[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Iran launches their first ever plant (yeah the other "N" word)
Author Thread
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

8/21/2010  11:10 PM
The American dominance of he world is coming to an end. Discuss.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/22/2010  12:53 AM
It's all good until Iran does something stupid.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/22/2010  1:38 AM
Yep.
Now Iran will dominate the world.
Like North Korea.
I am pissing my pants...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
loweyecue

8/22/2010  10:48 AM
Why would Iran dominate the world? The Russians and Chinese making oil deals with Iran will end US financial dominance and the "reserve currency" status of the dollar. And now they are building nuclear power plants for the Iranians. The balance of power is shifting. Whether you piss in your pants has very little relevance.
TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/22/2010  12:00 PM
Nuclear power is very essential if the world is to move on from oil. It seems that other countries don't have much of a problem that Iran has nuclear capability just the US. Every country has its rights to build nuclear facilities. Who are we to say no or yes to them.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
8/22/2010  1:15 PM
Vmart wrote:Nuclear power is very essential if the world is to move on from oil. It seems that other countries don't have much of a problem that Iran has nuclear capability just the US. Every country has its rights to build nuclear facilities. Who are we to say no or yes to them.

Because Iran, unlike other nuclear-powered nations have unashamedly stated their intent to wipe another country off the map. That's not the kind of itchy trigger finger you want with the bomb.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
8/22/2010  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/22/2010  1:32 PM
firefly wrote:
Vmart wrote:Nuclear power is very essential if the world is to move on from oil. It seems that other countries don't have much of a problem that Iran has nuclear capability just the US. Every country has its rights to build nuclear facilities. Who are we to say no or yes to them.

Because Iran, unlike other nuclear-powered nations have unashamedly stated their intent to wipe another country off the map. That's not the kind of itchy trigger finger you want with the bomb.

Concur, Firefly. Seriously. I don't understand how someone can make such an argument with a straight face.

loweyecue

8/22/2010  1:45 PM
Solace wrote:
firefly wrote:

Concur, Firefly. Seriously. I don't understand how someone can make such an argument with a straight face.

OK, but there is no shortage of news stories stating Israel stands ready to immediately bomb Iran and THEY already have nukes. How come no gets outraged at this?

Nalod
USA
8/22/2010  2:21 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Solace wrote:
firefly wrote:

OK, but there is no shortage of news stories stating Israel stands ready to immediately bomb Iran and THEY already have nukes. How come no gets outraged at this?

The apocalyptic sect in Iran does not care about retaliatory strike by Israel. They are not long term thinkers. There are three e elements in Iran vying for control. it will take somr time for Iran to make a bomb and some hope internally there is a change.

Nalod
USA
8/22/2010  2:23 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Solace wrote:
firefly wrote:

Isreal has had nukes for 50 years and has not used them.

They don't make proclaimations to destroy others. Iran ruling party does.

loweyecue

8/22/2010  3:48 PM
Iran's only proclamation has been about Israel and Israel has made enough statements about attacking Iran, so think we are splitting hairs here. Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, Israel does. And they are every bit as trigger happy.
Nalod
USA
8/22/2010  5:44 PM
loweyecue wrote:Iran's only proclamation has been about Israel and Israel has made enough statements about attacking Iran, so think we are splitting hairs here. Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons, Israel does. And they are every bit as trigger happy.

Your splitting some big hairs my friend!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/03/AR2006080300629.html

loweyecue

8/22/2010  6:28 PM
Yes this is what makes it such a hard case to argue. And its easy to get distracted, but my point is both those countries feel the exact same way about each other. How they express it may be different.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
8/22/2010  6:47 PM
Nuclear power is Iran's sovereign right. Oil will not last forever.
Nuclear Weapons are another story.
But if other countries in the region have them, it is hypocritical (and possibly racist) to say Iran shouldn't.
Don't get caught up in what countries say, look at what they do. The US and Israel are the ones who go by the preemptive strike doctrine.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
8/22/2010  8:12 PM
You can't keep a double standard for everyone. Isreal can take care of themselves. They have a very powerful army. Like I said I don't understand why people here get worked up if a country becomes Nuclear. Must I remind everyone here that no country has ever used Nuclear power. But US has used atomic weapons. If any one has an itchy finger it got to be us. If you don't want other countries to have Nuclear weapons then we need to set the first example and basically disband all our nuclear capabilities. US let Pakistan have nuclear weapons and they have taliban running a muck there. Where is the priority? I mean Russia and China is helping Iran get their facility up and running does that mean we boycott Russia and China I highly doubt we do anything to stop this building of the Facility.
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
8/22/2010  9:54 PM

Are you serious? Well it works for ostritches.

toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
8/22/2010  11:03 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:

And what should we do? Allow Israel to attack them? Attack them ourselves? Maybe a regime change? That worked very well in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is just like Iraq in the early 90's and North Korea today. Douchebags trying to show how large their phalluses are and trying to goad the United States into a conflict, so that they can claim "Look at the big evil United States bullies who want to control us." So what do we do? Bomb them? Then they 100% would be justified in developing nuclear weapons because we played right into their arrogance and bravado.

An ostrich ignores what is going on. Europe ignored Hitler because he was just wiping out Jews and Polacks. I don't think anyone is ignoring Iran, but they are also playing this intelligently. Something that fear mongering reactionists have little concept of doing.

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
loweyecue

8/23/2010  12:06 AM
toodarkmark wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:

And what should we do? Allow Israel to attack them? Attack them ourselves? Maybe a regime change? That worked very well in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is just like Iraq in the early 90's and North Korea today. Douchebags trying to show how large their phalluses are and trying to goad the United States into a conflict, so that they can claim "Look at the big evil United States bullies who want to control us." So what do we do? Bomb them? Then they 100% would be justified in developing nuclear weapons because we played right into their arrogance and bravado.

An ostrich ignores what is going on. Europe ignored Hitler because he was just wiping out Jews and Polacks. I don't think anyone is ignoring Iran, but they are also playing this intelligently. Something that fear mongering reactionists have little concept of doing.

What do we do? Why do we have to do anything? How about we respect the rights of sovereign nations instead of trying to dictate what is or isn't right for the world. Clearly we can't even figure out what's right for us, just look at wall street.

Nalod
USA
8/23/2010  7:19 AM
Does Israel publicly swear to destroy or do they defend?

Who funds Hezbollah? Who supports hammas?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
8/23/2010  2:37 PM
Need to send in the Chosen One, to show dem wat's up.

OT: Iran launches their first ever plant (yeah the other "N" word)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy