[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks gotta get McGrady
Author Thread
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/20/2009  5:33 PM
TMS wrote:
JohnWallace44 wrote:TMac doesn't cost you any more than AI, he actually costs less since you'd have to trade dollar for dollar.

Only way he costs anything in real dollars is if we traded the Mobley deal for him.

not if he's on the IR & not playing he doesn't... if u have $23 mil invested in 1 player & he's not able to play it's a huge hit on your franchise any way u wanna slice it... don't get me wrong i'd trade for him in a heartbeat if we could dump Curry or Fishlips' contract in the process, but i know Donnie Walsh won't do it... he'll spit the usual shpiel about us looking into it & considering it, but in the end nothing will get done.

That's not fair, since DW has certainly demonstrated that he will move players to clear cap space. If he could dump Curry/JJ on Houston, it would get done.

AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/20/2009  5:40 PM
Moonangie wrote:
TMS wrote:
JohnWallace44 wrote:TMac doesn't cost you any more than AI, he actually costs less since you'd have to trade dollar for dollar.

Only way he costs anything in real dollars is if we traded the Mobley deal for him.

not if he's on the IR & not playing he doesn't... if u have $23 mil invested in 1 player & he's not able to play it's a huge hit on your franchise any way u wanna slice it... don't get me wrong i'd trade for him in a heartbeat if we could dump Curry or Fishlips' contract in the process, but i know Donnie Walsh won't do it... he'll spit the usual shpiel about us looking into it & considering it, but in the end nothing will get done.

That's not fair, since DW has certainly demonstrated that he will move players to clear cap space. If he could dump Curry/JJ on Houston, it would get done.

he will move players to clear cap space if he thinks adding that player will improve the team... that's why he went after Harrington & Hughes, or so he says... if Curry's playing well (which is a given to assume if we think any team would trade for him) then things could change very easily... all of a sudden T-Mac's durability will come into question, at least from Donnie Walsh's perspective, & i have a good feeling he'd balk on pulling the trigger on the deal... maybe it's a bit unfair to assume on my part but that's just the feeling i get from him.

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
thedpj
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2972

11/21/2009  10:59 AM
Morey is a stat geek. He will never ever take Curry under any circumstance. If they had a bad GM, maybe we can get Mcgrady... but he will not take back Curry or JJ. The holy grail is once again unreachable...
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
11/21/2009  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2009  11:46 AM
If the Rockets believed McGrady could help them win, there's almost no doubt McGrady would be in uniform. Problem is, no one who has seen McGrady in practice believes he's ready to play....
If McGrady had been this committed during the playoffs, his reputation around the NBA might be as something other than a self-absorbed, me-first whiner.

The Rockets would love to trade McGrady, 30, for a player around whom they could build, but those players aren't being shopped.
Regardless of how McGrady leaves, he will leave. He's done here.

The Rockets say McGrady will practice Monday and then have his knee examined. There'll be a discussion of when he might return. The Rockets think he might be weeks away from returning. McGrady thinks he should be back already.

Whenever he returns is almost beside the point. Now it's just a matter of how quickly the Rockets can rid themselves of him.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/rockets/6732407.html

I wouldn't take T-Mac unless both Curry an JJ were included and we got back a #1 pick. For salary matching we'd have to add another player....maybe Nate? They need players and we need cap relief. However getting T-Mac is not a plus for this team. But he can take away our contracts for 2010 - 2011.

PS to TMS - Dorsey was sent down to the D-League.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/21/2009  12:45 PM
all i know is Dorsey's putting up some impressive rebounding stats for his limited minutes... give him a full run & i think he's close to a double digit rebounding guy off the bench, which is better than anyone we have coming off the bench right now... if we gave up Lee & Curry in a trade for T-Mac, then getting Dorsey back would make a lot of sense for this team.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Knicks gotta get McGrady

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy