[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Having trouble identifying threads with new posts
Author Thread
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/14/2009  7:58 PM
Maybe it's just the way I tend to arrive at the site - normally I'm not automatically logged in - but it seems like there are often threads with new posts, but the heading isn't getting bolded. This makes it hard for me to know where all the new thoughtful and insightful posts are.

Right now there are seven or eight threads I haven't caught up on and only one is bolded "Put Jordan Hill at Center...."

Not a big deal, but it probably does cause me to interact less. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has noticed this problem.

https:// It's not so hard.
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
USA
11/14/2009  8:00 PM
Update: While I've been logged on, a second thread has become bold. It's almost as if the information about what threads I've read doesn't get updated unless I'm logged in.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2009  8:40 PM
hmmm, i know we still have some things to work out in regards threads and remember what users have read/not read, so your above experience is not a surprise to me.

I do tend to focus on what the logged-in user experience is first, and I know we will be much more accommodating for that set

In fact, gonna roll out a new feature tonight this weekend that only logged in users can take advantage of...

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/14/2009  8:42 PM
one other thought: i know most websites only keep track of a users "Session" for about 15 minute time period (or so). If you don't click on our site within that span, a new Session tracking ID is created for you and all of your read/unread history is lost. If you are logged in.... we keep history in the db for up to 3 days or something like that.
BasketballJones
USA
11/14/2009  11:29 PM
Sounds like the first rule is to stay logged in.
martin
USA
11/15/2009  2:27 AM
BasketballJones wrote:Sounds like the first rule is to stay logged in.

first rule is we don't talk about the rules

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
12/2/2009  6:51 PM
def having the same issues as bbj. even when i try to stay logged in, i get logged out after some inactivity. it can be discouraging from participation because it's hard to see where the new posts are, and beyond that, since i don't post every minute, i tend to have to log in for every post i make. now, i don't care that i don't post as much, and neither should you guys -- haha. but i am concerned that i've noticed what appears to be less activity on this site overall since the changeover.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
martin
USA
12/2/2009  6:58 PM
eViL wrote:def having the same issues as bbj. even when i try to stay logged in, i get logged out after some inactivity. it can be discouraging from participation because it's hard to see where the new posts are, and beyond that, since i don't post every minute, i tend to have to log in for every post i make. now, i don't care that i don't post as much, and neither should you guys -- haha. but i am concerned that i've noticed what appears to be less activity on this site overall since the changeover.

I have a bunch of changes for the whole site coming out and I think I address the above.

soon.

eViL
USA
12/3/2009  2:21 PM
awesome!
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
BasketballJones
USA
12/3/2009  3:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2009  3:27 PM
eViL wrote:awesome!

So your participation is important after all.

BTW, I think there's less participation because the Knicks suck donkey balls this season.

martin
USA
12/3/2009  3:58 PM
BasketballJones wrote:

BTW, I think there's less participation because the Knicks suck donkey balls this season.

yup. we do keep an eye out on traffic and all the Knicks sites are down. Some of them are almost out too.

donkey balls for the last 6 years.

orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/3/2009  5:28 PM
martin wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:

yup. we do keep an eye out on traffic and all the Knicks sites are down. Some of them are almost out too.

yes, have you notice resurgence in traffic and/or posts since i join?

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
martin
USA
12/3/2009  5:54 PM
orangeblobman wrote:
martin wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:

no but interestingly, our table that stores ignore list shot up when you started to post

orangeblobman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/3/2009  6:07 PM
martin wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:
martin wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:

no but interestingly, our table that stores ignore list shot up when you started to post

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/16/2009  11:28 AM
eViL wrote:def having the same issues as bbj. even when i try to stay logged in, i get logged out after some inactivity. it can be discouraging from participation because it's hard to see where the new posts are, and beyond that, since i don't post every minute, i tend to have to log in for every post i make. now, i don't care that i don't post as much, and neither should you guys -- haha. but i am concerned that i've noticed what appears to be less activity on this site overall since the changeover.

Yeah, I'm seeing this same behavior. After a while of inactivity, it logs me out, and after logging in, can't see what I haven't read.

martin
USA
12/16/2009  11:34 AM
Panos wrote:

Yeah, I'm seeing this same behavior. After a while of inactivity, it logs me out, and after logging in, can't see what I haven't read.

just wanted to re-check this one part: when you log in, I assume you do NOT use the checkbox that says Remember Me, correct?

eViL
USA
12/16/2009  5:08 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

just wanted to re-check this one part: when you log in, I assume you do NOT use the checkbox that says Remember Me, correct?

martin, from my experience, checking the "remember me" box has little if any effect on how soon i get logged out.

jusnice
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2931
USA
12/30/2009  1:10 PM
suddenly, i can no longer see / determine new posts. anything I should be doing different? Thanks,
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/31/2009  10:04 AM
eViL wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

martin, from my experience, checking the "remember me" box has little if any effect on how soon i get logged out.

Mine as well. Though I do believe its been better lately. Has anything changed?

martin
USA
12/31/2009  2:02 PM
Panos wrote:
eViL wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:

Mine as well. Though I do believe its been better lately. Has anything changed?

no.

Having trouble identifying threads with new posts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy