[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Clarence Weatherspoon vs. Othella Harrington.
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/27/2001  3:19 PM
Who's better? I'm not sure myself. Harrington provides instant scoring off the bench and even though he's not a great rebounder, he's a good defensive player and knows how to use his body. He's also younger and a little taller. Weatherspoon, however, isn't great on the offensive end, but is an animal on the boards. He knows how to use his body and though undersized, makes up for it with his aggressiveness. He's limited offensively, but can score in the post if he's facing the basket and can hit an open mid-range jumper. Othella can shoot as well, but Spoon has a little better range. At this point i would take Harrington mainly because he is younger and can still improve a lot more, but Weatherspoon fits the team very well also. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/28/2001  10:36 AM
I like them both. I was glad from the start that we signed Spoon.

I'm worried about KT right now. He hasn't proved to me during this preseason that he is a legit starter.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/28/2001  11:32 AM
I agree with you entirely. Right now i feel Thomas, Weatherspoon, and Harrington all seem pretty equal. ESPN thinks that starting Weatherspoon over Thomas would give you more production and while that may be the case, you would be making a short line-up shorter and that might not be the right way to go. But the fact is Spoon is an animal on the boards and Thomas are Harrington are not, which gives him the advantage on our team.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/28/2001  12:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the season, Spoon is starting.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/28/2001  1:24 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the season, Spoon is starting.
Me neither. Spoon has skill and fits right in with the system. He'll be tough to stop once he gets into better shape.
Clarence Weatherspoon vs. Othella Harrington.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy