[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: 1:00 PM, 1/18/09, v. Pistons. Knicks get revenge!
Author Thread
orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
1/17/2010  10:39 PM
Prediction: Knicks rock the house

Keys to victory: Bring the heat from the START, not in the fourth.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/17/2010  11:06 PM
hoping that MDA has finally decided to give up on the Bender experiment & get Jordan Hill into the regular rotation... also hope Larry Hughes will see action even after his short stint in last night's game... enough with the 7.5 man rotations coach!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  12:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2010  12:10 AM
Hill, hope so. Hughes, eh, don't care; no sympathy.

But I went to a Knicks game recently, my first this season, and something happened I never expected. I actually, now that I think about it, lost some interest in the Knicks and lost a lot more in professional sports in general. The first quarter kicked off and I thought "hey, all this is is 10 adult humans playing a game in front of a momentarily paralyzed (either by alcohol or crowd mentality, or both) crowd that glorifies them for no other reason than their ability to play a game". Soccer, basketball, football; insert sport here. How much can these guys really care? All those silly millions and it's easy to lose track of what's important. It was a sobering experience. I will still follow and keep up and remain loyal to the Knicks as a fan, they as my favorite team, but I will do so much more casually.

At least in ancient times gladiators fought for their lives. Now these guys don't even fight.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/18/2010  12:18 AM
orangeblobman wrote:Hill, hope so. Hughes, eh, don't care; no sympathy.

But I went to a Knicks game recently, my first this season, and something happened I never expected. I actually, now that I think about it, lost some interest in the Knicks and lost a lot more in professional sports in general. The first quarter kicked off and I thought "hey, all this is is 10 adult humans playing a game in front of a momentarily paralyzed (either by alcohol or crowd mentality, or both) crowd that glorifies them for no other reason than their ability to play a game". Soccer, basketball, football; insert sport here. How much can these guys really care? All those silly millions and it's easy to lose track of what's important. It was a sobering experience. I will still follow and keep up and remain loyal to the Knicks as a fan, they as my favorite team, but I will do so much more casually.

At least in ancient times gladiators fought for their lives. Now these guys don't even fight.

True. Arenas brought guns but they never understood. He is Proximus, don't you see!!!
Let them with West shoot each other as in Wild West... then this all millions will care... not to get in the crossfire.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  1:02 AM
arkrud wrote:

True. Arenas brought guns but they never understood. He is Proximus, don't you see!!!
Let them with West shoot each other as in Wild West... then this all millions will care... not to get in the crossfire.

Haha, you know, Arenas is growing on me. He seems genuine. Foolish, yes. But he has heart, however misguided.

TMS
USA
1/18/2010  4:23 AM
arkrud wrote:

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
USA
1/18/2010  4:42 AM

it's not a question of having sympathy or caring, i just think having those 2 guys in the regular rotation & extending our rotation to 9 men is a good idea... i don't like the lack of energy in recent games i've seen out of these guys... i think these 7.5 man rotation games are beginning to catch up to them.

TMS
USA
1/18/2010  5:25 AM
looks like Hill may finally be part of the rotation now according to latest reports... but don't wanna get my hopes up til i see him out there early in the game instead of when we're down by 20+
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  8:59 AM
TMS wrote:

it's not a question of having sympathy or caring, i just think having those 2 guys in the regular rotation & extending our rotation to 9 men is a good idea... i don't like the lack of energy in recent games i've seen out of these guys... i think these 7.5 man rotation games are beginning to catch up to them.

You think? Hughes, I don't know. He's so streaky. And after this recent tantrum, I kind of want to make it personal and just forget him for the year. Maybe that's not the most reasonable way to look at it, but I really started to dislike him. Can he help? I don't know.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/18/2010  9:06 AM
orangeblobman wrote:lost some interest in the Knicks and lost a lot more in professional sports in general. The first quarter kicked off and I thought "hey, all this is is 10 adult humans playing a game in front of a momentarily paralyzed (either by alcohol or crowd mentality, or both) crowd that glorifies them for no other reason than their ability to play a game".

Natural progression... Most of us idolized ball players as children because they were real life superheroes, and took fandom a bit too far in the late teens/early 20s.

You start becoming a man. Then following a bunch of dudes, reading about them, following them, knowing their ins and outs, is strange. So, you gather around and make social thing out of it. Get ****faced, cheer and jeer, maybe BBQ, whatever... just an excuse to have fun

It's fun but it matters less, and it should, unless you've either got nothing else in your life or enjoy men.

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Cosmic
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #1115
USA
1/18/2010  9:10 AM
We're going to blow them out today.
http://popcornmachine.net/ A must-use tool for NBA stat junkies!
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  10:05 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:lost some interest in the Knicks and lost a lot more in professional sports in general. The first quarter kicked off and I thought "hey, all this is is 10 adult humans playing a game in front of a momentarily paralyzed (either by alcohol or crowd mentality, or both) crowd that glorifies them for no other reason than their ability to play a game".

Natural progression... Most of us idolized ball players as children because they were real life superheroes, and took fandom a bit too far in the late teens/early 20s.

You start becoming a man. Then following a bunch of dudes, reading about them, following them, knowing their ins and outs, is strange. So, you gather around and make social thing out of it. Get ****faced, cheer and jeer, maybe BBQ, whatever... just an excuse to have fun

It's fun but it matters less, and it should, unless you've either got nothing else in your life or enjoy men.

Yea, I thought some more about this after making the post. I absolutely agree with you. It's more a reflection of my own development than anything else. I realize that pro sports has a useful function for the fans, it's more a matter of evaluating the role that being a fan plays in an individual's life.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/18/2010  11:43 AM
Excellent Point

"It's fun but it matters less, and it should, unless you've either got nothing else in your life or enjoy men."

SupremeComm - excellent thought on why we watch. As it relates to talking sports, one also must question the importance of proving one's opinion as superior. Basketball, like all sports, should be fun. The instant it devolves into personal insults it is time to step back and wonder what the prize is for being "right." A box of cracker jacks?

Does it matter to me whether Cablevision spends another ten million on a basketball player? Nope. It ain't my money. The Dolans have more money than God and making the playoffs for them is only an extra revenue stream to keep the MSG lights on in the Spring.

As a lifelong Mets fan I find it more difficult to separate the players on the field from the huge Fox News sign on the CitiField scoreboard, that cursed the baseball team of my childhood with injuries last season.

Hit the open man.

once a knick always a knick
Cosmic
USA
1/18/2010  1:03 PM
Ugh...

We're going to blow these fools out today.

orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  1:08 PM
see wilson last 2 games? 8.5 30-something %
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  1:08 PM
doesn't that woman in the miller lite commercial look like a man??
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  1:11 PM
Ben Wallace is on the Pistons, since when!?!??!?
Cosmic
USA
1/18/2010  1:13 PM
orangeblobman wrote:Ben Wallace is on the Pistons, since when!?!??!?

My man, I am speaking from experience, back off of the libations. They're affecting you.

As to Ben Wallace, he signed on Detroit in the offseason at the urging of his family.

ScoreBot
1/18/2010  1:15 PM
Tipoff 
NYK 0 DET 0
orangeblobman
Nauru
1/18/2010  1:19 PM
Cosmic wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:Ben Wallace is on the Pistons, since when!?!??!?

My man, I am speaking from experience, back off of the libations. They're affecting you.

As to Ben Wallace, he signed on Detroit in the offseason at the urging of his family.

Lol, I'm clean, I swear. I just didn't register Wallace being on the Pistons, for whatever reason. Weird.

GAME THREAD: 1:00 PM, 1/18/09, v. Pistons. Knicks get revenge!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy