[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-2) vs. Washington Wizards (1-2) - Friday, November 5, 2010 - 7:30 PM EST
Author Thread
Childs2Dudley
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #3051
USA
11/5/2010  2:48 PM
Game Thread record thus far: 2-1

VS.

Starting Lineups

Head coach

Head coach

Notes

Eddy Curry is still fat and not playing due to a hamstring injury.
Anthony Randolph has recovered from a sprained ankle and will likely play in this game.
Kelena Azubuike is out recovering from a knee injury.
Gilbert Arenas is making his return in this game.
Kirk Heinrich is now on the Wizards.
John Wall is averaging 23 and 10 coming into this game.
Wizards are not a good team.
Knicks must win.

*Lineups are subject to change

"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Member: #2788

11/5/2010  2:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2010  2:59 PM
Gallo will score a lot of points, maybe more than last night.
Moz will continue to stymie the bigs on other teams. Soon they will be trying to adjust to his tenacity.
Rony will be terrific in his role. What a great pickup on so many levels.
Amare will have a better game than last night. The man is too proud to keep giving up the rock like he has.
RayRay will continue to develop his game, hopefully focus more on P&R, less on long-range shots.
AR will play some inconsequential minutes. He's the one we should trade as he's a project. Let's keep Gallo!
Chandler will score and play solid D.
Douglas rocks the cazbah.

Knicks win by double digits at home. Nobody gets Mesothelioma.

Isaiah was, is, and always will be a major league DOUCHE BAG!

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/5/2010  2:56 PM
JaVale McGee was the most dominating player on the floor during th pre-season matchup between these teams, but he only played 15 minutes due to foul trouble.

I think Arenas playing tonight actually helps the Knicks.

russbengtson

#fingagunz RT @bergenadamek: Wizards saying Gilbert Arenas to make regular season debut against Knicks tonight. 45 minutes ago via TweetDeck Retweeted by HowardBeckNYT

Other things to watch out for:

John Wall's regular season Garden debut

Anthony Randolph's regular season Garden debut as a Knick

¿ △ ?
Childs2Dudley
USA
11/5/2010  3:28 PM
Bumping for real GT.
"Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us." - Earl Nightingale
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/5/2010  3:42 PM
John Wall is the fastest player i've ever seen going from 1 end of the court to the other dribbling the basketball... the kid is awesome to watch & is already displaying the kind of natural PG instincts that some people were concerned they might not see out of him... he needs to cut down on his turnovers, but his natural knack for knowing what to do w/the ball once he gets it in his hands is terrific for such a young player... i think it's only a matter of time before he becomes the best PG in the NBA... if i had to start an NBA franchise right now, he'd be my #1 pick at the position (even though guys like D Will, CP3, Nash, Rondo & Rose might be better than he is right now).

Ray Felton's got a tough task ahead of him trying to cover this kid... i expect to see a lot of Toney Douglas matching up against Wall in this game on the defensive end.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/5/2010  3:47 PM
TMS wrote:John Wall is the fastest player i've ever seen going from 1 end of the court to the other dribbling the basketball... the kid is awesome to watch & is already displaying the kind of natural PG instincts that some people were concerned they might not see out of him... he needs to cut down on his turnovers, but his natural knack for knowing what to do w/the ball once he gets it in his hands is terrific for such a young player... i think it's only a matter of time before he becomes the best PG in the NBA... if i had to start an NBA franchise right now, he'd be my #1 pick at the position (even though guys like D Will, CP3, Nash, Rondo & Rose might be better than he is right now).

Ray Felton's got a tough task ahead of him trying to cover this kid... i expect to see a lot of Toney Douglas matching up against Wall in this game on the defensive end.

You can't guard the guy one on one. At least not consistently for now. You're just going to have to have the rest of the team and shotblockers be prepared for his dribble penetration and be ready to get back to the shooters.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2010  3:55 PM
They're not allowed to punish people who take it to the rim like the 80s Knicks did but they can remind them a little that it won't be easy. There were some drives last night that they just watched. Can't have that.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
11/5/2010  4:11 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
TMS wrote:John Wall is the fastest player i've ever seen going from 1 end of the court to the other dribbling the basketball... the kid is awesome to watch & is already displaying the kind of natural PG instincts that some people were concerned they might not see out of him... he needs to cut down on his turnovers, but his natural knack for knowing what to do w/the ball once he gets it in his hands is terrific for such a young player... i think it's only a matter of time before he becomes the best PG in the NBA... if i had to start an NBA franchise right now, he'd be my #1 pick at the position (even though guys like D Will, CP3, Nash, Rondo & Rose might be better than he is right now).

You can't guard the guy one on one. At least not consistently for now. You're just going to have to have the rest of the team and shotblockers be prepared for his dribble penetration and be ready to get back to the shooters.

The positive spin, is that we just faced off against probably the 2nd fastest PG in the league last night so we're ready. The other positive is Agent Zero coming back and reacclimating himself into the offense should slow Wall's mojo.

lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
TMS
USA
11/5/2010  4:13 PM
kam77 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

The positive spin, is that we just faced off against probably the 2nd fastest PG in the league last night so we're ready. The other positive is Agent Zero coming back and reacclimating himself into the offense should slow Wall's mojo.

if we let John Wall go off for 24 & 14 like Rose did last nite, then we better be sinking those 3's again to have any hope of winning this game.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Olbrannon
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2919
USA
11/5/2010  4:18 PM
TMS wrote:
kam77 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

if we let John Wall go off for 24 & 14 like Rose did last nite, then we better be sinking those 3's again to have any hope of winning this game.

I have a difficult time believing those guys play defense like Boston, Chicago etc....they have been a -10 in PF/PA so far.

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/5/2010  4:29 PM
TMS wrote:
kam77 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:

maybe...

we can still win if wall has a big game without draining mad 3s.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
11/5/2010  4:42 PM
I just hope we can keep 2 things up: Scoring and promising signs of Defense. We won't hit 70% from 3 every night but if we can score like we have been and show max effort on D I think other things such as holding leads and getting STAT used to his new situation will come. I just hope this cach can put it all together. Tonight is a game we should really win if we're for real.
TMS
USA
11/5/2010  4:55 PM
MSG3 wrote:Tonight is a game we should really win if we're for real.

i agree... we can't let this be a letdown game after a good win last night... if the Knicks want to be legit, they have to learn how to beat the teams they're supposed to beat on a consistent basis... beating the Wizards would be a good start.

TMac
Member: #3160

11/5/2010  5:19 PM
Wall is definitely someone to look out for in this game... http://www.msg.com/blogs/nicholas-mancini/knicks-have-a-point-to-prove-vs-rose-and-wall-1.53612
I don't think there will be a problem unless somebody wants to make a problem, ... If they really want to make a problem, they're going to have to make a decision about how they want to spend their adult life in terms of playing in the NBA or not.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2010  5:25 PM
TMac wrote:Wall is definitely someone to look out for in this game... http://www.msg.com/blogs/nicholas-mancini/knicks-have-a-point-to-prove-vs-rose-and-wall-1.53612

understatement of the year

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
11/5/2010  5:59 PM
AR's second game. Will be interesting to see how he gets worked in (if he gets worked in) as the season progresses.
Had enough Melo?
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/5/2010  7:44 PM
damn i got listen to the wiz commentators
ES
ScoreBot
11/5/2010  7:45 PM
1st Qtr 11:25
NYK 0 WAS 2
ScoreBot
11/5/2010  7:50 PM
1st Qtr 7:17
NYK 12 WAS 12
Childs2Dudley
USA
11/5/2010  7:52 PM
No defense being played.

Mozgov swishing.

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2-2) vs. Washington Wizards (1-2) - Friday, November 5, 2010 - 7:30 PM EST

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy