[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
nancy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #136
10/21/2001  9:31 PM
Eisley a 3rd pg? a bench warmer? I know Van Gundy knows he's is too good to be that type of player. I am an Eisley fan. I do not believe his comments about this situation. He demanded trades to get out of Utah and Dallas. If he is 3rd pg, i think there is a high chance he might ask for a trade to get out of New York. He was once regarded as the best backup pg in the league. He is certainly not going to sit on the bench watching Jax and Ward play while his butt falls asleep.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/21/2001  9:58 PM
Let me set up the conversation between Eisley and Knicks management:

Eisley, we are going to play Ward early on in the year to show the league that he can still play. We own some of the NY beat writers and will let slip to them that Ward has had no discomfort in his knees. Don't worry, we are actively trying to move him.

Or at least I hope that is what is happening.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/22/2001  7:20 AM
Eisley is also the youngest and has the best jumper as well. I can only hope he'll get the playing time he deserves but we'll see won't we? They do seem to be shopping Ward and it's curious if he really is in the best shape of his life or it's just to make him more appealing for other teams. Either Ward or Jax will hopefully be traded for size as long as it isn't Ostertag. My personal preference would be to trade Jax but the best trade out there is Ward for Dampier.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/22/2001  10:58 AM
I can't see Eisley going anywhere...even if he gets outplayed by Ward and Jax. The Knicks got Eisley to be their future point guard. Realisticly, Jax only has one or two good seasons left, and Ward will be around as long as his knees can hold up. We all know that after half a season his knees are usually shot, and require rest. On the other hand Eisley has missed very few games over his career, and has skills comparable to both Ward and Jax. I agree with Martin and think that the Knicks are just showcasing Ward so he can be traded soon.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/22/2001  2:15 PM
For me, Eisley has been the most impressive pg for the Knicks this preseason. I haven't seen much of an improvement in MJax's play, but I have liked what Charlie Ward has done coming off the bench.

Remember, Mark Jackson is supposedly the most tradeable of these guys.

So how about we go with Eisley starting (he deserves this opportunity) and Charlie coming off the bench (since Jackson's arrival, he has really impressed me coming off the bench), and ship MJax (possibly to GS for one of their big men)???

What do you guys think about that?
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/22/2001  3:49 PM
Bottom line is we should trade a point guard to Golden State for either Foyle or Dampier. I have been playing close attention to Adonal Foyle this pre-season and he has really done well. In addition to being an uncontrollable rebounder and shot-blocker/defender, i always was under the impression that he was an offensive liability, which he is not. He has proved he can score and maintain a good field goal percentage. Other people we can look into are Keon Clark(who i keep hearing is on the block) and Polynice and Gatling may still be available for the minimum.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/22/2001  5:41 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

...Other people we can look into are Keon Clark(who i keep hearing is on the block)...

Yes, we were having this discussion on the ESPN board, but it appears the Raps want more than a pg for him.
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/22/2001  6:27 PM
Posted by MCfan23:
Posted by Knixkik:

...Other people we can look into are Keon Clark(who i keep hearing is on the block)...

Yes, we were having this discussion on the ESPN board, but it appears the Raps want more than a pg for him.
Yeah i've been looking in on it since the beginning. Some say they would take Thomas, but i would not do that. I would definetly do Weatherspoon and possibly Harrington even though i would hate to see him go. Also, i have heard new york is offering Postell and a draft pick for him which i wouldn't think twice about doing either.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
10/22/2001  8:14 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

[quote]Posted by Knixkik:

I would think that Toronto wouldn't want another one of our point guards at all. They would just have the same problem (3 quality PG, not enought playing time) as the Knicks do.
PURE KNICKS LOVE

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy