[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How many games will it take wilkens to get us to 500
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/15/2004  1:03 PM
Lenny was cooked in Toronto. They bought in Akeem the dream for big money, and Vince got hurt. I think they thought lenny was gonna walk away from his money, the season was done, so they waited until the year ended. Bad for everyone. Vince is a Wussy boy, so I would not take any of his comments.

Oaks comments do bother me some if your an oak fan. With oak, you gotta take the good witht he bad. He is on another planet the last few years not getting the love for whom he is. Oak needs to just retire.

But Wilkins will be effective so long as the players buy into it. IN ATL and TOR, he peaks then loses interest. Might be a note to remember down the road.
AUTOADVERT
realhiphop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #533
1/15/2004  1:03 PM
Whats up fellas? New member here, and fellow hardcore knicks fan. At the time the move was made, I was a little worried. Lenny Wilkins is a great coach don't get me wrong, but I fell into that negative thinking that he wasn't a tough coach and we needed a more Mike Fratello like coach. With that being said, I re-evaluated that position and some people's thoughts regarding the Raptors performance last year. First off, the Raptors talent level was not there. They just didn't have the squad the Knicks do, and far from any winners. Vince Carter's a baby, and one of the more over-rated players in the NBA. He can speak when he has the type of career Lenny Wilkins did. On a more positive note, Lenny Wilkins is a winner. You think an NBA veteran doesn't adapt to the type of team they have? Are you kidding me? If Lenny evaluates and notices our defense has been lacking, he'll get on the guys about it. We have shown we can put a lot of points on the board, and run the hell out of any team. To all the Marbury-nay sayers, wake up. Who doesn't he make better around him? How does a selfish guy get 10 assists a night? I've never seen the scoring on the Knicks look this balanced. Let's hope we can get the fellas to play tougher D, especially h20 and KVH. We'll make the playoffs, and I agree that we can easily go 25-17 the next 42. I'll re-evaluate after I watch the next few games.

Peace and its good to speak with other Knicks fans
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/15/2004  1:44 PM
I don't think we'll ever hit .500. 25-17 is gonna be tough with any coach with the team we have. I know we can score, but we still depend on jumpers and a bad shooting night and we're not in it. The defense has to improve for me to change my tune. Luckily we may not need .500 for the playoffs. Its wait and see right now.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/15/2004  2:03 PM
Posted by realhiphop:

Whats up fellas? New member here, and fellow hardcore knicks fan. At the time the move was made, I was a little worried. Lenny Wilkins is a great coach don't get me wrong, but I fell into that negative thinking that he wasn't a tough coach and we needed a more Mike Fratello like coach. With that being said, I re-evaluated that position and some people's thoughts regarding the Raptors performance last year. First off, the Raptors talent level was not there. They just didn't have the squad the Knicks do, and far from any winners. Vince Carter's a baby, and one of the more over-rated players in the NBA. He can speak when he has the type of career Lenny Wilkins did. On a more positive note, Lenny Wilkins is a winner. You think an NBA veteran doesn't adapt to the type of team they have? Are you kidding me? If Lenny evaluates and notices our defense has been lacking, he'll get on the guys about it. We have shown we can put a lot of points on the board, and run the hell out of any team. To all the Marbury-nay sayers, wake up. Who doesn't he make better around him? How does a selfish guy get 10 assists a night? I've never seen the scoring on the Knicks look this balanced. Let's hope we can get the fellas to play tougher D, especially h20 and KVH. We'll make the playoffs, and I agree that we can easily go 25-17 the next 42. I'll re-evaluate after I watch the next few games.

Peace and its good to speak with other Knicks fans
Have to say, Marbury has balled out of his dome the past two games, after a rough first few games. But... His defense has been lacking. Nashty ripped through him on several plays, and he didnt get the stops or communicate when he should have been.

Loved Deke knocking T-Mac in his face twice during the game though.

Wished Allan Houston dunked on T-mac though... or dunked ever. He used to have some hops.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

1/15/2004  6:42 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I am watching the Lenny Wilkens press conference now, and Lenny just talked about the importance of defense and how he will make improvements in that area.

Who is gonna play defense, this team was put togetherby Zeke to play in the west, only problem is the New Orleans Hornets go to the westnext yr ,not the KNICKS. If lenny goes 5-5 next 10 games we will be lucky.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
1/15/2004  7:06 PM
....yawnnn.....

Anyway, just wait to SEE a game so you have something substantial to talk about regarding defense.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
playa2

1/15/2004  7:14 PM
Core, the best defense we played all yr was when Frank was running the pt and the knicks ran off 4 straight wins. UH I think Chaney was even coaching.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2004  11:37 AM
Posted by playa2:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I am watching the Lenny Wilkens press conference now, and Lenny just talked about the importance of defense and how he will make improvements in that area.

Who is gonna play defense, this team was put togetherby Zeke to play in the west, only problem is the New Orleans Hornets go to the westnext yr ,not the KNICKS. If lenny goes 5-5 next 10 games we will be lucky.
--
good point the best way to beat the West and win it all is not too have a great defense instead have a ton of shooters and great depth and speed. Which is the reason The Kings almost beat the Lakers, had Cwebb not gotten injured. So I think guys like frank and penny can really help us.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/16/2004  11:46 AM
since that awful west coast trip in december, i've been saying that the goal for us is to get to .500 by the allstar break. now, since that trip, our gm was replaced, our roster has been revamped, and we have a new coach. i STILL think .500 is attainable by the all star break.

there are 14 games left before the break. we are 8 games under right now. of those 14 games on the schedule, the toughest ones on paper are:
1. @ houston, 2. spurs, 3. indiana, 4. @ dallas, 5. @ new orleans.

if we lose all 5 games, we will then be 9-5 which will bring us to -4 at the break. that's fine b/c i think we'll be primed for a second half run.
zioncat
Member: #158
1/16/2004  12:23 PM
Not counting the preseason games, It will take Lenny exactly 42 games to get us to .500. I even think it's possible Lenny will have us leading the entire league after the 43rd games of his tenure.

I'm SO excited!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/16/2004  12:53 PM
I'll give lenny about 15 games to get us to .500

From there I think we can go on a nice streak to put us somewhere between 3-5 seed
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/16/2004  1:09 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'll give lenny about 15 games to get us to .500

From there I think we can go on a nice streak to put us somewhere between 3-5 seed

15 games is a pretty fair stretch. Taking a few lumps is to be expected at some point, bit we should still win more than we lose.

If we can get the 3 or 4 seed, Lenny is the MAN.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 01/16/2004 16:28:07]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
franco1234
Member: #539
1/16/2004  1:17 PM
Milwaukee ( fake ), Toronto

I wouldn't be too quick to discount them- they both have been playing suprisingly well and have some chemistry.

I'll be happy if the Knicks make it to the playoffs and then start clicking

Remember 1999?

All you need to do is win one road game and you have home court.

I doubt they can go far in the playoffs, but they could take a one seed (someone like a Detroit or Indiana that has folded in the past in the playoffs despite a great regular season run) and advance a round.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/16/2004  1:53 PM
I'm not sure if Milwalkee will slip. We're half way through the season and they haven't shown any sgins of slipping yet. They beat NJ lastnight! Philly I think is pretty damn good with Iverson, Robinson, Snow, Kenny Thomas, DC, Dalembert, Mckie and Korver. Toronto I don't think is all that good. As someone already said, they are one injury away from disaster. Boston is garbage, we should easily overtake them. If Lafrentz comes back and is his old self, a shot blocker, then I'd be worried but I doubt that.

With all that said, I think with Lenny coaching us we can realistically climb all the way up to the 5th seed and play either NJ or New Orleans in the first round.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
1/16/2004  2:34 PM
I'm gonna be wishy washy on this one. I'm not ready to say the Knicks will reach .500. I want to see the Knicks play a few games with their new coach and see if Isiah makes any more moves.

Things are a helluva lot more hopeful now than they were before Isiah got here, but there is also a lot of uncertainty about which players are going to be here. I'll be surprised if Van Horn lasts more than two more weeks.
playa2

1/16/2004  4:25 PM
You darn skippy it's hopeful. Whenever you bring in (big names) you will sell more tickets and sellout more games ala James Dolan MINDSET. Now if we can win consistantly with a older coach that would be miracle a on Broadway.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/16/2004  4:30 PM
Posted by knickgeek:

I'll be surprised if Van Horn lasts more than two more weeks.

Oh, yes! I'll be counting down the days... LOL
playa2

1/16/2004  5:35 PM
Lenny gets 10 days with all this talent to show something. no more no less
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
1/16/2004  5:37 PM
Posted by playa2:

Lenny gets 10 days with all this talent to show something. no more no less

10 Days? Before you said 10 games. Are you switching up AGAIN, Playa?
playa2

3/4/2004  4:49 PM
Well looks like we will never get to 500 ball with all this agent gm squabbles. The knicks really need to let Zeke coach the team from the tunnel Via (walkie talkie) it's obvious that Zeke is calling the shots and not Lenny.
How many games will it take wilkens to get us to 500

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy