Please Donnie, Cut The Ridiculous, Elaborate Pre Game Introductions
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/26/2009  8:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/26/2009  8:28 PM
oohah wrote:
Marv wrote:wow. u guys are being more than a little old farty about all this.

Marv. Nobody loves Tits N' Ass more than me. I just think the whole "every team has dancers" doesn't work for the Knicks. They aren't very good. Why even have them dance? Maybe they could just jump rope? I am just looking at the shakage anyway. The New York Knicks Double Dutch girls!

I would prefer that they came out in string bikinis and made conversation with a few lucky guys in the audience. Now that is entertainment!

oohah

i think having a pole lowered from the Garden rafters would spice up the pre-game & halftime shows tremendously, & also help to boost the team's revenue

After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/3/2009  9:44 PM
"For the past two years (Nate) has been the face of the organization. He is part of what marketing people like to call “the game-night experience.” He is constantly on the video screen during time outs usually acting like a fool in some pre-taped gimmick that was produced by the marketing department. D’Antoni and Donnie Walsh should have put a stop to that last year.

But what do you expect from the Garden, which no longer acts or resembles the Garden of old? They have a group of people who are constantly firing T-shirts into the crowd. It begins right before tip-off and never ends. They do that in Memphis, and for good reason. Such antics should be beneath MSG. And do we really need to hear the public address announcer tell the crowd to “Stand up and cheer for your Knicks?" What in the good name of John Condon is going on over there?"

- Frank Isola

exactly

The Garden marketing people need to be schooled in home court basketball tactics from the book of Auerbach, which states - "if it does not contribute to winning the freakin game ... you don't do it"

once a knick always a knick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/3/2009  10:10 PM
that's the state of the nba, isn’t it? the knicks aren’t going to be able to be the lone holdout, nor do they appear to want to be. sure it's mickey mouse crap, but it sure hasn’t stopped the san antonio, los angeles, orlando, boston, etc franchises from building strong teams in recent years.
orangeblobman
Member: #2539
Nauru
12/3/2009  10:13 PM
Marv wrote:that's the state of the nba, isn’t it? the knicks aren’t going to be able to be the lone holdout, nor do they appear to want to be. sure it's mickey mouse crap, but it sure hasn’t stopped the san antonio, los angeles, orlando, boston, etc franchises from building strong teams in recent years.

state of the world, too. seems like now everyone all 'flashy flashy'. there is not much room for old school stoics like me. still, i keeps it real.

the other day, i give presentation in class. everyone use power point. i use chalkboard and some rudimentary sketches. guess what? i win.

but we can never lose the elaborate stuff, you know why? because 83.6% of humans attending game at arena do not care enough, are not passionate enough about THE GAME, the just want something to do on friday night or what not, to be cool. and this is how it is, mr. marv.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
misterearl
USA
12/3/2009  10:15 PM
Marv - of course the mickey mouse crap hasn't stopped the franchises you listed, as they do not use the mickey mouse crap as a crutch to divert attention from the product on the floor. When you take inventory of the promotions that focus attention on some cheap pre-recorded scoreboard pop, as opposed to something that is in tune with the tempo and flow of the game - you wonder if the marketing people even pay attention to the individual personality of each game.

The impressionable players start to buy into the distraction.

orangeblobman
Nauru
12/3/2009  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2009  10:16 PM
but misterearl, is not like the marketing people aren't catering to the market. people is much more superficial now todays.

sure, some players might get caught up. the players are, after all, humans too, and they grow up in this culture of flashy flashy, no substance. so, is situation.

WE AIN'T NOWHERE WITH THIS BUM CHOKER IN CARMELO. GIVE ME STARKS'S 2-21 ANY DAY OVER THIS LACKLUSTER CLUSTEREFF.
misterearl
USA
12/3/2009  10:17 PM
The Worlds Most Famous Arena?

orangeblob - you keep on keepin it real homeslice

Is it too much to ask for a public address announcer that does not mimic the tone of a mid-day TV game show host?

Marv
12/3/2009  11:07 PM
hey blob why aren't you coming to the briggs game?
orangeblobman
Nauru
12/4/2009  6:04 AM
Marv wrote:hey blob why aren't you coming to the briggs game?

is very bad time at school, lots of things to do now as semester end.

Marv
12/4/2009  9:55 AM
orangeblobman wrote:

c'mon man that's not fair to us. why can’t you prioritize us?

Bippity10
Member: #574
12/4/2009  10:51 AM
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

Because I won't be there. He would come if I was there. If my post count was where it should be(not that I care) I would go and he would go as well. Martin and Andrew ruined it for you

I just hope that people will like me
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/4/2009  11:09 AM
Bippity10 wrote:
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

Because I won't be there. He would come if I was there. If my post count was where it should be(not that I care) I would go and he would go as well. Martin and Andrew ruined it for you

Bip be a man and come to the game.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Marv
12/4/2009  11:17 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

that's right man. if you come we'll put you and martin in a cage.

nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2009  11:33 AM
Marv wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:
Marv wrote:
orangeblobman wrote:

that's right man. if you come we'll put you and martin in a cage.

awesome idea!

nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2009  11:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/4/2009  11:35 AM
Think about this Bip. If you come, we can maybe setup something up you vs. martin and/or andrew for the post count.

it would include drinking of course

Marv
12/4/2009  11:36 AM
nyk4ever wrote:Think about this Bip. If you come, we can maybe setup something up you vs. martin and/or andrew for the post count.

bean-eating contest followed by a foot race?

nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2009  11:39 AM
Marv wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:Think about this Bip. If you come, we can maybe setup something up you vs. martin and/or andrew for the post count.

bean-eating contest followed by a foot race?

YES

Bippity10
Member: #574
12/4/2009  1:37 PM

I have the alcohol tolerance of a 6 year old girl, who just so happens to be a raging alcoholic. I will destroy them.

I will make of of these events one day..........One day

I just hope that people will like me
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/4/2009  2:32 PM
Bip vs Martin in a footrace to restore post count. That would be awesome.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nyk4ever
USA
12/4/2009  2:47 PM
Andrew wrote:Bip vs Martin in a footrace to restore post count. That would be awesome.

Def agree Andrew.

Bip, man up if you want that post count.

Please Donnie, Cut The Ridiculous, Elaborate Pre Game Introductions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy