[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RIP lorenzen
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/28/2010  8:12 PM
Memphis authorities have found the body of former NBA and University of Memphis basketball player Lorenzen Wright, missing since July 19, a media report said Wednesday.

Law enforcement officials discovered the body of Wright in a wooded area in southeast Memphis, police sources confirmed to the Memphis Commercial Appeal.

Wright was believed to be carrying some amount of cash when he was last seen July 19 in Memphis, and a Collierville police report released Wednesday raised concerns he may be the victim of foul play.

Wright's sister, Savia Archie, told WREG.com in Memphis last Friday that Wright was last seen when he was expected to leave the city, after flying to Memphis to visit friends and his six children.

Wright was expected to drive back to the Atlanta area with his six children and a friend, after leaving his ex-wife's Memphis-area home, the Commercial Appeal reported.

Wright played in college at Memphis and later for the Grizzlies as a pro. He last played in the league for the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2008-09 season.

The Los Angeles Clippers drafted Wright with the seventh overall pick in the 1996 draft. He spent the first three seasons of his NBA career with the Clippers before being traded to the Hawks for two first-round picks, which turned into Quentin Richardson and Chris Wilcox.

In 2001, the Hawks dealt Wright to the Grizzlies, along with Pau Gasol and Brevin Knight, for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Jamaal Tinsley.

He returned to the Hawks in 2006 as a free agent but was on the move again in 2008, traded to the Kings in a six-player deal that netted Atlanta Mike Bibby. Wright signed with the Cavaliers as a free agent before the 2008-09 season.

He had career averages of 7.9 points and 6.3 rebounds per game.

ES
AUTOADVERT
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

7/28/2010  8:22 PM
read about this before this latest. bad news got worse in this story.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/28/2010  9:26 PM
That's pretty sad news - RIP
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/28/2010  9:57 PM
sidsanders wrote:read about this before this latest. bad news got worse in this story.

any details found out surrounding this? this is a tragic story. dude was still a relatively young guy.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
sidsanders
Member: #2426

7/28/2010  10:16 PM
not much http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2010-07-28-lorenzen-wright-dead_N.htm
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/28/2010  10:56 PM
very sad. My prayers go out to his 6 children for sure..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Cash
Member: #1319
USA
7/28/2010  11:05 PM
Life is tough...wow...you have to be careful who you chill with.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/28/2010  11:17 PM
Cash wrote:Life is tough...wow...you have to be careful who you chill with.

We have 3 Belgium Shepard's in the house--they are so good with my kids but if someone walked in my house who shouldn't be there--they wouldn't last to long.

RIP Crushalot😞
Cash
USA
7/28/2010  11:18 PM
i don't get it
BRIGGS
7/28/2010  11:24 PM
Cash wrote:i don't get it

Whether in the house or on the road you have to be cognitive of safety.

RIP Crushalot😞
Cash
USA
7/28/2010  11:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

We have 3 Belgium Shepard's in the house--they are so good with my kids but if someone walked in my house who shouldn't be there--they wouldn't last to long.

listen you big dork...you may be 230 and 6'2 but i am 5'8 and 200 and i am as mad as you if not more

BRIGGS
7/29/2010  1:11 AM
Cash wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

listen you big dork...you may be 230 and 6'2 but i am 5'8 and 200 and i am as mad as you if not more

Don't act 10 years old my man--no need for it.

RIP Crushalot😞
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

7/30/2010  8:13 AM
Foul play probable

The report said that the day he disappeared, he had been dropped off at a restaurant by a woman and later taken to his ex-wife's house in Collierville, a Memphis suburb. The ex-wife, Sherra Wright, told officers that Wright left her home in the middle of the night with someone.

Family members said Wright's body was found near an apartment complex in southeast Memphis on Wednesday, but police awaited dental records to confirm his identity. Police on Thursday said a 911 call was placed from Wright's cellphone early on July 19 and investigators determined it came from the area his body was found.

Court documents show that Wright acknowledged to the FBI that in 2008 he sold two luxury vehicles, a Mercedes sedan and a Cadillac SUV, to Bobby Cole. The affidavits about the business deal don't show if Wright knew that Cole had been indicted in 2007 on drug distribution charges or if they knew each other.

Cole told the FBI he was connected to the organization run by Craig Petties, an accused drug kingpin charged with racketeering and conspiracy in six murders.

In 2008, Cole offered to turn over to Drug Enforcement Administration agents three vehicles he bought with drug money, including a 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV and a 2008 Mercedes Benz S63 that had been registered to Wright.

Wright told agents he had sold two vehicles to Cole and he no longer owned them, although registration records listed the Cadillac in Wright's name and the Mercedes in one of Wright's business investments, Allwright Automotive LLC.

In federal court filings, Lorenzen Wright claimed ownership of the cars and said he didn't know the property was used in a crime. A federal judge entered a default judgment in favor of the government in March 2010 and the vehicles were forfeited and the case closed.

The 6-foot-11 Wright played 13 seasons in the NBA for the Los Angeles Clippers, Atlanta Hawks, Memphis Grizzlies, Sacramento Kings and most recently the Cleveland Cavaliers. Wright left the University of Memphis early for the NBA, and the Clippers made him a lottery pick with the No. 7 selection overall.

He averaged 8 points and 6.4 rebounds in 778 career games.

Wright leaves behind six children, his mother Deborah Marion, and father Herb Wright, who coached his son from a wheelchair after he was shot in the spine. Lorenzen Wright 11-month-old daughter, Sierra, died in March 2003 of sudden infant death syndrome.

Longtime friend Kevin Nelson remembered Wright as a well-meaning person who treated people with respect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't the QB for the Tennessee Titans get shot in Memphis by a girlfriend while he was still married

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
RIP lorenzen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy