Derrick Coleman headed to Philly
Author Thread
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
10/19/2001  9:21 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/3952.htm

this was by Vescey ( a.k.a. the national enquirer of b-ball)

but Knick might wanna stop Philly from doing this.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
AUTOADVERT
Spree2001
Member: #122
10/19/2001  9:29 AM
Explain to me why do you think Knicks will stop them from making the trade?????????????
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
10/19/2001  9:51 AM
Because Philly would have a lineup of

starting:

mutombo
coleman
lynch
iverson
strickland

Coleman is still relatively easy to get. But we dont want Philly to outman us that bad.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/19/2001  10:07 AM
I know that everyone is down on Coleman for his propensity to bring teams down with his jive antics, but I wouldn't mind trading for this guy. Hear me out; there are good and bad.

First, the guy can play. When he puts his mind to it he can be a very good big man who can stretch defenses, post up, handle the ball, and rebound. But we must remember that Coleman is a full package: his weight and conditioning always seem to give the impression that he is getting in shape for the off-season, and he is always making waves through the internal dynamics of team harmony.

I would put out there that if you put Coleman on a team with mature veterans, a strong coach and with winning ways, you would get the best out of him. The Knicks do not really have any players (that count) that are overly impressionable. We need an extra big man. I think he would make a good fit for the Knicks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
lovespree
Member: #53
USA
10/19/2001  11:25 AM
Ok even if we did get Coleman - he is another power forward. He doesn't play Center and has been quoted as saying he doesn't like playing center. I agree that he is more talented than what we currently have at the pf position - maybe excluding KT. If we could get rid of Othella and Spoon then I'd go for it also. But I don't think that really "helps" us in the area's that we need - size in the middle. Talent wise he is the equivalent of what Othella and Spoon bring together. So it's almost like a swap of equal talent.
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/19/2001  12:07 PM
Posted by lovespree:

Ok even if we did get Coleman - he is another power forward. He doesn't play Center and has been quoted as saying he doesn't like playing center. I agree that he is more talented than what we currently have at the pf position - maybe excluding KT. If we could get rid of Othella and Spoon then I'd go for it also. But I don't think that really "helps" us in the area's that we need - size in the middle. Talent wise he is the equivalent of what Othella and Spoon bring together. So it's almost like a swap of equal talent.
we should have swapped coleman for LJ when we had the chance.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
10/19/2001  12:07 PM
Well it isn't just a swap. Othella is on the rise and steadily imrpoving, Spoon is a question mark. Let's not forget the outrageous contract DC has, eventhough it now is similar to spree's it will only get larger and if I recall correctly his contract is bigger next year then AH's. He would have been nice as a trade for LJ if you recall that rumor awhile back but that's about it. If he doesn't want to play center fugeddaboutit.
Derrick Coleman headed to Philly

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy