[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

misterearl in heaven... "most interesting man in the world" looks like he may be our starting center
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/25/2010  2:33 AM
93BUICK wrote:I can't wait until we play France! Hello Game-picker!

lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
9/25/2010  9:12 AM
What Time Is It?

In May, 34 air traffic controllers were immediately terminated for merely mentioning the coordinates of Mozgov's flight before his secret workout.

Eddy Curry values what little remains of his reputation. He WILL pull a hamstring pulling his practice shorts on rather than matchup with Mozgov.

(time for the most interesting Knicks player in the world)

once a knick always a knick
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
9/25/2010  9:50 AM
well you would expect his confidence to be high after his showing in the worlds.

we'll see, but you definitely can observe potential to be our starting center at some point.

clearly what happens during camp will decide things.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
9/25/2010  1:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2010  1:54 PM
93BUICK wrote:I can't wait until we play France! Hello Game-picker!

here's mozgov against former top 5 picks lamar odom, kevin love, and ty chandler in an elimination game. not an "international friendly" but a game that mattered. mozgov more than held his own. he also showed more emotion than i've seen in the career of fat ed. this guy is no joke i think he can contribute at the nba level.

#Knickstaps
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/25/2010  2:17 PM
He sure has size under that hoop. I like that last play where he gets the ball under the net but the defenders can't do anything but put their hands up as Mosgov is just too big. Imagine the affect he is going to have with his speed and athleticism and running with a pg like Felton...

He is going to surprise a lot of people this year, bank on it. Let's just hope he learns to use less body when going up on defense, that is where he gets into his foul trouble.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
9/25/2010  7:12 PM
Big Smooth- that video is great- If he gives that kind of presence this team could really be good.
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
misterearl
USA
9/27/2010  11:40 AM
... he is...

Mozgov's basketball IQ is so high that he has a capital "A" on his jersey for Assistant Coach

D'Antoni said. "But one thing I do know, once he's got it, he's got it. Once he understands it, he's a very smart basketball player.''

In game adjustments? Nyet. Mozgov makes pre game adjustments, four days in advance.

"He's adjusted quickly,'' Stoudemire said. "I'm very surprised how good he really is. He's going to be force if he keeps studying and working the way he has been.''

The Knicks hired a translator for Mozgov, in three hours the translator hailed Donnie Walsh by exclaiming, "Yo Son!"

"Down the road, his English will be perfect,'' D'Antoni added. "His English will be great in two months. He'll pick it up like that.

Mozgov trains the guys who train the guys who do those tv infomercials for high intensity training

D'Antoni said of Mozgov, "He's an athlete.''

Mozgov wears an XXXXXXXXXL, and it's a little snug around the shoulders

"...(Mozgov) makes No. 1 Ronny Turiaf look like a small forward when they stand together."

martin
USA
9/27/2010  11:54 AM
misterearl wrote:... he is...

Mozgov's basketball IQ is so high that he has a capital "A" on his jersey for Assistant Coach

D'Antoni said. "But one thing I do know, once he's got it, he's got it. Once he understands it, he's a very smart basketball player.''

In game adjustments? Nyet. Mozgov makes pre game adjustments, four days in advance.

"He's adjusted quickly,'' Stoudemire said. "I'm very surprised how good he really is. He's going to be force if he keeps studying and working the way he has been.''

The Knicks hired a translator for Mozgov, in three hours the translator hailed Donnie Walsh by exclaiming, "Yo Son!"

"Down the road, his English will be perfect,'' D'Antoni added. "His English will be great in two months. He'll pick it up like that.

Mozgov trains the guys who train the guys who do those tv infomercials for high intensity training

D'Antoni said of Mozgov, "He's an athlete.''

Mozgov wears an XXXXXXXXXL, and it's a little snug around the shoulders

"...(Mozgov) makes No. 1 Ronny Turiaf look like a small forward when they stand together."

nice. thought you would go with: In game adjustments? Nyet. The game adjusts to Mozgov.

misterearl
USA
9/27/2010  1:10 PM
Suck Up To The Hardworking Host Alert

martin - your edit upgrade has been noted

With that said, I cannot wait for the first annual Russian Vodka Night at The Garden

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/27/2010  1:12 PM
misterearl wrote:Suck Up To The Hardworking Host Alert

With that said, I cannot wait for the first annual Russian Vodka Night at The Garden

neither can arkrud.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/27/2010  1:54 PM
Marv wrote:

neither can arkrud.

oh man... he aint the only one
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
9/27/2010  2:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
Marv wrote:

neither can arkrud.

oh man... he aint the only one

Im more of a whiskey guy these days but i'll show for that night

Olbrannon
Member: #2919
USA
9/29/2010  8:16 PM
The most interesting man in the world has drawn interest from ESPN's Chris Sheridan

At the time this entry was posted, the Knicks were 38,000 feet above the ground flying to Milan, Italy. And they also were sky high on their new 7-foot-1 center, Timofey Mozgov, whoI wrote about today in a training camp wrapup column for the ESPNNewYork site.

You may or may not recall thatLamar Odom nicknamed Mozgov "Wilt Chamberlain" earlier this month in Turkey as Team USA was preparing to play Russia in the quarterfinals of the World Championship, and it remains to be seen whether that nickname sticks now that "Mozgov on the Hudson" is about to open on West 33rd Street.

What also remains to be seen is how much longer we'll be able to enjoy the humorous Twitter posts being put up by a Mozgov imposter. (Sample: Bear meet and toast = brekfast of champiuns,. Ready for war at praktis b4 we head 2 Italy. Ya gotova!!!!) The Knicks' front office folks are already trying to have the account closed down

and in another.

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- On the final day of training camp Wednesday, one of the newest Knicks knocked down a 17-footer from the corner, finished a post move with a soft left-handed touch shot, threw a behind-the-back pass off the dribble to an open teammate on the perimeter, then dove onto the floor to save a ball from going out of bounds.

This all happened in the space of about 10 minutes, a combination of skill, hustle and agility rarely seen over the past, lost decade that has defined the New York Knicks as one of the NBA's perennial losers.

The player making the plays?

No, it was not Amare Stoudemire, the new alpha dog on an almost totally revamped roster.

Nor was it Raymond Felton, the new co-captain and floor general.

They were the moves of 7-foot-1 rookie Russian center Timofey Mozgov, who coach Mike D'Antoni has singled out as the biggest surprise of training camp.

full article 2 @http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=5630564

Sheridan goes on to expound much more. Including comment on that fella out west. Of course that man is of far less interest.

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
Bippity10
Member: #574
9/29/2010  8:41 PM
ESPN finally catching on.
I just hope that people will like me
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2010  8:53 PM
when do we start blasting Donnie for underpaying him and fear he leaves in 3 years?
martin
USA
9/29/2010  9:02 PM
Nalod wrote:when do we start blasting Donnie for underpaying him and fear he leaves in 3 years?

we are not yet done pining for Melo. First things first.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/29/2010  9:47 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:when do we start blasting Donnie for underpaying him and fear he leaves in 3 years?

we are not yet done pining for Melo. First things first.

HaHa, good stuff!

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/1/2010  4:04 PM
More praises

(Big C) As Knicks fans are still wondering how good Timofey Mozgov is, one player on the team has given Mozgov his stamp of approval. That player is Danilo Gallinari.

During a recent sit down with Danilo Gallinari he was asked who impressed him the most in training camp. Danilo replied Mozgov

“Everyone knows Raymond and everyone knows Amar’e. And everyone knows what they can do. And they have been showing it in every practice. I’m not impressed by them because I know that they are great players. I’m impressed by Timofey. I watched him playing on the Russian team and in practice. I think he has a really good game. He’s huge, he’s long, he can run, he can jump, and he knows how to play the game. All these things makes him a great player. And I think he is going to improve a lot. I think he can help us a lot. I think he is going to surprise people.”-Danilo Gallinari

I have also been impressed with Mozgov’s game. In training camp I saw him run the floor just as good as everyone else on the team. In fact, I do not recall Mozgov showing any signs of fatigue.

Everything from defensive drills, and dribbling between cones, to running with a medicine ball; Mozgov was doing it all. Even after the killer workouts in training camp Mozgov stayed late working out with Herb Williams on his offensive game.

Even though Mozgov still has work to do on his jumper, he has a nice backshot off the glass. In fact Mozgov, despite his young age, already has the bank shot locked down on the rightside of the court.

Mozgov is the perfect fit for Mike D'Antoni's system. He runs in transition and he is good at playing the pick and roll game. One area that I do think Mozgov is weak at is his rebounding. However, in every training camp practice I saw Mozgov was solid at getting on the boards. He is a good passer out of the post.

Even though he has to get better at posting up he still knows how to get around his man. In training camp there was a play that Mozgov took Amar'e to the hole strong. If it was not for Randolph fouling Mozgov that could have been the highlight play of this year's training camp.

At the end of the day Mozgov could be a good contributor this season playing center. After all who does not want a big man that can run and play defense?

This is where Ewing could have been ideal (especially with the bigs we now have) i have very little faith in Herb bringing out the best in anyone..

ES
Paladin55
Member: #2098

10/1/2010  5:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:More praises

This is where Ewing could have been ideal (especially with the bigs we now have) i have very little faith in Herb bringing out the best in anyone..

I am not the biggest Herb W fan in terms of teaching our big men, but I'm not sure that Ewing has helped his rep as a big man coach given Howard's continued offensive mediocrity in the post.

I would have hired Kevin McHale, if feasible, as a tutor for some of the Knicks who wanted to improve their inside games. A slap in the face of Herb, I suppose, but... .

It's good to hear that Mosguv has developed a bank shot, probably the most underused type of shot in the NBA, and that he seems to be putting more effort into the few practices he has had as a Knick than Curry has generated since he came to NY.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities- C.N. Bovee
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

10/1/2010  5:28 PM
All this talent and we have him working out with Herbie? I want my Centers to be mean and nasty don't need no love bug.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
misterearl in heaven... "most interesting man in the world" looks like he may be our starting center

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy