[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mozgov nice Highlights vs Greece Sep 2 in WC!!
Author Thread
Pavvy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2992

9/3/2010  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2010  5:20 PM
hey guys these are mozgovs nice highlights from last nights game vs powerhouse greece in which russia beat them and move on to the knockout phase vs new zealand and if they win they play USA!!!

mozgov had 18 points in this one and simply outplayed the greek center Schortsianitis

dont forget that this is the russian national team so mozgov cant play the whole game and shares playing time with the other center Kaun - he scored those 18 points in like 18-20 minutes!!

Mozgov nice highlights vs greece--- 4 dunks
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/03/video-mozov-vs-greece/#comments

Edit:
Mozgovs highlights 18 points vs Ivory Coast August 31

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/3/2010  4:23 PM
THANKS PAV! The kid looks REALLY good. The more I see of him the better I feel. He's really quick and agile for a 7'er. He knows how to move and get in position to score. His D looks decent and shotblocking is very good. Can't tell what kind of rebounder he is, but his offensive game looks ready for Mike's system. I liked that little high arching jumper he hit
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/3/2010  4:39 PM
Pavvy wrote:hey guys these are mozgovs nice highlights from last nights game vs powerhouse greece in which russia beat them and move on to the knockout phase vs new zealand and if they win they play USA!!!

mozgov had 18 points in this one and simply outplayed the greek center Schortsianitis

dont forget that this is the russian national team so mozgov cant play the whole game and shares playing time with the other center Kaun - he scored those 18 points in like 18-20 minutes!!

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/03/video-mozov-vs-greece/#comments

still not understanding why you just dont post the vid instead of a link to the comment section of where a tiny version of the vid exists.

Like this man:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Pavvy

9/3/2010  5:20 PM
alright martin calm down- its still the same thing - instead of you watching it in the small window in this thread you should be watching it in a new tab!!!

nixluva----- yeah he looks goood but he will be just like every other rookie in the nba- he will struggle in the beginning!! hopefully dantoni lets him play through his mistakes and not pull another darko !!

nixluva
USA
9/3/2010  6:39 PM
Darko was his own worst enemy. You all saw him when he did get out there. I don't think he was as comfortable as he should've been in this system. He couldn't just loaf on offense and pass up opportunities due to fear of failure, which is what I saw. I saw a player scared to take shots! How come Earl Barron was able to fit in rather easily? If Timo at least does the basic things well and shows he wants to earn a spot, in time I could see Mike giving him minutes. No way to know for sure how he'll do against NBA comp but it should interesting.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2010  8:33 PM
nixluva wrote:Darko was his own worst enemy. You all saw him when he did get out there. I don't think he was as comfortable as he should've been in this system. He couldn't just loaf on offense and pass up opportunities due to fear of failure, which is what I saw. I saw a player scared to take shots! How come Earl Barron was able to fit in rather easily? If Timo at least does the basic things well and shows he wants to earn a spot, in time I could see Mike giving him minutes. No way to know for sure how he'll do against NBA comp but it should interesting.
Darko only played in 8 games during the 54 he was coached by D'Antoni. He didn't play after the tenth game of the season. He played 71 minutes for the Knicks over 54 games. Things may have happened between the player and the coach in practice but I don't think you can talk about what you saw in a guy that played 71 minutes in 54 games. When did you see him playing scared? He certainly didn't play scared after he went to Minny.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

9/3/2010  9:47 PM
A little tutelage from Amar'e, and this kid is gonna do fine!
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
martin
USA
9/3/2010  10:07 PM
Can't to see this guy gain some more explosiveness. Seems to be lacking that. Very excited by his prospects.
martin
USA
9/3/2010  10:07 PM
ps. why isn't BRIGGS drooling over this highlight reel?
martin
USA
9/3/2010  10:08 PM
Pavvy wrote:alright martin calm down- its still the same thing - instead of you watching it in the small window in this thread you should be watching it in a new tab!!!

nixluva----- yeah he looks goood but he will be just like every other rookie in the nba- he will struggle in the beginning!! hopefully dantoni lets him play through his mistakes and not pull another darko !!

no worries man. just thought it would be useful for all. Good stuff man, thanks.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/3/2010  10:18 PM
One thing I really like about Drago is he plays big. He keeps the ball up when he receives it and goes up string everytime. A lot of bigs like to dip the ball before going up.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/3/2010  10:37 PM
NYKBocker wrote:One thing I really like about Drago is he plays big. He keeps the ball up when he receives it and goes up string everytime. A lot of bigs like to dip the ball before going up.

Do you mean Jerome James and Eddy Curry?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
9/3/2010  11:07 PM
Man, Mozgov is looking good in those highlights. He have that Detlef Schrempf feel to his game. That is probably going to be his ceiling in the NBA but with blocking shots minus the 3 point shot.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/3/2010  11:09 PM
Kid has so much potential.... BJ Mullens? This kid is showing so much more...
This is the Randle.
nixluva
USA
9/3/2010  11:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Darko was his own worst enemy. You all saw him when he did get out there. I don't think he was as comfortable as he should've been in this system. He couldn't just loaf on offense and pass up opportunities due to fear of failure, which is what I saw. I saw a player scared to take shots! How come Earl Barron was able to fit in rather easily? If Timo at least does the basic things well and shows he wants to earn a spot, in time I could see Mike giving him minutes. No way to know for sure how he'll do against NBA comp but it should interesting.
Darko only played in 8 games during the 54 he was coached by D'Antoni. He didn't play after the tenth game of the season. He played 71 minutes for the Knicks over 54 games. Things may have happened between the player and the coach in practice but I don't think you can talk about what you saw in a guy that played 71 minutes in 54 games. When did you see him playing scared? He certainly didn't play scared after he went to Minny.

How long do I need to see a guy looking scared to have the ball in his hands? I'm not some kid that just started watching BB. Darko for some odd reason just didn't go hard. I can only assume he did the same thing in practice, cuz he certainly didn't get another shot. Mike wants to win and he's had some guys play great ball for him that were not all that talented or highly touted. Show some damn heart and the guy will respond. Play smart and Mike will take notice. It's not rocket science. If the guy was ballin in practice there's no way he doesn't get back in the rotation. I never read anything that would suggest Darko had great sessions and was just shutout by Mike.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/4/2010  12:11 AM
BERMAN ON TWITTER

Milicic got his hackles up when asked if he thinks he will return if he excels in practice.

"The NBA is not like that," Milicic said. "That's what I learned in Detroit. You can be bleeping Michael Jordan in practice, you're still not going to play in the game. They used to tell me in Detroit, show me in practice what I can do. I showed and showed. But then I didn't play. Practice is practice. The game is the game. Coach has his guys he wants to play he thinks is going to make this team a winning team."

Problem is, the Knicks (3-13) aren't winning and Curry is hurt again, his comeback stalled after four games.

Curry missed the final two games of the 0-3 Western trip because of a sore left knee. The Knicks return home to face the Magic tonight at the Garden at 6:00 and Curry is questionable.

Orlando is one of Milicic's former teams and where he had his best seasons.

"I needed some time to adjust to this kind of offense running up and down and just shooting," said Milicic, whom the Knicks obtained on draft night for Quentin Richardson. "I was trying to adjust and I was trying to do my best."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/darko_days_on_bench_jJ9ZZh4n0YtwB3HaoD9y5H#ixzz0rO0Q2144
I guess if you can't adjust in 71 minutes you are done with D'Antoni. It brings up the question, how were SVG and Rambis able to motivate a slug like Darko when the guy everyone wants to play for couldn't and the Knicks ended up having to dump him for Brian Cardinal.

Also, I would hesitate to call a vet in a new situation scared. Darko never got minutes after the tenth game of the season and never really got minutes before that. Less than ten minutes a game isn't for 8 games isn't really giving a guy a chance. I think there were personality issues and a basketball philosophy issue that kept Darko out.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/4/2010  1:25 AM
arkrud wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:One thing I really like about Drago is he plays big. He keeps the ball up when he receives it and goes up string everytime. A lot of bigs like to dip the ball before going up.

Do you mean Jerome James and Eddy Curry?

Dwight Howard always brings the ball below his waist when he gets it...or always feels the need to dribble into the double team. If he would keep the ball high and just jump over guys he'd be like Wilt. I hate Dwight Howard by the way...freakin big for nothing

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/4/2010  1:33 AM
He looks really impressive in those clips guys....The world championships is a legit tournament because the NBA needs a all-star team just to compete....so the competition Drago is facing is top notch. If this kid can come in and get comfortable with america and all the games the nba plays....Knicks might have a legit starting center to watch Amar'e back!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/4/2010  1:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:He looks really impressive in those clips guys....The world championships is a legit tournament because the NBA needs a all-star team just to compete....so the competition Drago is facing is top notch. If this kid can come in and get comfortable with america and all the games the nba plays....Knicks might have a legit starting center to watch Amar'e back!!!

I"m starting to think the same thing. He could fill the same role that Robin Lopez filled in Phoenix last year.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Pavvy

9/4/2010  4:53 AM
it looks like you guys have baptized him to Drago heheee
Mozgov nice Highlights vs Greece Sep 2 in WC!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy