"Don't talk about my kidney!"
Author Thread
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
11/21/2003  5:07 PM
Hilarious Stuff from the NYTimes:

AST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Nov. 20 — After a draining practice session, Alonzo Mourning and half of the Nets team, mostly second-unit players, were making their way through the final strides of a set of suicide drills, punishment for losing a contest to the rest of the team Thursday at the Champion Center, the team's practice facility. As Mourning trudged to the finish behind his teammates, already unhappy, he heard laughter from the players who were watching.

Advertisement

Mourning snapped in reaction to the frustration of the drills, the team's troubles on the court and the cavalier attitude he has perceived during the Nets' 5-6 start this season. Mourning stalked over to where the players were laughing and, in a profanity-laden diatribe, shouted in part: "This ain't funny. This is about winning."

Richard Jefferson, a third-year forward who was one of the players who were laughing, told Mourning that indeed it wasn't funny, it was "hilarious."

When Kenyon Martin, a fourth-year forward, jumped in by mocking Mourning's recent performance on the court and commenting that Mourning would not have to run if he would improve his rebounding, Mourning attacked Martin's leadership and toughness.

Mourning, who signed with the Nets this summer after kidney disease cost him all of last season and nearly the entire 2000-1 season, told Martin: "At least I'm out there on the court, not in the training room. I'm trying to make the best of my time."

"You can't be a leader in the trainer's room crying, `My ankle, my ankle,' " Mourning added, referring to the sprained ankle that sidelined Martin for five games. Martin responded by mocking Mourning, muttering, "My kidney, my kidney."

Mourning did not immediately react to that comment. But when the players separated into groups for the next part of practice, he suddenly charged toward Martin before being restrained by teammates as he yelled, using more profanity: "What did you say about my kidney? Don't talk about my kidney. I'll put you on your back."

Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/21/2003  5:27 PM
Yeah I just read that in the Times and sent it it a Nets fan freind of mine. I love to hear about them crumbling. The past two years have been like something outta the Twilight zone. Our misery will have company (Nets fans) if both teams crash and burn.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
hDavis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #494
USA
11/21/2003  5:47 PM
haha oh man thats funny. I hate the nets, so many of my friends bailed out on the knicks and are now net fans.
ANOTHER Knick turnover! -Marv Albert
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/21/2003  7:39 PM
I really hate the Nets and I hate Martin even more and this is going to be a lotta fun if these morons self destruct!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
"Don't talk about my kidney!"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy