn't for discussion any longer with some of the people lurking around.

Take care and good luck to our team.

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
11/6/2010  4:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/6/2010  4:15 PM
oh ok. i gotcha. you get to decide how enthusiastic people are allowed to be about wins, but when someone mocks you in a tongue-in-cheek manner, it's "get off my dick" and then when someone lays into you a little bit more, it's "i'm never posting again." i see.

ATTENTION POSTERS: in the future, before you decide whether to be happy that your team won a game, please consult with C2D and he will inform you of the appropriate course of action. hahaha!!!

i missed the part where it says that when you are excited over a knicks win that it means you think the team is perfect and has no room for improvement. i guess that's part of knowing more about basketball. apparently, in your mind, either people can mope about a win in which we hit a ton of big shots OR they are "doing cartwheels." i guess someone can't just be happy with the win and keep their criticism to themselves with hopes that the team will address the obvious flaws. hate to break it to you, your observations aren't special. i think most people here know that amare's turnovers will eventually hurt us and that we won't be bailed out by great shooting all the time. that's not some brilliant epiphany.

however, by contrast, if another team had shot 70% from three against us, it would have been all about our bad defense. but when we hit 70% from three, it's all about how lucky we are.

for the record, i was just being humorous. you're the one who introduced hostility to the mix. not that i care about that stuff. to me this is fun. i guess to others it's serious business. to each their own.

check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/6/2010  4:25 PM
Childs2Dudley wrote:
eViL wrote:

Let's go Knicks!

well thats a good post and I like it. I disagree though, I think whats making this team good is they are reliant on defense, blocking shots and creating turnovers. Obviously the three has been big in the last couple games, but I dont see the 3 as bailing them out in any way shape or form. They are manning up on the boards, playing great D and getting after it on every possesion. They are also balancing the 3 with attacking the basket and TD and Felton are not settling for the 3, they are getting a lot of layups blowing by defenders who THINK they will settle for the 3. Just my 2 cents.

Go start another gamethread for Phili... your rocking and rollin amigo

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2010  4:39 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Went to the game last night. Not sure if it was the carbombs n beers or the great sharing of the ball but that was a helluva lot of fun.

hmmm carbombs. wait, did me and you do shots or carbombs at last BRIGGS get-together? I was a little fuzzy when first meeting everyone.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2010  4:43 PM
Is the fact that we hit a lot of 3's or that we take a lot of 3's somehow NEWS? That's the style of ball that Mike plays. When you do it right you see a ton of wins ie. 62 wins WCF's. This is the style we play, but it's not just about 3's. There's a method to the madness and the reason his teams have hit for high %'s has to do with how we get those 3's. It amazes me how much people seem to think what Mike does is somehow a fluke. We may not have the same roster as the Suns, but his system will still lead to similar good things when the talent is right.

We don't have the right PG's to really run the offense, but he's making good use of their skills and it should get better. This is his defense on steriods. History shows his defenses play the passing lanes and move to shut down penetration and we have the personnel to do that better than he's ever had a team do it before. These things are no accident. Mike and Donnie worked hard to put together a better roster and fix the problems we've had in the past and so far I LOVE IT! Who could imagine we'd lead the league in Blocks?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/6/2010  6:44 PM
Chandler dunk

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-2) vs. Washington Wizards (1-2) - Friday, November 5, 2010 - 7:30 PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy