[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks sign John Bender
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/14/2009  12:19 PM
fishmike wrote:nobody is hoping Bender is our next starting PF.

At some point we will need to expand the rotation, guys turn ankles, etc etc.

Maybe Walsh just like his personality and thinks he's a good practice player. Who knows. Time will tell. So will orange

But seriously fellas, how else are we to interpret this pickup? How can anyone justify giving Bender

minutes over Hill?

Hill is the freakin' #8 pick overall. If he can't even crack the rotation over a guy who's been out of the league for years, what good is he?

There's gotta be more too this. I think once the December 15th and other trade restrictions are gone, we'll see something happen.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2009  12:27 PM
playa2 wrote:

Maybe Walsh just like his personality and thinks he's a good practice player. Who knows. Time will tell. So will orange

But seriously fellas, how else are we to interpret this pickup? How can anyone justify giving Bender

minutes over Hill?

Hill is the freakin' #8 pick overall. If he can't even crack the rotation over a guy who's been out of the league for years, what good is he?

There's gotta be more too this. I think once the December 15th and other trade restrictions are gone, we'll see something happen.

better to use a bit of imagination: for a guy who was injured and out of league for like 3 years, it seems to me that it would take a good 6 months to re-adjust to NBA life and game quickness. Gotta start with practices and move on to summer league like actions, preseason, etc. This may be a move more for next year than anything.

Pick up the guy now and you get to condition Bender at your discretion and see him in practice over a long period.

I don't think any expectations of playing this year have been put on him at this point.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2009  12:30 PM
playa2 wrote:

minutes over Hill?

why does that have to be justified. It hasn't even happened?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/14/2009  12:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2009  12:56 PM
The Answer Man Stops The Madness

Q. playa2 - how else are we to interpret this pickup?

A. Interpret this (SFX; raucous laughter)

Q. playa2 - When did Jonathan Bender earn minutes over Jordan Hill?

A. In 2001. That was Bender's rookie season, when he scored 10 points in his first NBA game, becoming the first high schooler to accomplish that feat. In 2001, Jordan Hill was in the eighth grade.

once a knick always a knick
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2009  1:09 PM
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man Stops The Madness

A. In 2001. That was Bender's rookie season, when he scored 10 points in his first NBA game, becoming the first high schooler to accomplish that feat. In 2001, Jordan Hill was in the eighth grade.

MISTEREARL: I am really starting to like the "answer man".. very entertaining... I love it.. LOL

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/14/2009  1:13 PM
tkf wrote:
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man Stops The Madness

MISTEREARL: I am really starting to like the "answer man".. very entertaining... I love it.. LOL

hahahah. wasn't that a movie?

[IMG_block] http://iseefilms.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/exclusive-the-answer-man-poster.jpg [/IMG_block]

Rookie

12/14/2009  1:16 PM
Then there was the original answer man, robot Sam, but that was probably before most of us were born:)

[IMG_block] http://chaoskids.com/ROBOTS/MISC/RobotSamBig.jpeg [/IMG_block]

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/14/2009  1:31 PM
Barbara Barker from the NY Newsday says via twitter that D'antoni says that Bender might get some minutes tomorrow after only 2 days of practice.

Wow!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Rookie

12/14/2009  1:44 PM
EnySpree wrote:Barbara Barker from the NY Newsday says via twitter that D'antoni says that Bender might get some minutes tomorrow after only 2 days of practice.

Wow!

He must have seen something in practice that made him jizz his pants

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/14/2009  1:46 PM
I'm impressed guys. 3 pages on Jonathan Bender.

Interesting situation stevesmith brought up. DW signs Joe Johnsons to a max deal..good move or bad move?

I say no to Joe Johnson for max $. The Knicks haven't had good luck with FA signings involving the intials JJ.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/14/2009  1:48 PM
The Answer Man Checks The Contacts On The Life Support Machine and Asks "Paper or plastic?"

orangeblob: "Bender won't play a single minute this season. Mark my words, I put my life on it."

alanhahn: "DAntoni says he may play Jonathan Bender tomorrow, after only two days of practice."

SFX: (crickets)

You do the math.

once a knick always a knick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/14/2009  1:56 PM
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man Checks The Contacts On The Life Support Machine and Asks "Paper or plastic?"

orangeblob: "Bender won't play a single minute this season. Mark my words, I put my life on it."

alanhahn: "DAntoni says he may play Jonathan Bender tomorrow, after only two days of practice."

SFX: (crickets)

You do the math.

easily the most anticipated game of the year

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/14/2009  1:57 PM
I sense the makings of a real feel-good movie plot here. An athlete is injured and forced into early retirement. No one believes he will ever play again. One old man still believes. This old man was like a father figure to the protagonist and convinces him to give it one more try. Anyway, to make a long story short, the athlete returns to much skepticism from the blobmen. But he wins them over in his first game He's all over the court: making baskets, dunking & blocking shots. He goes on to lead his team on a 63 game win streak, after which they sweep through the playoffs and the finals with ease. Our hero and the old man are vindicated, proving that you don't really need cartilage in your knees to play basketball.

THE END

https:// It's not so hard.
jimimou
Alba Posts: 36
Lame Alba Posts: 1
Member: #681
USA
12/14/2009  1:58 PM
BasketballJones wrote:I sense the makings of a real feel-good movie plot here. An athlete is injured and forced into early retirement. No one believes he will ever play again. One old man still believes. This old man was like a father figure to the protagonist and convinces him to give it one more try. Anyway, to make a long story short, the athlete returns to much skepticism from the blobmen. But he wins them over in his first game He's all over the court: making baskets, dunking & blocking shots. He goes on to lead his team on a 63 game win streak, after which they sweep through the playoffs and the finals with ease. Our hero and the old man are vindicated, proving that you don't really need cartilage in your knees to play basketball.

THE END

but what happens to the blobmen in your story? cant just leave the plot unsettled like that can you?

BasketballJones
USA
12/14/2009  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2009  2:00 PM
jimimou wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:I sense the makings of a real feel-good movie plot here. An athlete is injured and forced into early retirement. No one believes he will ever play again. One old man still believes. This old man was like a father figure to the protagonist and convinces him to give it one more try. Anyway, to make a long story short, the athlete returns to much skepticism from the blobmen. But he wins them over in his first game He's all over the court: making baskets, dunking & blocking shots. He goes on to lead his team on a 63 game win streak, after which they sweep through the playoffs and the finals with ease. Our hero and the old man are vindicated, proving that you don't really need cartilage in your knees to play basketball.

THE END

but what happens to the blobmen in your story? cant just leave the plot unsettled like that can you?

He won the blobmen over in the first game with his awe-inspiring performance. That's pretty easy to do. (See "Gallo: The Movie")

Rookie

12/14/2009  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2009  2:07 PM
BasketballJones wrote:
jimimou wrote:

THE END

He won the blobmen over in the first game with his awe-inspiring performance. That's pretty easy to do. (See "Gallo: The Movie")

But who gets to play the blobman in the movie?

BasketballJones
USA
12/14/2009  2:08 PM
Rookie wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:
jimimou wrote:

THE END

Ernest Borgnine

Rookie

12/14/2009  2:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2009  2:16 PM
BasketballJones wrote:
Rookie wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:
jimimou wrote:

THE END

Ernest Borgnine

I like it. Will Tina Cervasio do a bedroom scene?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/14/2009  2:16 PM
BasketballJones wrote:
Rookie wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:
jimimou wrote:

THE END

Ernest Borgnine

I was thinking Ethan Suplee

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
12/14/2009  2:18 PM

THE END

Isn't DaJuan Blair proving you don't even need ACLs in either knee to play in the NBA?

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Knicks sign John Bender

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy