[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

For those who didnt think Anthony Randolph could shoot
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/14/2009  7:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TJARASNxEo

I mean this guy can handle like a guard he's going to be just a force on the defense with shot blocking steals rebounds he can shoot handle the ball with speed pass score in bunches in a variety of ways. And you can tell he knows how to play the game with his head--he knows what to do--and hes 19. To be honest I would take Brook Lopez and Anthony Randolph over just Lebron James and I really really wonder IF we couldve gotten that done by trading Lee last year with randolph lasting until 14. We would have a frontline of Lopez-20 Randolph 19 Chandler 22 with capspace---uggh
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
4/14/2009  7:22 PM
Why don't we throw in Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul too
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
4/14/2009  7:31 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Why don't we throw in Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul too

Don't mock BRIGGS with your unrealistic scenario. Make it Dwyane Wade and Deron Williams.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
nyk4ever
USA
4/14/2009  7:46 PM
Briggs knows I was all for drafting AR, I agree with his post. I just don't agree with the constant hindsight is 20/20. 9 GMs passed on Lopez and 13 on AR. I'm not saying it's right, but hindsight is 20/20.
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
4/14/2009  8:15 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TJARASNxEo

To be honest I would take Brook Lopez and Anthony Randolph over just Lebron James and I really really wonder IF we couldve gotten that done by trading Lee last year with randolph lasting until 14. We would have a frontline of Lopez-20 Randolph 19 Chandler 22 with capspace---uggh

LOL. Gotta love this Briggs --- he's got no shame. But yeah, 2008 draft is going to haunt this franchise. We should have Mayo and Randolph!
My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
4/14/2009  11:41 PM
Anthony Randolph and Brook Lopez over LeBron?

BRIGGS please let me know what you are smoking so I can get some too...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
4/15/2009  12:06 AM
Posted by s3231:

Id rather have both of those players together than just Lebron. Put those two together for 10 years and see what happens.
RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
USA
4/15/2009  12:08 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by s3231:

Id rather have both of those players together than just Lebron. Put those two together for 10 years and see what happens.

I dunno about that Briggs. Do you think if those 2 players were on the Cavs instead of LeBron that theyd have anywhere close to the same record?
BRIGGS
4/15/2009  12:19 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by s3231:

I dunno about that Briggs. Do you think if those 2 players were on the Cavs instead of LeBron that theyd have anywhere close to the same record?

Im thinking more of long term. When both of these guys hit their peaks
they will both be great. I think Lopez is much closer to Tim Duncan than people realize or believe and Randolph would be an awesome force next to him. Think about the defensive frontline.
RIP Crushalot😞
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2009  1:39 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

Briggs knows I was all for drafting AR, I agree with his post. I just don't agree with the constant hindsight is 20/20. 9 GMs passed on Lopez and 13 on AR. I'm not saying it's right, but hindsight is 20/20.

How can hindsight be 20/20 if someone saw it before it happen? That's being ignorant while someone was correct. For example, if a group of U.N. investigators tell you they found no evidence of weapons of mass destruction and you still invade a country only to come to the same conclusion. You're ignorant of the facts and theory. Now if the U.N. investigators tell you, hey I think you're right but later change their mind and blame you for being wrong after the invasion then that is hindsight be 20/20. Big difference.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bippity10
Member: #574
4/15/2009  6:58 AM
Holy crap, this again?
I just hope that people will like me
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2009  8:09 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

Holy crap, this again?
obviously you agree with Briggs because we all know you think Tim Duncan is crap.

This is the best thread ever

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
4/15/2009  8:45 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Bippity10:

Holy crap, this again?
obviously you agree with Briggs because we all know you think Tim Duncan is crap.

This is the best thread ever

Well getting 20 points and 6 rebounds for one game in a season gets you major props around here. Once you establish that as the benchmark for greatness then you have no choice but to appreciate each outting that a fellow rookie tops it.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
OldFan
Member: #446
4/15/2009  9:37 AM
Talk about over-hyping potential. This is a classic. Two rookies with potential over arguably the best player in the game, destined to be one of the best players to ever play the game. The good news is if you had Lebron you'd have no trouble finding trade partners, there isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't be willing to give you Randolph and Lopez for Lebron.

Lopez close to Duncan
s3231
Member: #544
USA
4/15/2009  10:03 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by s3231:

BRIGGS, I like both players a lot. With that said, LeBron is making a strong case that he could end up being the 2nd best player to ever play the game. I just don't see how you could pass that up for two blue chip prospects (no matter how much potential they demonstrate, it is still wayyyy too early).
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
4/15/2009  10:24 AM
Posted by OldFan:

Talk about over-hyping potential. This is a classic. Two rookies with potential over arguably the best player in the game, destined to be one of the best players to ever play the game. The good news is if you had Lebron you'd have no trouble finding trade partners, there isn't a GM in the league that wouldn't be willing to give you Randolph and Lopez for Lebron.

Lopez close to Duncan

Give it time and lets go back to this. Would you trade Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum for Lebron James--I would NOT--and I doubt the lakers would either. If you believe that Lopez is a very close comparison to a young Tim Duncan and believe randolph has a combination of KG and Lamr Odom type of abilities--then the cumulative talent is superior to the one player even as great as he is
I agree with you TODAY that maybe most if not all would make that trade. I would not.

Remember Tim Duncan came into the league when he finished 4 years of school --Lopez was at 2. the benchmark for Lopez is 21-12-2.5 in 40 minutes. Right now it looks like Lopez is on a carsh course to mee those numbers playing 40 minutes
He's on a 40 minute pace THIS year of 17.3 points 10 .8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks.
I would say that Brook Lopez--by far is the most under rated rokie in his class and there is no doubt in my mind shouldve went top3 like I thought he was going to go. teams 3 through 9 made MAJOR blunders not picking him and I dont care if they picked Eric Gordon or Gallinari or anyone else. The team that really blew it was Charlotte was going to draft him and pulled back and went with Anjica and Augustin---OUCH.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/15/2009  11:35 AM
Briggs, I frequently will side with you on your arguements, but on this one, you are OUT OF YOUR MIND. And this isn't the movies where the crazy guy is always right. Come ooooooon!!!!!!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
OldFan
Member: #446
4/15/2009  11:23 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by OldFan:

Lopez close to Duncan

Give it time and lets go back to this. Would you trade Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum for Lebron James--I would NOT--and I doubt the lakers would either. If you believe that Lopez is a very close comparison to a young Tim Duncan and believe randolph has a combination of KG and Lamr Odom type of abilities--then the cumulative talent is superior to the one player even as great as he is
I agree with you TODAY that maybe most if not all would make that trade. I would not.

Remember Tim Duncan came into the league when he finished 4 years of school --Lopez was at 2. the benchmark for Lopez is 21-12-2.5 in 40 minutes. Right now it looks like Lopez is on a carsh course to mee those numbers playing 40 minutes
He's on a 40 minute pace THIS year of 17.3 points 10 .8 rebounds and 2.4 blocks.
I would say that Brook Lopez--by far is the most under rated rokie in his class and there is no doubt in my mind shouldve went top3 like I thought he was going to go. teams 3 through 9 made MAJOR blunders not picking him and I dont care if they picked Eric Gordon or Gallinari or anyone else. The team that really blew it was Charlotte was going to draft him and pulled back and went with Anjica and Augustin---OUCH.

It is not only about talent. THere are a lot of talented players that don't have the mental fortitude to lead a team. Lebron is the complete package. Randolph might turn out to be great but his maturity is suspect and many players never mature. I like Brooks Lopez but it'll take a LOT of improvement before he's Duncan. The Nets have
a nice point guard and a wing scorer and didn't even make the play offs. Not saying that's Lopez's fault but a center within sniffing range of Duncan gets that team to the playoffs.

And I wouldn't be so sure about the Lakers not trading Bynum and Gasol for Lebron either. I think Bynum could be special but Gasol is "good" not special. Lebron IS special. The only reason they may not make that trade is because of Kobes Ego. IF Kobe kept his ego in check Lebron + Kobe would make the Lakers favorites for the championship for the next 3 years and after that you'd still have Lebron to build around.
For those who didnt think Anthony Randolph could shoot

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy