[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can Mcdyess play Center?
Author Thread
TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
11/21/2003  7:55 AM
If Kurt Thomas continues this production, he'll likely opt out. He's averaging 11.2 points and 12 rebounds, ranking him fourth in the league in boards.-- Published today.

We have three bright spots on this roster. Houston (I'm still not comfortable typing 'H2O', but I'm warming up to it), KVH and Kurt Thomas. It would be a shame to let him go, because in the obvious vision of Knick sucess, he is a good fit. It would be just like this management group to trade him for garbage or let him walk for nothing.

I'm a believer. I like the roster before the start of the season, and have seen flashes of cohesiveness that give me hope. But maybe some of the less optimistic posters are right: maybe they should just start Houston, Lampe at the 5, Sweetney at the 4, KVH and FWill. I bet that starting line up wouldn't be much worse than 3-8.
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
AUTOADVERT
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/21/2003  8:09 AM
Now TRU, YOU SAY THAT BECAUSE WE ARE 3-8 and HINDSIGHT IS 20/20 . You are only hoping that the roster you just mentioned would be placed on the court to make fans like you excited again. If the knicks made the playoffs last yr and lost 4-0 with the the same vets in rd 1 from this current roster , then what you are saying would make sense even to this crazy management. But what you haven't allowed is for all the guys on this Current Roster to play together with out anyone of them being injured and to actually jell. I think what you said makes sense, but not at this moment. NY fans are too impatient , the have Yankeeitis.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Nedyal1
Member: #463
11/21/2003  11:52 AM
If kt must walk, then so be it. We can't replace every contract. Kt walks because sweet can take his place. Progress must be made.

We cannaot continue to take on contracts longer than the one traded for. A Laydog trait.

Letting Ward go, and KT walk, this allows for the Matt carrolls to be signed and perhaps develope. I know this is not a knick thing, but with a roster full of expensive vets, rookies rot. Rid of them, and it opens roster spots, which is very unknick like.

It is not perfect, but there is a youth movement in the belly of our stinking beast. Just going to take a few years to extract it.

That is why Laydog is our general manager for years. Hope for smart decisions, not replacing personal. Dolan can fire Laydog and bring in another schmuck to do the same thing. Change the thinking, you change the outcome.
THE PROBLEM AT HAND MUST BE SOLVED WITH A HIGHER LEVEL OF THINKING THAN THAT IN WHICH IT WAS CREATED: ALBERT EINSTIEN
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/21/2003  12:17 PM
when i hear the word*injured* in sports i want to throw up. how come sacremento lost all of their core for long periods of time last year and still won near 60 games in the west? we have the biggest payroll in the NBA--we are not built around 1 player. the word injury is an excuse. Allan Iversen didnt play two nights ago and philly WON jermaine oneal didnt play the other night and they WON. KVH isnt close to their level anyway. We are 3-8 because we are not GOOD. All teasm have turnover---don't use the word excuse in sports--in fact I learned a long time ago from a very bright person to exclude the word EXCUSE from my vocabulary. When you fail to prepare you prepare to fail.
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/21/2003  1:28 PM
Layden must get a handle on the KT situation before the trading deadline. He is a valuable commodity right now in regards with trade assets. If he is planning on opting out then we should package him to get rid of some albatross contracts. A team getting ready for a playoff run might be inclined to take on another contract in exchange for KT.
Snowman
Member: #458
Iceland
11/21/2003  2:49 PM
I would only trade KT for a #1 draft pick !!! You might think its too much to ask for him but i think the right team would do it like the LAKERS who have no backup PF or C !!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
ARES
Member: #406
11/21/2003  2:55 PM
the lakers aint giving up a number one pick for a backup foward, when they got 4 hall of famers....what are you stupid??

a back up foward will avg 15 to 20 minutes and avg 3 shots a game

i think they can live with shaq and malone
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/21/2003  3:00 PM
The ideal situation would be to dump KT and Eisley or Anderson on a team in a package. Getting rid of Eisley or Anderson is big.
Snowman
Iceland
11/21/2003  3:04 PM
TRU thats damn near impossible unless we take a HUGE garbage contract back. In that case i would take PENNY !!! SHANDON ANDERSON & CHARLIE WARD for PENNY will work !!!
What does DICK CHANEY & DON CHANEY have in common ?? They both accidentally fell into a job they don't deserve & really suck at doing it !!!! Both need to be fired !!!
ARES
11/21/2003  3:05 PM
the suns aint trading penny for shandon and charlie ward

what are you stupid??

you have to be stupid.

no one wants charlie ward
NEW YORK, NEW YORK BIG CITY OF DREAMS, BUT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK AINT ALWAYS WHAT IT SEEMS
ARES
11/21/2003  3:09 PM
sports casters love to call knick fans knowlegable

man i beg to differ.

maybe it's just this site,

there are a couple of sharp guys here, but when i hear guys talking about ward in a trade, like some one other than the knicks wants ward i just laugh.

you really that dumb??

lets do the math

Marbury twice,kidd twice,payton twice,nash once, stoudemire once,bibby once,j.williams once,cassell a few times,kenny anderson a few times,Steve Francis once,

These are point guards some damn good ones and the amount of changes they have made since we have had Charlie Ward. there are more Guards.

WALK WITH ME.
BRIGGS
11/21/2003  3:10 PM
If we are out of it come the trade deadline--and that is almost impossible in the east--but if we are and Thomas is averaging something like 14 points 11.5 rebounds 1.5 blocks shooting 48% and he has a reasonable 5mm$ contract that can be void by either party at years end, he MIGHt be the MOST coveted trade asset on the market to a burgeoning playoff contender. Would I trade KT and Ward to Pheonix for Tom Gugliota and a 2005 #1 pick lottery protected? yes and with their thin frontline and no back up PG, that might be a good deal for Pheonix as example. Or can I get a young player for KT? Can I get Stromile Swift and change? Swift makes sense because he is young athletic and plays the 4-5. There are things we can do to change the chemistry balance and structure of the team. If its a pick, a young player who has played well who has fallen out of favor--even for a jamal crawford. would I do a jamal crawford and chump change for KT right now? YEP even now. We have to have open eyes and minds going forward. While making the playoffs is a goal, it shouldnt supercede making huge corrections to the team. This team cannot cut corners anymore. the goal is not making a playoff--the goal is to have a team that has the ability to drive towards a championship every year for multiple years. Thats how teams MAKE money when they have advanced payrolls. Making the playoff and falling 3-1 and then falling right back out means 0.
RIP Crushalot😞
ARES
11/21/2003  3:12 PM
it's so obvious the knicks are going to trade kurt thomas

it dont think Sigmund frued to figure it out.

the only knick with a contract that resemble's his worth and he has a purpose on most teams.

it's preordained. is a discussion even needed?
BRIGGS
11/21/2003  3:18 PM
If andersen's contract matched the length of Penny's--which it doesn't, I would bet good money the Suns would trade Hardaway in a hearbeat--why? because they save tremendous amounts of cash for a player who is shot. Lets say andersen had only 2 years remaining

Hardaway 2 years 27mm
Andersen 2 years 14mm
Ward 1 year buyout 2 mm

Phoenix gets well below any tax threshold both years[which doubles any money spent] and saves an additional net 9MM$. You have to be kidding me, any business man would do this trade in a minute. Hardaway's value right now is not worth more than 2-3mm MAX. he has no dominate position on the team and shanden andersen could fill in as back up at the same rate Penny does on the wing. Im not saying andesen is better, Im saying that penny isnt a big part of that team anymore--they would rather save the 10+mm and gain the flexibility. Believe me im right on this:>)

RIP Crushalot😞
Snowman
Iceland
11/21/2003  3:41 PM
BRIGGS, ANDERSON has one more year than PENNY. Don't you think they would still do it ???
BRIGGS
11/21/2003  4:06 PM
thats not a deal, no way. even from the knicks perspective there is no reason to trade for PH
RIP Crushalot😞
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/21/2003  4:27 PM
I would not make that deal. Penny was never the same after that injury, and plus we already have the similar Dyess situation. If KT (and Dyess) walks after the season, that's a spot that we can fill with a FA.

Let's give it a little more time to see what ops open up. I really can't see LayDown making a good deal now trading KT.

Then again, how often does LayDown EVER make a good deal?
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Can Mcdyess play Center?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy