[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

state of the nba
Author Thread
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/10/2003  8:21 AM
htere has been many discussions on the state of the nba. the east has been the weakest i can ever remember and the west looks like a bunch of dream teams. there are a series of topics on this issue:

1.) can the lakers lose in the playoffs?

i will tell you that besides the sixers, i hate the lakers more than any other basketball team. i see red when i see the likes of that punk bryant and the baby huey shaquille. but i can not be bias. that team is a team that i would put together on my nba live with trade rejection off. this is an amazing team that, unfortunately, i can not see getting beat. is malone and payton a sell-out? yep. but this time next year they will be polishing their finals ring. the only team that MIGHT have a chance are the kings but they choke during the playoffs and their best player, webber, has been injured constantly. they need him.

2.) do having the best teams in the west hurt the nba?

yes. do not let the lip service of stern, stein and aldridge fool you. an over powering western conference and an awful eastern conference hurt. her is why. most of the u.s. population live on the east coast. it is an historic fact. they need to be interested in these games. if most of the best basketball are played in the west that means that most of the games start at 10:00. hey, i love basketball but i am not going to stay up until one to watch a t-wolf versus kings matchup and get up at 6:00 the next morning for work. i think most of the east would feel the same way. not to mention the nba finals which has been a ratings nightmare the past 4 years. then it is only going to get worse unless things drastically change, especially when arguably the east best team, new orleans, will move to the western conference and we will have the charlotte bobcats.

3.)is there any hope for the future?

hey, it is not that bad. like i said, i am a true basketball fan and will watch a reasonable amount of games. there are good and intrigueing players to watch in both conferences. i think the core basketball fans will never leave. but it will take time to build the excitement from the 80's and 90's. the lakers and kings rivalry is a watcher but i am sure more rivalries will pop up. also players like yao, stoudamire, anthony and davis adds excitemnt to the nba. players are more savvy and can be marketable if they can keep their head straight ( or in their pants ala kobe). they are following the textbook laid out by jordan, bird and magic on how to expend your image beyond the basketball court. lebron is doing a good job but he must pick up his game to provide justice for the hype ( which i think he will).

the future of the nba is not that bad but it will take time.
AUTOADVERT
state of the nba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy