[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

necassary trade
Author Thread
prowler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #135
USA
10/20/2001  12:39 PM
I dont know if everybody sees it like i see it but the knicks as is isnt as bad as it seems. But according to my obsevations i think Mark Jackson is the odd man out in what i feel we are tryin to accomplish here. I cant say that that i understand all the legistics involving the numbers (salary requirements)but i think it is imperative that we pull the trigger on the trade with GS for one of their big men. Basically any one of them will help us greatly. That way we could put Marcus back to his natural position.

Eisley
Houston
Spree
Camby
Jackson, Foyle

ps
I have been reading the forums for a while, but i am new go easy on me
knicker for life
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/20/2001  5:56 PM
And the strange reality is that Mark Jackson is probably the easiest point guard to trade, outside of the fact that he is old by NBA standards. And what Mark lacks on the defensive end he certainly makes it up in the leadership department - something Golden State sorely needs. I too am surprised that all of the talk has surrounded Ward. I would almost rather have Ward and Eisley than Jackson and Eisley.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/20/2001  7:15 PM
Agreed, new york ball has always been tough with alot of heart into the D. Mark doesn't seem to have that and hasn't shown this in any preseason game up to date. It doesn't matter that he keeps saying that this year he's in from day one. I remeber Jax playing with Indian the last year and wasn't impressed. I wasn't surprised the Raptors wanted to get rid of him and found a GM willing to take the gamble on an old PG. We do have some fond memories of Jax when he started out as a KNick but his lack of speed and good D makes him the most expendable guy around at the PG position. He'd be a perfect fit for GS as he could coach Hughes all what a PG is about. We could trade straight up NOW for Foyle as long as he has his BYC status, which would mean GS would even save a buck. What worries me the most is this quote from AH..

"We have some talented players but for the most part, we just don't have a lot of room for error so we're going to have to be on our toes and at our best more nights than other teams."

Our current roster if we don't go deep into the rotation will be close to worn out come May.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/20/2001  8:59 PM
New York will make a trade to improve this season, but it probably won't be a big one. I like what we have with our nucleus, Camby, Houston, and Sprewell, as well as role-players Harrington, Anderson, and Thomas. All of these player have established themselves and the others need to do that and quickly if we're going to be a contender. Ward and Jackson are players i would have no problem trading now(though only one or the other) and guys like Eisley and Weatherspoon could easily be traded in december. I think we'll be fine with what we have, but need to make some minor trades if possible and need to keep our players healthy.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/21/2001  7:38 AM
Whether we trade or not I'm more curious about how JVG will handle the rotation this year, with the roster we have we oughtta go 10 deep but will he do it?

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 10/21/2001 07:39:09]
Knixkik
USA
10/21/2001  9:58 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Whether we trade or not I'm more curious about how JVG will handle the rotation this year, with the roster we have we oughtta go 10 deep but will he do it?

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 10/21/2001 07:39:09]
I think he'll go 9 men deep having Harrington, Weatherspoon, Anderson, and either Ward or Eisley coming off the bench at point guard.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
10/21/2001  12:03 PM
Yeah, Jeff has said he is gonna be more experimental this year, in terms of running a quiker offense, more fast breaks and more players in the rotation.

I think he will definitely have at least a 9-man rotation. If we get Foyle then he'll go 10 deep.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
10/21/2001  12:13 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

Yeah, Jeff has said he is gonna be more experimental this year, in terms of running a quiker offense, more fast breaks and more players in the rotation.

I think he will definitely have at least a 9-man rotation. If we get Foyle then he'll go 10 deep.
It'll be awful hard to go ten deep, but getting Foyle will be worth it. Unfortunately, i really can't see Van Gundy going anymore then 9 deep and either Weatherspoon or Harrington will be the odd man out. I like Harrington more, but both do many things well. Harrington has a great post game while Weatherspoon is a fierce rebounder. If you could combine them into one player we would be set.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
10/21/2001  2:10 PM
Pardon for that double up in the message. I hate to speculate on the rotation but i feel most of the role players indeed have a some kind of role on the team. It is gonna be hard to deny Othella because offensively he is about as crafty a post player we've got. Defensively he is sound and in my opinion if u look at the numbers he brought from vancouver he isnt that bad a rebounder. Weatherspoon can also contribute because he definitely will get into game shape. If u really look at it we have to be certain that Kurt will be able to keep it together down the strecth. Our lack of rebounding on the offensive end is due to that stagnent excuse for an offense that heavily depends on isolations thus removing players from diving, and cutting through the lane. If u look at it ultimately who is to blame? JVG
knicker for life
Knixkik
USA
10/21/2001  3:44 PM
Posted by prowler:

Pardon for that double up in the message. I hate to speculate on the rotation but i feel most of the role players indeed have a some kind of role on the team. It is gonna be hard to deny Othella because offensively he is about as crafty a post player we've got. Defensively he is sound and in my opinion if u look at the numbers he brought from vancouver he isnt that bad a rebounder. Weatherspoon can also contribute because he definitely will get into game shape. If u really look at it we have to be certain that Kurt will be able to keep it together down the strecth. Our lack of rebounding on the offensive end is due to that stagnent excuse for an offense that heavily depends on isolations thus removing players from diving, and cutting through the lane. If u look at it ultimately who is to blame? JVG
I don't think it's JVG's fault as much as our own team's fault. We have the talent and depth, but unfortunately both are in some of the wrong positions. I think Gundy has made our team worked well together and thrive on defense more than anything else. He's pushed the knicks to their limit, but now it's time for them to respond. It's also Layden's job to get us a fierce rebounder whos taller then 6-7 and can see significant minutes at the center position. Someone like Adonal Foyle is just what the doctor ordered. I like what we have with role players like Thomas, Harrington, and Anderson in addition to our stars, but we are still one short of a good back-up center in order to be a contender. All we're asking Layden for is one more decent move and hopefully he can deliver.
necassary trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy