[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VIDEO: Knicks News 2/19 - TMac talks, Dantoni Talks, Nate Blurb.
Author Thread
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
2/19/2010  10:17 PM

Click to Stream

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/19/2010  10:31 PM
i really hope that the great things T-Mac is saying about playing in NY resonates w/some of the big name FA's this summer & doesn't end up being more lip service like what we heard from Zach & Marbury when we acquired those guys... 29 games left to show what u can do T-Mac... hope u take advantage of it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
2/19/2010  10:35 PM
TMac talks a lot of crap.

Always has always will.

I take it with a grain of salt. No, screw that, I'll keep the grain of salt.

He's also a cripple that will Allan Houston us. He'll start a bit rusty, then suddenly look like the player he's always been, then be a little slow, then go down in a heap.

And, it's of no consequence.

What we can't afford is that he looks good the final 30 games (29, whatever the hell it is). Then comes back next year and gets a 3-year 5M per contract, and THEN goes down in a heap 10 games into the 10/11 season.

Entirely possible and I sure as hell hope we're not gullible here.

http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/19/2010  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/19/2010  10:41 PM
if what he's talking is sincere, then signing him to a small contract to play w/2 superstars is completely fine with me... that is assuming he shows he can still play over the next 29 games... i'll accept the risk of injury in exchange for having a player that can do the things T-Mac can do on a cheap contract... but no way would he be any contingency plan for a max contract in case we miss out on the bignames this summer, i don't care how well he plays... we'd have to dump more salary to add him to 2 bignames this summer tho, unless we strike some kind of S&T using Gallo, Wilson & D Lee to get 1 of the elite 3, which i don't see as very realistic.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/19/2010  10:53 PM
Cosmic wrote:TMac talks a lot of crap.

Always has always will.

I take it with a grain of salt. No, screw that, I'll keep the grain of salt.

He's also a cripple that will Allan Houston us. He'll start a bit rusty, then suddenly look like the player he's always been, then be a little slow, then go down in a heap.

And, it's of no consequence.

What we can't afford is that he looks good the final 30 games (29, whatever the hell it is). Then comes back next year and gets a 3-year 5M per contract, and THEN goes down in a heap 10 games into the 10/11 season.

Entirely possible and I sure as hell hope we're not gullible here.

wow.. LOL.. can you be any rougher on the guy.. hahahaha

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/20/2010  12:38 AM
TMAC suffered from trying to keep playing when he wasn't healthy. Guys like him and H2O do that for their teams and then get bashed for trying to help their team win. He kept coming back too soon and IMO he probably should've shut it down sooner in order to get fully healthy. You see this in pro sports all the time. Players grind down their joints trying to help the team win and in the end they get tossed and labeled problems.

TMac wasn't a problem when he was carrying his team to the playoffs even back when Yao wasn't really ready to help get them over the top. People seem to forget that about Yao. Those teams were OK, but it was about TMac and Yao delivering. Thing is that TMac was able to do it when healthy, but by the time Yao got good enough TMac was breaking down. He was not working on the right things in order to take the pressure off his knees, but maybe now he's had a chance to do that. He has trained in the way other NBA pros have in order to try to correct the problem and in addition he got needed rest. Maybe he's gonna be alright from here.

TMac said that his knee damage was to a Non weight bearing part of his Knee unlike H2O. So his chances for full recovery are much higher. We'll see.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy