Knicks sign John Bender
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/21/2009  3:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2009  3:35 PM
Then Answer Man Endorses Herman Miller Seating For Its High Design And Comfort

Q. GodSaveTheKnicks - Which of these 7 footers should be getting more PT: Curry?

A. Not until he can post, switch sides of the paint and repost, within seven seconds or less

Q. GodSaveTheKnicks - Hill?

A. Not yet

Q. GodSaveTheKnicks - Milicic?

A. Not until the Serbian Stephon changes his funky attitude and adopts a "whatever coach wants" disposition. Like blueseats sez, "ask NOT what the D'Antoni and Walsh can do for Darko... ask what Darko can do for the team"

Q. GodSaveTheKnicks - ?

A. Piece of cake, Bosh, Bender & Hill in 2010. Kinda sounds like a law firm doesn't it?

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/21/2009  3:47 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
TMS wrote:
NJPlayer79 wrote:Bender is solid but Jordan Hill's development has to be an important part of the planning process for us. We passed up on Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, etc. among others, and to take a guy with the #8 pick overall, he needs to pan out.

Especially when we don't have one coming this year.

agree 100% Jordan Hill's development should be taking precedence right now but we're all haters if we question MDA's methods.

I agree but I think the plan is to raise Fishlips trade value. They were trying it with Curry but gave up because they saw that it was only hurting his value more . I hope that JJSkinny gets traded soon. I think he might be heading to Washington or Houston.

i'm willing to be patient on Hill up until the trade deadline... i understand the need to try & pump up Fishlips' value, even tho i don't think he's anything better than a scrub player making a huge contract next season which will be almost impossible to trade... after the deadline passes tho, if Jordan Hill's not getting regular burn cuz we're 3 games back in the playoff hunt while being 7 games under .500, i have to seriously question the sanity of the men in charge of running this franchise.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/21/2009  4:07 PM
TMS wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
TMS wrote:
NJPlayer79 wrote:Bender is solid but Jordan Hill's development has to be an important part of the planning process for us. We passed up on Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, etc. among others, and to take a guy with the #8 pick overall, he needs to pan out.

Especially when we don't have one coming this year.

agree 100% Jordan Hill's development should be taking precedence right now but we're all haters if we question MDA's methods.

I agree but I think the plan is to raise Fishlips trade value. They were trying it with Curry but gave up because they saw that it was only hurting his value more . I hope that JJSkinny gets traded soon. I think he might be heading to Washington or Houston.

i'm willing to be patient on Hill up until the trade deadline... i understand the need to try & pump up Fishlips' value, even tho i don't think he's anything better than a scrub player making a huge contract next season which will be almost impossible to trade... after the deadline passes tho, if Jordan Hill's not getting regular burn cuz we're 3 games back in the playoff hunt while being 7 games under .500, i have to seriously question the sanity of the men in charge of running this franchise.

We are one game from 8 spot now.
And do not forget about Jimmy - he is there, and he wants playoffs at all cost, untill it is mathematically over.
Whatever leverage Walsh and Mike have it is not enough to overwrite this.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/21/2009  4:09 PM
arkrud wrote:
TMS wrote:i have to seriously question the sanity of the men in charge of running this franchise.

do not forget about Jimmy - he is there

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/21/2009  11:25 PM
Bootleg Post Of The Day

"is it just me or does bender look like a throwback knick? myabe it’s the screwed up crotchety face, maybe it’s the old school knee pads, but seeing him in the orange and blue out on the floor, i was waiting for herb to toss off that suit and check in along with xavier mcdaniel."

- pmsjerk, Posting and Toasting

Another Reason to like Jonathan Bender

September 2008

"If you look around at certain areas in New Orleans, they haven't been touched, and it's been over three years," says Sanchez Goss, Bender's personal assistant and close friend since childhood. "Jonathan is trying to put it all on him. He's one man doing something great." His impact is starting to be recognized by the community at large, many of whom say Bender is doing more for New Orleans than the state or local government.

When asked if he misses the NBA, the 27-year-old is quiet before answering. "That's a tough question," he says. "I probably would have still started all of this at one point, but probably not this soon."

"I don't think he's sad about not playing, because he enjoys what he's doing now," Goss says. "He wakes up every day at 6 a.m. and wants to go non-stop. No one can keep up with him. It's his passion and he loves it."

once a knick always a knick
Knicks sign John Bender

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy