[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

5 teams that need a point guard
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/24/2001  9:57 AM
1. Atlanta: Emmanuel Davis and Jacque Vaughn, huh? Defenses will drop back and focus on the rest of talented Hawks, and let these guys shoot until they prove they can.

2. Detroit: Chucky Atkins doesn't chuck up shots very well, so Pistons might go old-school and turn to 34-year-old Dana Barros.

3. Chicago: Greg Anthony holds down the point for wretched Bulls until young Jamal Crawford is back this spring from knee surgery. Anthony is almost as old as Barros.

4. Philadelphia: Underrated Eric Snow is out six to 12 weeks with a broken thumb. Speedy Claxton, who sat out his rookie season after knee surgery, has been unimpressive enough in preseason that 76ers went after free agent Rod Strickland. Miami got him.

5. Golden State: Larry Hughes will try to switch from shooting guard, but if that doesn't work out, 34-year-old Mookie Blaylock needs some help
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/24/2001  9:59 AM
This isn't my list but from the oakland tribune. Most intrigueing trade partner continues to be GS. One of our PG's + ? for Foyle/Dampier and Vonteego Cummings to be this years Brunson. Any thoughts?
LJ4LES26
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #134
10/24/2001  10:21 AM
GOOD IDEA,WE JUST NEED TO DO SOMETHING QUICK
THE NEW YORK KNICKS,THE HEARTBURN TEAM FOR THE AGES.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/24/2001  10:48 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

1. Atlanta: Emmanuel Davis and Jacque Vaughn, huh? Defenses will drop back and focus on the rest of talented Hawks, and let these guys shoot until they prove they can.

2. Detroit: Chucky Atkins doesn't chuck up shots very well, so Pistons might go old-school and turn to 34-year-old Dana Barros.

3. Chicago: Greg Anthony holds down the point for wretched Bulls until young Jamal Crawford is back this spring from knee surgery. Anthony is almost as old as Barros.

4. Philadelphia: Underrated Eric Snow is out six to 12 weeks with a broken thumb. Speedy Claxton, who sat out his rookie season after knee surgery, has been unimpressive enough in preseason that 76ers went after free agent Rod Strickland. Miami got him.

5. Golden State: Larry Hughes will try to switch from shooting guard, but if that doesn't work out, 34-year-old Mookie Blaylock needs some help

Atlanta: I do not follow the Hawks closely enough, but it would seem to me that they would want to groom/play their young point guards instead of trading them away. Do they have a glass cleaner or center that they would trade? Don't think so.

Detroit: Now this seems like a possibility. Is Ben Wallace available?

Chicago: I am not sure the Bulls would trade any of their young power players or Oakley.

Philly: Philadelphia and NY would never do a trade.

GW: I hope that Larry keeps up the 1 assist night that he had last night. Fo-yle, Fo-yle, Fo-yle.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/24/2001  12:03 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Atlanta: I do not follow the Hawks closely enough, but it would seem to me that they would want to groom/play their young point guards instead of trading them away. Do they have a glass cleaner or center that they would trade? Don't think so.

Detroit: Now this seems like a possibility. Is Ben Wallace available?

Chicago: I am not sure the Bulls would trade any of their young power players or Oakley.

Philly: Philadelphia and NY would never do a trade.

GW: I hope that Larry keeps up the 1 assist night that he had last night. Fo-yle, Fo-yle, Fo-yle.
I think we're gonna trade with GS - for any one of their big men - some combo of:

Dampier/Foyle/Marc Jackson + Corrie Blount/Bobbie Sura/Scrubs for some combo of Ward/Eisley(i hope not)/Harrington/Weatherspoon.

Expect a trade to go down sometime after Marc Jackson can be traded (December 15th) and the Warriors can begin to feel out offers and sees what their team looks like and whether Sura/Hughes are the answer at the point or if they are the question. Also if Richardson is the Real DEAL Vince Carter Clone, then look for some type of trade to go down for GS to have Richardson in the lineup at SG or SF. But, you say, 'Twany Jamison is at the SF. For now he is, GS also wants to see how long Fortson's foot holds up while running him at PF. If he get's injured, then look for Jamison to slide to the 4. GS also wants to see how Marc Jax does in his sophomore year and if Dampier can remain healthy.

PS - Bulls might - just might - trade Brad Miller, if Curry comes along quickly for Eisley or maybe Mark Jackson. I don't think Miller is our answer though.

PPS - Detroit deems Ben Wallace MORE untouchable than Stackhouse. Go figure.

Philly and NY would do a trade, but they have no big men anyway besides Geiger, who is trash, and injured.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/24/2001  12:10 PM
Washington was also left off this list that has a glaring need for a PG. I'd like to send our Mark Jackson to the Wizards for Jahidi White. That'd solidify our front line. Washington has a couple of players who can man the Center spot... this might be an option around december (Brenda(n) Haywood comes back then - by the way, how can a 7 ft 270 pound guy bench 185 pounds - freeweights mind you - only once?!), once Ward's health (knees) have been evaluated and Eisley's ability to run the team/ learn the gamebook has been brought up to speed. I really would like to see Eisley succeed at being our next PG. He's young and healthy, two plusses.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/24/2001  2:51 PM
Remember the Warriors already have veteran Mookie Blaylock, draft pick Gilbert Arenas, and Larry Hughes, all of whom are expected to be playing point guard during the upcoming season.
We suck.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
10/24/2001  11:38 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Remember the Warriors already have veteran Mookie Blaylock, draft pick Gilbert Arenas, and Larry Hughes, all of whom are expected to be playing point guard during the upcoming season.

I belive Bob Sura has played the point as well. I think it all depends on how Hughes manages at the point. He apparently played point in high-school and is deemed to be a "natural point-guard" but I think he has too much of that scorer mentality to be an effective point-guard, but I could be wrong.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/25/2001  2:24 PM
Yes, there is Sura too, but I think he'll play sg rather than pg. Whenever I watch Larry play, he always yanks up a lot of shots, and is somewhat selfish with the basketball. I doubt he can adapt to playing the point, but we shall see.
We suck.
5 teams that need a point guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy