OT: 0-18 and counting...
Author Thread
K22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1182
USA
12/2/2009  10:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2009  10:35 PM
LINK

The futility record is now in the swamp. Next games are against the Cats and then us at the Garden on Sunday afternoon.

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
AUTOADVERT
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
12/3/2009  8:53 AM
Whats good with the Nets? Their roster seems decent enough, a lil' talent deficient but 0-18? What the hell is going on over there?
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
JCHAN
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2999

12/3/2009  9:36 AM
They can't catch a break and from what I see have unpassionate players outside of Lopez and CDR. Alston is as awful as Duhon and he started like 10 or 12 games with Harris out. They're starting Boone next to Lopez with Yi out and that creates some redundancy problems as both Boone and Lopez like to play in the same spots and Boone has no offensive repertoire to speak of. T-Will reminds me of Robinson in both the good and bad ways. Sean Williams is like Chandler but with a worse BBIQ. They're just in real bad shape.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/3/2009  10:57 AM
They are doing the same thing the Knicks are except their young players are getting more minutes and they have two first round picks this year. I am sure as a fan or player it would be hard to watch but I just think about the year Robinson was out and the Spurs got Duncan. If the Nets have the first pick, and use their cap space well, they will be set up to be very good for a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if Thorn doesn't use some of the cap space to bring in a big name at the trading deadline. The Nets already have Harris,Lopez, and what appears to be alot of very good young talented players.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

12/3/2009  11:39 AM
It's pretty sad how the Knicks are only 4 games better than the lowly Nets.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
12/3/2009  11:46 AM
The Nets younguns are overrated.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
metra
Member: #473
12/3/2009  12:15 PM
sebstar wrote:Whats good with the Nets? Their roster seems decent enough, a lil' talent deficient but 0-18? What the hell is going on over there?

They're tanking. Who gives an ish this year when next year they'll be signing big name FA's, playing in Brooklyn and drafting John Wall. I don't know why we're not tanking either. Oh wait, that's right: Isiah Thomas and Stephon Marbury.

kam77
12/3/2009  1:42 PM
Yeah, big name FA's will flock to 0-82 teams in the jersey swamplands.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
12/3/2009  2:13 PM
a couple years ago there were people around here bemoaning the fact we didn't have any good young talent like Marcus Williams & Josh Boone.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
12/3/2009  2:45 PM
The best thing that has happened to the Knicks this year is the Nets sucking so bad. They have taken most of the media attention and allowed Donnie Walsh to take his time with the moves he is making. If the Nets were better than the Knicks, the fan and media pressure would have forced Walsh to make some moves he would not want to make.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/3/2009  5:22 PM
from woji's spot:
"To save money – and spare space on the bench – the Nets will leave a different assistant home on every road trip. Eventually, they may start charging Josh Boone(notes) and Trenton Hassell(notes) for seats on the sideline."
WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/3/2009  5:33 PM
Silverfuel wrote:The best thing that has happened to the Knicks this year is the Nets sucking so bad. They have taken most of the media attention and allowed Donnie Walsh to take his time with the moves he is making. If the Nets were better than the Knicks, the fan and media pressure would have forced Walsh to make some moves he would not want to make.

Since when does fan and media pressure cause the GM to make a player move? I don't think the Nets have any effect on the Knicks. If anything, it hurts, b/c they are the ones getting an awesome draft pick, while there players rejuvinate, with an equal chance to land a free agent.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
McK1
Member: #964
12/3/2009  5:35 PM
kam77 wrote:Yeah, big name FA's will flock to 0-82 teams in the jersey swamplands.

Nets are negotiating to play in Newarktil they getto Brooklyn

Rod Thorn has aleady managed to trade for and re-sign the only two superstars to play in the tri-state the past decade. And now he has added Kiki as GM, another guy who has shown he can attract quality free agents and retain his own superstar in a place that is very much not NY or LA.

Counting them out because of the expected results of a true rebuild season is silly especially when the reward will be a top 6 pick to g o along with another 1 from the Mavs

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
orangeblobman
Nauru
12/3/2009  5:37 PM
McK1 wrote:
kam77 wrote:Yeah, big name FA's will flock to 0-82 teams in the jersey swamplands.

Rod Thorn has aleady managed to trade for and re-sign the only two superstars to play in the tri-state the past decade. And now he has added Kiki as GM, another guy who has shown he can attract quality free agents and retain his own superstar in a place that is very much not NY or LA.

Counting them out because of the expected results of a true rebuild season is silly especially when the reward will be a top 6 pick to g o along with another 1 from the Mavs

if you ask 'who better position for future'...i say 'nets, without a doubt'.

what is overlooked is that they are getting a crazy rich russian owner in january, and these guys just throw money at their teams and they win. see chelsea in the english premier league.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
12/3/2009  5:41 PM
orangeblobman wrote:
McK1 wrote:

what is overlooked is that they are getting a crazy rich russian owner in january, and these guys just throw money at their teams and they win. see chelsea in the english premier league.

Agree. They have already filled to two hardest spots to fill: Center and pg. They have a solid SG and two first round picks next year. PLUS, they have the cap space to sign a max player. The Nets are a team that should make a hard push for James or Bosh. Either one would turn this team around. In fact, I really don't understand why they are not winning. On paper, they look like a solid team.

Trust the Process
metra
Member: #473
12/3/2009  7:37 PM

Awesome rebuttal, bud. I like the part where you actually make an argument.

Also, the Nets will be in Brooklyn in a few years. So picture them in a huge market with 2 big FA's, a top 3 draft pick and Devin Harris. To quote you, yeah, big name FA's will flock to 0-82 teams. But let me fix that for you with an addition: because records the year before don't mean sh!t.

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/3/2009  7:56 PM
TheGame wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
McK1 wrote:

Agree. They have already filled to two hardest spots to fill: Center and pg.

Why didn't our prestigious management team deem those two positions worthy of filling when we had the ability to do just that ?

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
orangeblobman
Nauru
12/3/2009  7:57 PM
playa2 wrote:
TheGame wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
McK1 wrote:

Agree. They have already filled to two hardest spots to fill: Center and pg.

Why didn't our prestigious management team deem those two positions worthy of filling when we had the ability to do just that ?

because we run a unique style. the nets are old ball, we are future ball.

Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
12/3/2009  9:36 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Silverfuel wrote:The best thing that has happened to the Knicks this year is the Nets sucking so bad. They have taken most of the media attention and allowed Donnie Walsh to take his time with the moves he is making. If the Nets were better than the Knicks, the fan and media pressure would have forced Walsh to make some moves he would not want to make.

Since when does fan and media pressure cause the GM to make a player move? I don't think the Nets have any effect on the Knicks. If anything, it hurts, b/c they are the ones getting an awesome draft pick, while there players rejuvinate, with an equal chance to land a free agent.

Most moves (player and coach) in the last 10 years were forced. The media complained and the fans booed. Also, the players have less to deal with since the national media is chewing the Nets out.

Knicks don't own this years pick so Nets sucking more doesn't rob us of our high pick. Our pick is going to Utah.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
kam77
12/3/2009  10:33 PM
metra wrote:

Awesome rebuttal, bud. I like the part where you actually make an argument.

Let me clarify it for you.

Yeah, big name FA's will flock to 0-82 teams in the jersey swamplands.

OT: 0-18 and counting...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy