[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mozgov nice Highlights vs Greece Sep 2 in WC!!
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/4/2010  7:22 AM
Pavvy wrote:it looks like you guys have baptized him to Drago heheee

The is because everything he hits, he destroys.

AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/4/2010  9:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:BERMAN ON TWITTER

Milicic got his hackles up when asked if he thinks he will return if he excels in practice.

"The NBA is not like that," Milicic said. "That's what I learned in Detroit. You can be bleeping Michael Jordan in practice, you're still not going to play in the game. They used to tell me in Detroit, show me in practice what I can do. I showed and showed. But then I didn't play. Practice is practice. The game is the game. Coach has his guys he wants to play he thinks is going to make this team a winning team."

Problem is, the Knicks (3-13) aren't winning and Curry is hurt again, his comeback stalled after four games.

Curry missed the final two games of the 0-3 Western trip because of a sore left knee. The Knicks return home to face the Magic tonight at the Garden at 6:00 and Curry is questionable.

Orlando is one of Milicic's former teams and where he had his best seasons.

"I needed some time to adjust to this kind of offense running up and down and just shooting," said Milicic, whom the Knicks obtained on draft night for Quentin Richardson. "I was trying to adjust and I was trying to do my best."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/darko_days_on_bench_jJ9ZZh4n0YtwB3HaoD9y5H#ixzz0rO0Q2144
I guess if you can't adjust in 71 minutes you are done with D'Antoni. It brings up the question, how were SVG and Rambis able to motivate a slug like Darko when the guy everyone wants to play for couldn't and the Knicks ended up having to dump him for Brian Cardinal.

Also, I would hesitate to call a vet in a new situation scared. Darko never got minutes after the tenth game of the season and never really got minutes before that. Less than ten minutes a game isn't for 8 games isn't really giving a guy a chance. I think there were personality issues and a basketball philosophy issue that kept Darko out.

Milicic has attitude problems. He hasn't stuck anywhere he's been, but I guess that's Mike D'antoni's fault? Give me a break. Maybe he will pan out in Minnesota, but under no circumstances am I going to blame cause Darko could gel with the squad...

This is the Randle.
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
9/4/2010  9:53 AM
I know some hate to admit it. But Isaiah has that eye for talent..
Didn't Isaiah scout this guy?
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Gymkata
Member: #3169

9/4/2010  9:54 AM
[IMG_block] http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/hoggetnh1/moz2.jpg [/IMG_block]
"I can not say all the secrets."
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/4/2010  9:59 AM
Gymkata wrote:[IMG_block] http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/hoggetnh1/moz2.jpg [/IMG_block]

LMAO
If he dies, he dies

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
9/4/2010  10:05 AM
I don't know if he will be able to play in the NBA. He seems to be a Physical player and there is no place in the NBA for Physical players. Probably picks up 5 fouls in 5 minutes.
iSergio
Member: #3043
USA
9/4/2010  10:15 AM
Gymkata wrote:[IMG_block] http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu192/hoggetnh1/moz2.jpg [/IMG_block]

LMAO!!

iSergio
Member: #3043
USA
9/4/2010  10:15 AM
Please be as good as Robin Lopez.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

9/4/2010  10:27 AM
nixluva wrote:THANKS PAV! The kid looks REALLY good. The more I see of him the better I feel. He's really quick and agile for a 7'er. He knows how to move and get in position to score. His D looks decent and shotblocking is very good. Can't tell what kind of rebounder he is, but his offensive game looks ready for Mike's system. I liked that little high arching jumper he hit

+1. Good assessment Nix. Welcome to the board btw Pav. Thanks for posting this.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
9/4/2010  10:50 AM
akrud and others - I understand you think the stereo type is cute but...

Mozgov is no Drago

why not use your basketball critical thinking skills to evaluate:

1. how he keeps his hands up on defense, even while adjusting to his opponent at close range

2. his lateral quickness

3. his abilty to catch and turn in traffic

4. Mozgov's learning curve in the NBA

5. His motor and other potential intangibles, such as New York fan affection the first time he dunks in traffic off the dribble

"he is...."

once a knick always a knick
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/4/2010  11:30 AM
Funny thing is remember when everyone was complaining cuz we didn't have any foreign players? It was such a big thing back then cuz there seemed to be a new Euro Star popping up on every team. Now it's like some of the luster has worn off cuz there hasn't been a guy bigger than Dirk, but overall the talent from other countries has been pretty good. I think there was concern about Gallo and whether his Euro experience was equivalent to NCAA level or D League. I think what we saw from Gallo is pretty much what he really can do. I don't think we were offbase on our assessments of his talent level. Now with Timo I think our eyes aren't fooling us either. He actually looks like a solid young prospect and I can't wait to see him play and start to get acclimated.

The one positive is that like Gallo, Mike really does favor a more Euro style of play and I think it can help the adjustment period. By mid season Timo might be showing a good comfort level. I thought Darko would fit for the same reasons, but perhaps LB and all the other failed stops messed his head up and he no longer plays like a Euro. Complaining about running and shooting seems counter to what most Euro bigs would say about playing for Mike. I mean Mike is a legend in Europe. It's not like no one from there knows what he's about and what to expect. Aside from the jump in talent Timo will likely have more trouble on the Defensive end than on offense IMO.

bernard
Member: #475
9/4/2010  11:51 AM
Anyone know anything about Greece's center? Mozy looked awfully quick and agile, but Greece being a "powerhouse" notwithstanding, the guy he was going against looked awfully slow and stiff. Hard to evaluate if Mozgov was so good or his opponent so bad. That said, what impresses me most about this kid is his aggressiveness. I love that he's always looking to dunk or take it to the hoop. Playing with Amar'e will only reinforce these excellent instincts.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/4/2010  12:23 PM
Vmart wrote:I don't know if he will be able to play in the NBA. He seems to be a Physical player and there is no place in the NBA for Physical players. Probably picks up 5 fouls in 5 minutes.

There is going to be an adjustment period for someone like Timo, but this is nothing surprising. He does body up nicely though, without using his hands and arms like Curry does.

Can he be physical like Dwight Howard or Shaq or will he be a Sam Dalembert hack a center?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
9/4/2010  7:18 PM
Just As No Two Fingerprints Are Alike, The Answer Man Despises Player Comparisons

Q. martin - Can he be physical like Dwight Howard or Shaq or will he be a Sam Dalembert hack a center?

A. Fuggadabout Shaq, Dwight, Dalembert, Patrick, Wes Unseld, Kareem, and Moose and Squirrel. Mozgov will be Mozgov. He needs to adapt to a new country, new city, new condo and a another set of teammates. He needs to learn the Saw Mill River Parkway, how to protect his wallet when walking on Seventh Avenue and where his girlfriend likes to eat dinner.

Most important, he needs to hang out with Ray Felton to learn where to receive the ball and then Amar'e to understand how to share the space around the paint.

He will be the best he can be. Mozgov will be active... and if he can get off to a solid start... he will be fan favorite.

once a knick always a knick
Pavvy
Member: #2992

9/5/2010  2:37 AM
misterearl wrote:Just As No Two Fingerprints Are Alike, The Answer Man Despises Player Comparisons

Q. martin - Can he be physical like Dwight Howard or Shaq or will he be a Sam Dalembert hack a center?

A. Fuggadabout Shaq, Dwight, Dalembert, Patrick, Wes Unseld, Kareem, and Moose and Squirrel. Mozgov will be Mozgov. He needs to adapt to a new country, new city, new condo and a another set of teammates. He needs to learn the Saw Mill River Parkway, how to protect his wallet when walking on Seventh Avenue and where his girlfriend likes to eat dinner.

Most important, he needs to hang out with Ray Felton to learn where to receive the ball and then Amar'e to understand how to share the space around the paint.

He will be the best he can be. Mozgov will be active... and if he can get off to a solid start... he will be fan favorite.

wow that pretty much explains it all!! nice analysis there!!!

Mozgov nice Highlights vs Greece Sep 2 in WC!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy