[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Looking ahead to the offseason & our PG options in free agency
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/30/2009  2:04 PM
looking at the upcoming FA class, there doesn't seem to be a plethora of available PG's to pursue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

TJ Ford, Ray Felton, Will Bynum, Kyle Lowry, Jordan Farmar, Derek Fisher, Mario Chalmers (team option), Carlos Arroyo, Eddie House, Luke Ridnour, Rafer Alston, Shaun Livingston, Jason Williams, Patrick Mills, Steve Blake, Sergio Rodriguez, Brevin Knight, Chris Duhon, Nate Robinson, Randy Foye, Javaris Crittenton, Mike James & a few other scrubs not worth mentioning.

out of that list, i'd probably prefer to target someone like Randy Foye, Sergio Rodriguez or Javaris Crittenton... i'd really like to have a PG w/some size... Livingston scares me too much w/his fragile body, otherwise he woulda been an ideal option... i think guys like Blake, Lowry or Ridnour wouldn't be bad backup options either.

if Duhon plays out the rest of this season & returns to last year's form, i'd be willing to go as much as 3 years at ~$15 mil, but not if that means i'm losing out on any better FA's... he'd be my last fallback plan if i couldn't attract a better PG to sign here.

What are your preferences?

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
11/30/2009  2:10 PM
i like ray felton a lot. TJ ford is fast as hell but his neck issues scare me. if the knicks sign duhon to a 3 yr deal i'm going to deactivate my ultimateknicks account.
#Knickstaps
McK1
Member: #964
11/30/2009  2:22 PM
I like the idea of bringing in Foye as lead guard.

However, if dudee is here past the trade deadline and isn't deactivated with a mystery illness then allowed to expire and seek employment in the Ukraine league Walsh should be swirlied till his shriveled sack is froze dry from the wind gusts produced by the toilet whirlwind

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/30/2009  2:25 PM
BigSm00th wrote:i like ray felton a lot. TJ ford is fast as hell but his neck issues scare me. if the knicks sign duhon to a 3 yr deal i'm going to deactivate my ultimateknicks account.

i dunno if i'm gonna deactivate my uk account but I will never watch another Knick game as long as he's starting for the KNicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MS
Member: #724
11/30/2009  2:43 PM
On board with Foye. Good kid and winner that can hit the big shot play some combo guard and has some size and because washington isn't really playing him could be had for the mid-level exception.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/30/2009  2:47 PM
I want Donnie to go after SRod, Will Bynum and Kyle Lowry.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/30/2009  2:50 PM
Raymond Felton is someone i would definitely consider signing. Haven't watched him much this seasons, but i know last season, Brown had him playing alot of 2 guard which makes no sense to me. No way am I inviting Duhon back. Way to inconsitant and is bad stretches last for half seasons it appears
McK1
11/30/2009  2:51 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I want Donnie to go after SRod, Will Bynum and Kyle Lowry.

so you want to see med - ee - and ocre running punt. just what we need...more guys better suited as backups getting 40mpg's

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/30/2009  2:56 PM
McK1 wrote:

so you want to see med - ee - and ocre running punt. just what we need...more guys better suited as backups getting 40mpg's

What do you suggest? Going after them doesn't mean they are the answer to everything that ails, but IMHO they are the best match for our team in that group.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/30/2009  3:04 PM
Knicks need strong willed players with an equally strong motor. Felton, and will bynum come to mind. I still like Sergio as well....I'm just so sick of Duhon.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
USA
11/30/2009  3:12 PM
MS wrote:On board with Foye. Good kid and winner that can hit the big shot play some combo guard and has some size and because washington isn't really playing him could be had for the mid-level exception.

we won't have the MLE this year, but i know what ur saying... we'll only have enough cap space to sign 1 max FA & maybe 2 midlevel FA's this offseason... depending on who else we can get, Foye would be a nice option for us.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
McK1
11/30/2009  3:15 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
McK1 wrote:

What do you suggest?

don't waste capspace on talent you can draft in the 2nd round or pluck from the d-league

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/30/2009  3:24 PM
We should have a good deal of options in addition to TRADES! That's the component that people keep missing. Salaries don't have to match so we can do all kinds of deals.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/30/2009  3:32 PM
all the players available are complimentary. It depends on who we get in FA, if we get anyone. It depends on what we need from the position. I would rather sign Nate for a MLE type contract and let he and Douglas fight it out for the job then sign most any of those guys. I like TJ Ford. His neck isnt a concern at this point, but he's so freakin small.

If we sign Lebron and Bosh Toney douglas is going to be your starting PG

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
11/30/2009  3:59 PM
Blake & Rodriguez would seem to fit the bill to a certain degree as backups. I think Donnie will look for a trade to get a guy that has much more upside for the starting spot.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/30/2009  4:00 PM
depending on who we get, i wouldn't be surprised to see duhon back next season. he's just being asked to do too much right now, but d'antoni clearly loves him.
¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
11/30/2009  4:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:depending on who we get, i wouldn't be surprised to see duhon back next season. he's just being asked to do too much right now, but d'antoni clearly loves him.

Man don't believe that! He doesn't love Duhon he's just the lesser of two evils. He trusts him more than the other guys we have, but there's a reason he only got 2 yrs. He's not the permanent solution and MDA has been to the mountain top having had NASH run his system to perfection, ONCE YOU GO NASH YOU NEVER GO BACK!

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/30/2009  5:15 PM
McK1 wrote:

I'm all on board the Will Bynum bandwagon. Joe Dumar said Bynum is his favorite player though so I doubt they let him walk.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/30/2009  5:17 PM
TMS wrote:
MS wrote:On board with Foye. Good kid and winner that can hit the big shot play some combo guard and has some size and because washington isn't really playing him could be had for the mid-level exception.

we won't have the MLE this year, but i know what ur saying... we'll only have enough cap space to sign 1 max FA & maybe 2 midlevel FA's this offseason... depending on who else we can get, Foye would be a nice option for us.

One of my favorite NBA columnists is Britt Robson from a Minnesota blog. Foye drove Minnesota fans absolutely crazy and I'm 75% sure that once he becomes a Knick we would hate hate hate the way he plays. Dude is NOT a PG. More of a combo tweener.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
TMS
USA
11/30/2009  5:40 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
TMS wrote:

One of my favorite NBA columnists is Britt Robson from a Minnesota blog. Foye drove Minnesota fans absolutely crazy and I'm 75% sure that once he becomes a Knick we would hate hate hate the way he plays. Dude is NOT a PG. More of a combo tweener.

well if we get Lebron or Wade to come here we won't really need a PG in the classic sense anyway... we can make due w/a combo G or even an undersized SG playing the point... like i said, it all depends on who else we sign in free agency... if we get someone like Bosh or Amare, then we definitely need someone who can set those guys up for shots in the paint, so Foye might not be the ideal option at that point... if that's the case, i'd probably opt for someone like Blake or Ridnour as a fallback option, but i'd probably look to make a trade for an orchestrating PG first.

Looking ahead to the offseason & our PG options in free agency

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy