[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Highly recommended Old School Martial Arts Classics (1st three)
Author Thread
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

6/9/2010  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/16/2010  3:09 PM
3 Shaw Brothers highly recommended old skool flix when you wanna take a break from
those other mainstream popular movies.

If you've never seen Shaw brothers martial arts films it is quiet a treat and although you gotta
bear with the dubbing (english) the choreography scenes , costumes and sometimes story lines are
entertaining.

Come Drink With Me (aka Big Drunk Hero) stars Cheng Pei-pei 'jade fox' from Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon which also stars Michele Yeoh. Also this is not bad for film made in 1966

Heroes of the East (aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja) stars killbill's Gordon Liu

Five(5) Shaolin Masters Allstar Shawbrothers legends cast, Ti Lung, Fu Sheng, David Chiang

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
sidsanders
Member: #2426

6/9/2010  1:20 PM
ya... shaw bros and other 70s fu... love john liu/hwang jang lee and other "super" kickers. the 70s fu on chan 11/12 in ny... great times. how big is your collection?

my fav is still invincible armor...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
sidsanders

6/9/2010  1:22 PM
from the shaw line: crippled avengers and kid with the golden arm.. $$$
i like most of what they have though. love the venom mob.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
6/9/2010  3:03 PM
Kid with the Golden Arm is one of my alltime favs... 5 Deadly Venoms, Master Killer, Super Ninjas, Challenge of the Masters, Flying Guillotine are a few other ass kicking old school joints u gotta watch.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
sidsanders

6/9/2010  5:34 PM
TMS wrote:Kid with the Golden Arm is one of my alltime favs... 5 Deadly Venoms, Master Killer, Super Ninjas, Challenge of the Masters, Flying Guillotine are a few other ass kicking old school joints u gotta watch.

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/studio.asp?id=2

clan of the white lotus... so many $$$ flicks from the then. brave archer series.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
DJMUSIC

6/9/2010  5:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/9/2010  6:00 PM
sidsanders wrote:ya... shaw bros and other 70s fu... love john liu/hwang jang lee and other "super" kickers. the 70s fu on chan 11/12 in ny... great times. how big is your collection?

Hi sidsanders
I love the non-Sbrothers classics and John Liu high kicker was among my favorite stars I have most of
his movies. You are correct Liu, the popular Hwang Jang Lee (Game of Death 2, Secret Rivals, Hitman
in hand of Bhuddah & Instant Kungfu man) and also kick artist Casanova Wong are/were some of best on
screen.

The Invincible armour was good .. I think my favorite Liu movies were with other stars
such as Two great cavaliers (Angela Mao, liu and Leung Karyan), Mars Villa, All the Secret Rivals(1-3)
and also pics Liu starred in with the great Don Wong Tao (Miracle Man). I know Liu wasnt in Along Came a Tiger where Wong Tao played mute.

Anyhow I like the non-shaw brothers stars such as Wong Tao, Liu, Dorian Tan..
Its ashame some never made a Shaw bros flick though i think Wong Tao made 1 with Ti Lung the rare
"Battle for Republic of China" which is out of print.

My collection is enormous,
I have alot of favorite stars. Angela Mao, David Chiang & Alex Fu Sheng. Ti Lung, Lo lieh (late)
Chen Kuan Tai and Jimmy Wang Yu among favs even though Wang Yu wasnt the screen fighter as the rest
mentioned but Wang Yu was very entertaining.

I like alot of them female stars like Mao, Judy Lee (aka Chia Ling), Kara Hui (My Young Auntie).

Its a fun hobby I got. I'll go on DVD sites and even ebay to buy them when I get these classics
when I can get my desire price! for item

DJMUSIC

6/9/2010  5:58 PM
sidsanders wrote:from the shaw line: crippled avengers and kid with the golden arm.. $$$
i like most of what they have though. love the venom mob.

Loved the venom mob & all their flicks, Cripple Avengers with Chen Kuan Tai playing bad guy.

Think all orig. venoms alive except Chiang Sheng

DJMUSIC

6/9/2010  6:02 PM
TMS wrote:Kid with the Golden Arm is one of my alltime favs... 5 Deadly Venoms, Master Killer, Super Ninjas, Challenge of the Masters, Flying Guillotine are a few other ass kicking old school joints u gotta watch.

Hey hi TMS
some of those mentioned you can watch again and again.
Master Killer (Gordon Liu) a great story and underrated flick. Many you cited are 4-5 stars rated
at kungfucinema.com

If you guys need some info just let me know I keep most of my flicks in Excel spreadsheet cause I am
a martial arts junkie! lol

DJMUSIC

6/9/2010  6:03 PM
sidsanders wrote:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/studio.asp?id=2

clan of the white lotus... so many $$$ flicks from the then. brave archer series.

Great Site I go there often for updates and for stuff I never seen yet or heard of.

Thanks sidsanders

DJMUSIC

6/9/2010  6:06 PM
I have friends who love SBrothers but refuse to watch orig. language versions

Some of the best flicks not even dubbed english are out & I tell friends they have to watch
them.

One of them is Touch Of Zen (aka The Gallant Lady)
Slow start and long movie but worth the watch once an interesting story.
Stars Hsu Feng and Pai Ying (hapkido villian)

sidsanders

6/9/2010  9:14 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:I have friends who love SBrothers but refuse to watch orig. language versions

Some of the best flicks not even dubbed english are out & I tell friends they have to watch
them.

One of them is Touch Of Zen (aka The Gallant Lady)
Slow start and long movie but worth the watch once an interesting story.
Stars Hsu Feng and Pai Ying (hapkido villian)

you have stuff with english dubs or is it english subs? i have mostly subs.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
sidsanders

6/9/2010  9:16 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
sidsanders wrote:ya... shaw bros and other 70s fu... love john liu/hwang jang lee and other "super" kickers. the 70s fu on chan 11/12 in ny... great times. how big is your collection?

Hi sidsanders
I love the non-Sbrothers classics and John Liu high kicker was among my favorite stars I have most of
his movies. You are correct Liu, the popular Hwang Jang Lee (Game of Death 2, Secret Rivals, Hitman
in hand of Bhuddah & Instant Kungfu man) and also kick artist Casanova Wong are/were some of best on
screen.

The Invincible armour was good .. I think my favorite Liu movies were with other stars
such as Two great cavaliers (Angela Mao, liu and Leung Karyan), Mars Villa, All the Secret Rivals(1-3)
and also pics Liu starred in with the great Don Wong Tao (Miracle Man). I know Liu wasnt in Along Came a Tiger where Wong Tao played mute.

Anyhow I like the non-shaw brothers stars such as Wong Tao, Liu, Dorian Tan..
Its ashame some never made a Shaw bros flick though i think Wong Tao made 1 with Ti Lung the rare
"Battle for Republic of China" which is out of print.

My collection is enormous,
I have alot of favorite stars. Angela Mao, David Chiang & Alex Fu Sheng. Ti Lung, Lo lieh (late)
Chen Kuan Tai and Jimmy Wang Yu among favs even though Wang Yu wasnt the screen fighter as the rest
mentioned but Wang Yu was very entertaining.

I like alot of them female stars like Mao, Judy Lee (aka Chia Ling), Kara Hui (My Young Auntie).

Its a fun hobby I got. I'll go on DVD sites and even ebay to buy them when I get these classics
when I can get my desire price! for item

invincible armor -- many of the moves john has in that r sick. the reverse back bend during the end fight, $$$$. one of the reasons i like that 1 so much, the story is actually good. i recall watching it the first time as a kid and i was kinda shocked how things played out (compared to how most fu flicks go).

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

6/9/2010  9:35 PM
I remember when I lived in Brookyln back in 1984 we use to go to 40 deuce and watch the kung fu joints on sunday afternoon.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
TMS
USA
6/9/2010  10:19 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:

Hey hi TMS
some of those mentioned you can watch again and again.
Master Killer (Gordon Liu) a great story and underrated flick. Many you cited are 4-5 stars rated
at kungfucinema.com

If you guys need some info just let me know I keep most of my flicks in Excel spreadsheet cause I am
a martial arts junkie! lol

2 of my other favorites... awesome fighting sequences with Billy Chong

Super Power

Jade Claw (aka Crystal Fist)

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
6/9/2010  10:19 PM
btw, any of you homies have these movies uploaded for file sharing?
sidsanders

6/9/2010  10:21 PM
TMS wrote:btw, any of you homies have these movies uploaded for file sharing?

i dont endorse this/disclaimer/etc... search for: A little Shaw Brothers Collection

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
TMS
USA
6/10/2010  2:09 AM
of course you don't... nor do i endorse downloading pirated movies from the internet... i was just asking out of curiosity.
sidsanders

6/10/2010  4:59 PM
TMS wrote:of course you don't... nor do i endorse downloading pirated movies from the internet... i was just asking out of curiosity.

o... i wasnt intending that to be a warning... more that, its out there for sure. did you happen to see what i was talking about though? WOW...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
TMS
USA
6/10/2010  5:30 PM
sidsanders wrote:
TMS wrote:of course you don't... nor do i endorse downloading pirated movies from the internet... i was just asking out of curiosity.

o... i wasnt intending that to be a warning... more that, its out there for sure. did you happen to see what i was talking about though? WOW...

i saw some listings on google... apparently you need to register with some site to download the file... not that i checked into it or anything *cough*

sidsanders

6/10/2010  5:48 PM
TMS wrote:
sidsanders wrote:

i saw some listings on google... apparently you need to register with some site to download the file... not that i checked into it or anything *cough*

i know nothing... however... its a bunch of links on rapidshare. im amazed at how much is out there. folks posting new flicks right away and all.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
Highly recommended Old School Martial Arts Classics (1st three)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy