[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sergio Rodriguez Highlight mix Check His Passing Ability
Author Thread
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
2/22/2010  1:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2010  2:00 AM

He has to work on his shooting. However, he is passing is good.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
AUTOADVERT
Infamous
Member: #3068

2/22/2010  2:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2010  2:21 AM
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/user/gewg401c#p/a/f/0/TunGz8iEZ4g[/YouTube]

^ i dont why this isnt working, but thats his highlights from fridays game. kids a true pg.

BigC
2/22/2010  2:40 AM
Infamous wrote:[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/user/gewg401c#p/a/f/0/TunGz8iEZ4g[/YouTube]

^ i dont why this isnt working, but thats his highlights from fridays game. kids a true pg.

I put his highlights from Friday's game in my mix at the beginning.

With 29 games left we will see what he is made of. His passing is his strong points. His shooting is the area he needs to work on.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/22/2010  2:55 AM
I'm pullin for the kid cuz I like his talent and skill level. It fits with what we need a PG to do. We're not trying to change him into a PG or get him to push the ball, get everyone involved, penetrate n kick or lay it up he already does these things naturally! Shooting will come with more work but you can't teach court vision and eye to hand coordination like he has.
BigC
2/22/2010  10:23 AM
nixluva wrote:I'm pullin for the kid cuz I like his talent and skill level. It fits with what we need a PG to do. We're not trying to change him into a PG or get him to push the ball, get everyone involved, penetrate n kick or lay it up he already does these things naturally! Shooting will come with more work but you can't teach court vision and eye to hand coordination like he has.

I agree with you big time. Right now anything is better Duhon. S-Rod is tempo changer. He has 29 games to show if can be this team next year.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
2/22/2010  10:31 AM
BigC back to making mixes.

Cant wait for an end of season McGrady mix.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
BigC
2/22/2010  12:54 PM
AnubisADL wrote:BigC back to making mixes.

Cant wait for an end of season McGrady mix.

ADL what's up!!!!
As long as T-mac plays good.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/22/2010  4:58 PM
BigC wrote:

He has to work on his shooting. However, he is passing is good.

hey look, he's working the pick & roll with David Lee... there's something new i've never seen before.

seriously tho, i like the fact that he can penetrate into the lane, but his shot was very erradic the other night & has been that way his entire career, especially from downtown... Duhon even has a better career 3 pt. shooting average than Sergio (36% vs. 31%)... look, i hate Duhon as much as anyone but just cuz i hate a guy doesn't mean i gotta proclaim the first guy to replace him as the savior... Sergio still has a ton to prove but i like his activity on the floor... the fancy behind the back passes are pretty to look at, but in the end all that matters is his ability to orchestrate the offense effectively & take care of the basketball... Duhon is 5th in the NBA in A/TO ratio at 3.53, Sergio is barely at a 2 to 1 average... i still don't see how anyone can unequivocably say that Sergio is better than Duhon based on their stats & on what was shown in that game vs. the Thunder.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/22/2010  7:38 PM
The thing is that what we're picking up on is his skill set is already better than Duhon. Duhon's nice Ast/TO ratio is inflated by the fact that he doesn't really spread the ball around or make tough passes. Since he rarely penetrates he doesn't get a lot of drive & kick assists to the perimeter guys who would be wide open. This is something Sergio showed he can do very well. His court vision is clearly superior to Duhon's and he makes decisions with the ball very quickly. I noted that he hit his teammates at the right moment very often. Over the course of a season that will translate into more good shots IMO.

At this point anyone who actually pushes the ball and penetrates while making good passes is gonna be a better fit IMO. Neither Nate or TD has the passing or court vision that Sergio seems to have. They may be better scorers, but he has the better natural PG skills IMO>

TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/22/2010  7:47 PM
i agree anyone who can push the ball & the tempo is a better fit, but that doesn't necessarily make him a better player... i have to see more out of Sergio to get me to believe that he can be a longterm solution... i already told u i liked what i saw out of Sergio when he was running the ball upcourt & being active on the floor... what i'd like to see is him hit some open J's from the outside, cuz that was my main beef w/Chris Duhon in his time here... if he was hitting his shots he was actually pretty decent... judging from Sergio's career averages, this is a legitimate concern & something he definitely needs much work on.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
2/23/2010  10:37 AM
These youtube mixes are the greatest promotional Jedi Mind Tricks in the world. They can make any cat look like the second coming.
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/23/2010  10:43 AM
sebstar wrote:These youtube mixes are the greatest promotional Jedi Mind Tricks in the world. They can make any cat look like the second coming.

I agree with TMS in the sense that S-Rod has not accomplished nearly as much as Duhon, despite Duhon's sucktitude.

However, the potential in S-Rod is clearly higher. He definitely will need to work on that shot, and he is a bit unbridled. Yet, his passing ability is still excellent, as well as his ball handling, and I love how he pushes the ball. He will definitely improve that assist to TO ratio if he remains in the starting lineup. He has to improve that shot though. If he does, he has the ability to be one of the better PGs in the league.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Sergio Rodriguez Highlight mix Check His Passing Ability

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy